IGNORED

How long does LJ have?

Wolf Island

20 minutes ago, harrys said:

I was fully aware of Bolton’s lucky result at the Hawthorns yesterday, still relegation certainties with Rotherham, that just leaves one relegation place up for grabs

I'm sure you are, my point being that anyone can beat anyone In this division whether you think they're relegation certainties or not. I actually think only Rotherham are relegation certainties.  

15 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Seriously?  After one game of the season you start a thread with the title “How Long has LJ got” and you wonder why people are asking you to leave it out?

They’re not asking anyone to leave it out. They’re posting pictures of rubbish bins and getting personal with the insults. Pathetic. Childish. Hiding behind an iPhone. 

1 hour ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

How so?

You cannot see how an unnecessary dig at Johnsons height has brought up a reaction?

You could have ended with "time for LJ to step up?" But went for an option that mocks him, and now you have the gall to slate others for responding to yourself in the same unkind manner that you used..

Our record since the win against MU on 20th December 2017:

D, W, L, L, L, L, L , D, L, W, L, D, D, D, L, W, L, D, W, D, L, L, W, L, D, D, L and yesterday D

Played 28, Won 5, Drawn 10, Lost 13

I back LJ  (for now) because I support City however, this above record doesn’t make great reading and I don’t think it’s wrong based on it, to ask the question posed by the original OP.

One thing I find interesting is that he seems to be well thought of, in wider football circles. Personally, I think the way he speaks and presents himself as a modern, football manager is excellent.

In my (humble) opinion, he sometimes struggles when plan A doesn’t work or when opposition coaches change their formation or tactics. Yesterday against a 6’ 8” goalkeeper, why didn’t we, at some point, have our 6’ 7” striker? (Is Duric injured?) I am certainly looking forward to seeing our new players bed in .

My wish is that he had more experience in his coaching staff!

19 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

On Radio Bristol before the game SL said the aim for this season is to finish higher than last season (11th). 

He did go on to say that he addressed the squad this morning and told them he "wasn't getting any younger" and wanted to see the club promoted to the Premier League sooner rather than later.

He said to 20man that there was no great pressure for it to happen this season and if it didn't then he would look to the season after.

Nothing firm but possibly an indication that LJ has a couple of seasons to get us there.

He's under no pressure this season I would suggest, unless we end up in a relegation battle.

This all day long. If we are in a relegation battle at Xmas I would be stunned if SL kept faith. Anything above that and he will and should remain in situ.

39 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Enough of the faux outrage. Anyone who’d like to discuss the topic of this thread, and particularly Spoon, Grey Fox, Red Panda, Roger Red Hat - I’d be more than happy to chat just pm me and we can arrange a time and place. 

Forums are like that Ser, people will always disagree with you because they don't like what you are saying OR to get a rise out of you. You played your Joker and got a great reaction but you don't need to meet anyone to "chat". You're not really in Game of Thrones.:laughcont:

1 hour ago, mrevans said:

Our record since the win against MU on 20th December 2017:

D, W, L, L, L, L, L , D, L, W, L, D, D, D, L, W, L, D, W, D, L, L, W, L, D, D, L and yesterday D

Played 28, Won 5, Drawn 10, Lost 13

I back LJ  (for now) because I support City however, this above record doesn’t make great reading and I don’t think it’s wrong based on it, to ask the question posed by the original OP.

One thing I find interesting is that he seems to be well thought of, in wider football circles. Personally, I think the way he speaks and presents himself as a modern, football manager is excellent.

In my (humble) opinion, he sometimes struggles when plan A doesn’t work or when opposition coaches change their formation or tactics. Yesterday against a 6’ 8” goalkeeper, why didn’t we, at some point, have our 6’ 7” striker? (Is Duric injured?) I am certainly looking forward to seeing our new players bed in .

My wish is that he had more experience in his coaching staff!

Spot on ( IMO ) with your last sentence. I still think of LJ as a relatively inexperienced manager and I do think he'd benefit from an experienced coach/number 2 alongside him. 

2 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

How so?

One game into a new season and you are telling us our manager needs to step up.? You then have the nerve to accuse people of childish hysteria when they respond. Time to go look in a mirror I think.

19 hours ago, Neo said:

No change would be made in 2018 unless form was terrible and worse than early 2018 I would suggest.

I believe it will be irrelevant as this is the best squad we have had for a while - bit lightweight but a lot of talent. We will be in top half at Xmas 

Has he bought any leaders?

