IGNORED

How long does LJ have?

Wolf Island

1 minute ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Agree it’s a good squad. I am worried about the Bobby-shaped hole but we have recruited potential. 

I think the major concern is Bobby and Flints goal contribution missing but I saw us create some decent chances today and I’m hopeful Weimann can hit double figures, Famara on his return the same as he will feed off the improved wing service and the likes of Marlon, COD, Brownhill etc may get a few more between them.

It would not surprise me if we hit close to last seasons goal tally without a stand out 20+ individual contribution - this will need more clean sheets for a decent points return.

1 minute ago, Neo said:

I think the major concern is Bobby and Flints goal contribution missing but I saw us create some decent chances today and I’m hopeful Weimann can hit double figures, Famara on his return the same as he will feed off the improved wing service and the likes of Marlon, COD, Brownhill etc may get a few more between them.

It would not surprise me if we hit close to last seasons goal tally without a stand out 20+ individual contribution - this will need more clean sheets for a decent points return.

Yes Weimann looked good and NE and COD on form could be great to see.

1 hour ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

This is not a LJ hate or love-fest. Just a simple query - how long do you think SL will give if form from last season carries over? 

The bar in the Championship has been raised yet again with managerial appointments and money spent on players. Can City compete with LJ at the helm? 

SL is clearly invested in LJ but surely patience is finite. Will he look elsewhere before the clocks go back if we are in the bottom third of the table?

IMO LJ can succeed at City but confidence amongst fans and players is brittle and can’t survive an extended poor run of form in the first block of ten games. Time to step up wee man. 

As long as uncle Steve wants to give him 

This is not a LJ hate or love-fest. Just a simple query - how long do you think SL will give if form from last season carries over? 

The bar in the Championship has been raised yet again with managerial appointments and money spent on players. Can City compete with LJ at the helm? 

SL is clearly invested in LJ but surely patience is finite. Will he look elsewhere before the clocks go back if we are in the bottom third of the table?

IMO LJ can succeed at City but confidence amongst fans and players is brittle and can’t survive an extended poor run of form in the first block of ten games. Time to step up wee man. 

Jeez..........not this again................:sleeping:

8 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

The truth is, if you don't rate LJ, people on here will put you down, I know from experience, 

Don’t even have to rate or not rate him for that - just asking a balanced reasonable question is enough for the kangaroo court to sit in session it seems. OTIB going downhill fast imo.

5 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

"time to step up wee man" ??

and my comment has no worth??

So you disagree that LJ has something to prove this season?

And yes your comment was worthless - either engage in the debate or say nothing. Cheap shot sniping at posters is worthless. 

I wonder why that might be?

Of course, this is not a Ser Davos Ciderworth hate or love-fest.  Just a simple query - is this the most pointless thread ever on OTIB?

The bar on OTIB has been raised yet again with some pretty pointless threads.  Can Ser Davos Ciderworth compete?

Time to step up [insert unnecessary dig of your choice]

2 minutes ago, red panda said:

I wonder why that might be?

Of course, this is not a Ser Davos Ciderworth hate or love-fest.  Just a simple query - is this the most pointless thread ever on OTIB?

The bar on OTIB has been raised yet again with some pretty pointless threads.  Can Ser Davos Ciderworth compete?

Time to step up [insert unnecessary dig of your choice]

Hilarious. Got anything interesting to say? Thought not.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Go on then how long do you think he has...is it ten games then?

why post this after a very credible draw against one of the favourites for promotion this year.

ridiculous

Look at the form table since Xmas last year. You really can’t understand why the question is relevant?

Look at the form table since Xmas last year. You really can’t understand why the question is relevant?

So a brand new season...clean slate, improvement in league position every season for the last 4...new players, playing against the team with the biggest net spend in the league (21m against next best at 6m),earning a solid draw, debutants looking good.

why do you think it is relevant to post a reasonably negative comment after 90mins

To answer the question, as I don't think it's particularly unreasonable, the only way LJ goes this side of Christmas is if we're deep in relegation trouble. And in fairness to SL, that would be consistent with previous managers (Tinnion, Millen, O'Driscoll - McInnes and Cotterill lasted a bit longer until early January). I do think though that he will have made it clear to LJ that the prolonged periods of awful form must stop, and another one might do for him even if it happens at the end of the season and doesn't mean we get dragged into a relegation battle. 

12 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

So a brand new season...clean slate, improvement in league position every season for the last 4...new players, playing against the team with the biggest net spend in the league (21m against next best at 6m),earning a solid draw, debutants looking good.

why do you think it is relevant to post a reasonably negative comment after 90mins

You think a football manager has a clean slate at the start of a season? Incredibly naive view.

You think a football manager has a clean slate at the start of a season? Incredibly naive view.

Also somewhat naive to assume a manager will be under the same pressure they finish last season with. It may not be a 'clean' slate but LJ is by no means under pressure in any sense at the moment. 4 different starters to last year, could say 5 with Eliasson given how little he played last season. The form of essentially a different side isn't going to be held against the current side.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

To answer the question, as I don't think it's particularly unreasonable, the only way LJ goes this side of Christmas is if we're deep in relegation trouble. And in fairness to SL, that would be consistent with previous managers (Tinnion, Millen, O'Driscoll - McInnes and Cotterill lasted a bit longer until early January). I do think though that he will have made it clear to LJ that the prolonged periods of awful form must stop, and another one might do for him even if it happens at the end of the season. 

Agreed. Im sure Lee has been told by the powers that be that another disastrous run will not be tolerated and so it shouldn’t, if it does happen again this season then even the most happiest of happy clappers will have to accept that its a genuine problem LJ has and that a change would be needed..

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Also somewhat naive to assume a manager will be under the same pressure they finish last season with. It may not be a 'clean' slate but LJ is by no means under pressure in any sense at the moment. 4 different starters to last year, could say 5 with Eliasson given how little he played last season. The form of essentially a different side isn't going to be held against the current side.

Regardless of the standpoint of SL and his seemingly ‘stand by Lee at all costs’ attitude he seems to have, if we do go on a bad run early on the pressure from the stands will be unbearable for LJ IMO, so i tend to agree with Sir Devos in saying Lee us under a certain amount of pressure from the off..

I had to take a tablet in order to focus on a sensible reply to this post.

If we look like relegation then I will be calling for change - especially at managerial level. 

Apart from that I am ok for now with establishing Championship status. 

Ive been supporting this club since 1970s and For most of my time as a supporter we have been in League 1 (div 3 to us oldies). To be an established championship side IS progress - god knows I’m happy knowing that we are in the second tier and growing. 

These type of posts will descend into a ‘hater vs lover’ pathetic slanging match whether it’s intended by the OP or not. It’s how we are. 

I personally hope he stays and I hope he delivers us a better league position than last year, but I won’t be calling for him to go unless we look like getting relegated. 

Weve been so-say aiming for the Prem since SL took over but it’s only since LJ that we’ve looked safe in this league - so that has to be a step in the right direction surely?

those people sore about todays result vs a side with a ‘devil may care’ spending plan might want to imagine what it must be like as a Baggie tonight !!

rant over - and glass empty. ‘Yes please landlord - another lager over here............’ 

9 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Personally I always wipe the slate clean the team changes over the summer and it would be childish to judge this team before they have had chance to gel (in my defense i don't play any football games or take any drugs (not prescribed by my doctor))  

Archived