IGNORED

EFL highlights on quest

Redshorts

1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Obviously had a problem with the wide screen transmission and switched to a back up system using the old 4:3 format

Blimey

Was going to say are we back in 80s

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Fucketh me! Did anyone want to experience how it was watching football highlights in 1987. 

What an utter utter bag of **** 

but Harry seems to have nailed it !!!!!

:laughcont:

The Sky goals and review was fine / good

At least the awful "theme tune" on Channel 5 has gone. Plus Colin Murray has been the best and most knowledgeable anchor of this show in its various itterations (not much competition I admit), so good to see that he has remained. Otherwise there is only so much you can do with 10 or so games to get through in an hour minus ad breaks, so not much change, just a lot further down the channel list.

1 minute ago, Dr Balls said:

At least the awful "theme tune" on Channel 5 has gone. Plus Colin Murray has been the best and most knowledgeable anchor of this show in its various itterations (not much competition I admit), so good to see that he has remained. Otherwise there is only so much you can do with 10 or so games to get through in an hour minus ad breaks, so not much change, just a lot further down the channel list.

Colin Murray is excellent in my opinion, really knows his stuff about football and not just a presenter they can stick on.

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Are you on Virgin? UKTV pulled all their channels (Gold, Dave, Yesterday etc) last weekend as they're in dispute with Virgin over transmission costs.

But us mugs paying old Dickie Branson do have some other channels to make up for it. They reckon.

Yes, the transmission did have a bad start but I found it was cleared soon enough on Quest HD (Virgin 217). Coverage looked pretty similar. Also glad not to have to endure that banging music from last season, although kinda missed the temptress that is Caroline Barker...:ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Are you on Virgin? UKTV pulled all their channels (Gold, Dave, Yesterday etc) last weekend as they're in dispute with Virgin over transmission costs.

Ah right cheers mate

I've found this morning that if you can't get Quest in HD (on Freeview) but you have an Apple device then you can watch in HD on the 'Quest OD' app. Not sure if you can watch it at 9 o'clock but if you would prefer to wait and watch something that actually looks like it's from yesterday and not 30 years ago, then now you can

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/questod/id1385600730?mt=8

Edit: Turns out you can watch live in the app

Archived