Just a thought, or was that just one of last seasons ( and the season before) excuses!

49 minutes ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Forums are like that Ser, people will always disagree with you because they don't like what you are saying OR to get a rise out of you. You played your Joker and got a great reaction but you don't need to meet anyone to "chat". You're not really in Game of Thrones.:laughcont:

Am I the only person on the planet 'never to have seen an episode of 'Thrones??...

Went to Dubrovnik and that's all I was seeing, everywhere-did me 'ed in!!....

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

One game into a new season and you are telling us our manager needs to step up.? You then have the nerve to accuse people of childish hysteria when they respond. Time to go look in a mirror I think.

It depends where you measure Lee's performance from......if its from the end of December last year then he definitely needs to up his game. But if its from the start of this season then one draw against a decent side seems acceptable. But many might say that you cant just write off the latter half of last season which was not a good managerial performance and showed worrying flaws in his abilties as a manager. Having said that we may go on a great run over the next 10 games and all will be forgotten. 

20 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Go on then how long do you think he has...is it ten games then?

why post this after a very credible draw against one of the favourites for promotion this year.

ridiculous

whats ridiculious is a team that finished 6places below us are now favs for promo; why is that you should ask yourself are we doing something wrong by any chance?

13 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

whats ridiculious is a team that finished 6places below us are now favs for promo; why is that you should ask yourself are we doing something wrong by any chance?

Not having £27m to spend on players?

14 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

It depends where you measure Lee's performance from......if its from the end of December last year then he definitely needs to up his game. But if its from the start of this season then one draw against a decent side seems acceptable. But many might say that you cant just write off the latter half of last season which was not a good managerial performance and showed worrying flaws in his abilties as a manager. Having said that we may go on a great run over the next 10 games and all will be forgotten. 

By the same regard then you can't write off the first half of the season which was very good performances.

11 minutes ago, hodge said:

Not having £27m to spend on players?

By the same regard then you can't write off the first half of the season which was very good performances.

would be interesting to know how much LJ has spent on transfers since he came here?

you can also take into account a record breaking winless streak then as well then

2 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Enough of the faux outrage. Anyone who’d like to discuss the topic of this thread, and particularly Spoon, Grey Fox, Red Panda, Roger Red Hat - I’d be more than happy to chat just pm me and we can arrange a time and place. 

Pretty sure offering a coffee is the appropriate term.

6 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

would be interesting to know how much LJ has spent on transfers since he came here?

you can also take into account a record breaking winless streak then as well then

Few factors on that, do you take into account players sold so looking at net spend rather than overall spend? Do you account for the fact LJ inherited a threadbare squad so had to spend to have a decent sized squad in the first place?

32 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Why start at the end of December last season?

Take each season individually, or take the entirety of his time here- any other way means a large chance the the start date has been picked to suit the argument.

Absolutely no chance we will be relegated this year - the bottom half of this championship looks too poor.

Many clubs under financial pressure and some have poor squads with many injuries may see them dragged into things.

As long as the players look like they want to play for lee (as he has bought many of them now) then Ill be happy with him

10 hours ago, Tomarse said:

You know what after 3 hours sleep in last few days looking after a 3 week old baby the last thing I want to do is log on here and see stuff like this going one.

Maybe it’s time we took a harder line then. Maybe it’s time we banned returned posters, those with multiple accounts, those who send threats through PMs, those who call me a **** on twitter and think I can’t see it, those that proclaim that OTIB needs shutting down, those that spend hours just snaking a persons post because they don’t like them.

Or maybe everyone could grow the **** up and learn to get on with each other on here or ignore posts and views they don’t agree with because frankly right now in the words of Red ‘I couldn’t give a s**t’

Maybe I should just ban myself, that works. 

Please don't ban me I pay a fiver each year so I can post complete bollocks and be an areshole.

ps I really don't want to grow up tried it once and didn't like it.

pps A big congratulations on the baby.

3 hours ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

Translation :

Meet me behind the bike sheds and I’ll proper duff you up. One handed

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Has he bought any leaders?

Just a thought, or was that just one of last seasons ( and the season before) excuses!

Don’t think he really wants leaders, the recent characters that seamed to be leaders are all gone, IMHO opinion, because they were prepared to tell LJ what they thought, the exception being Wilbs who really seemed to get the team going

Archived