IGNORED

Park and Ride journey.

Ashtonwurzel

3 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

That does seem hugely  excessive . Does that include waiting for the bus to fill up ? We caught the 1st bus and took probably 20 - 25 mins 

what time bus was it you got ?

I think we left at about 13.25.

There was no bus between 12.50 and 13.20

Time includes parking car until getting off bus at ground.

42 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Used the Park and Ride at Brislington for the first time yesterday and it took 1 hour and 20 minutes to get from parking our car at the park and ride until our arrival at AG. 

12.50 - 14.10.

Is that the normal time scale ?

What route does it take AW ?

Traffic was dire yesterday 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

What route does it take AW ?

Traffic was dire yesterday 

A4 down towards Temple Meads and then along the river, no stops and yes the traffic was bad.but we had to wait half and hour for a bus in the first place. On the flip side, after the game we were back at our car by 17.20 !! and home by 17.30.

I will put it down to a heavy traffic day and we will give it another go versus Boro.

4 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

A4 down towards Temple Meads and then along the river, no stops and yes the traffic was bad.but we had to wait half and hour for a bus in the first place. On the flip side, after the game we were back at our car by 17.20 !! and home by 17.30.

I will put it down to a heavy traffic day and we will give it another go versus Boro.

I’m driving down earlier and earlier and parking becoming more and more of a nightmare

Thinking through all the options though I’d have to leave just as early to utilise the P&R and different but similar level of hassle - so interesting to read others experiences about the options

As it’s direct I’m surprised they don’t go along Airport Road , Hartclifee roundabout etc - would have thought it would be easier and quicker

6 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I find the same by driving but that’s impressive

Can I ask - how did you find getting the bus coming back ? (Good I assume !)

Did you have to slide out in injury time to get the (First) Bus Back .

Or was there more than one waiting ?

I use the Portway P+R, can’t complain about it all. Before the game it’s a breeze. 

Afterwards is a bit hit and miss but made the first bus yesterday so was back at Portway by 5.20, home at 6. 

If you don’t make the first bus it’s longer to get back as obviously you hit more traffic and on the bigger games the rozzers hold the traffic to let the buses out.

But to me it’s no worse than trying to drive out after. It’s the no hassle beforehand that sells it.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I find the same by driving but that’s impressive

Can I ask - how did you find getting the bus coming back ? (Good I assume !)

Did you have to slide out in injury time to get the (First) Bus Back .

Or was there more than one waiting ?

We left with 5 minutes to go, my 4 and a half year old son was a trooper after getting upset in the first half due to the noise at the start and we nearly didn't make half time !!!

I would assume we got the first bus and it was waiting, I think we pulled away just as the final whistle went.

33 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As it’s direct I’m surprised they don’t go along Airport Road , Hartclifee roundabout etc - would have thought it would be easier and quicker

This is the usual route, think it must have been a new driver. The queues  were bigger than usual yesterday.  There were 2 buses in at 125 pm and they filled up and departed and we had to wait for the third before we could get on.     I think the promise of more frequent buses meant a fair few extra supporters gave it a try.

DQ

40 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m driving down earlier and earlier and parking becoming more and more of a nightmare

Thinking through all the options though I’d have to leave just as early to utilise the P&R and different but similar level of hassle - so interesting to read others experiences about the options

Yeah, they did go that way last year when I used them. Usually about 20 mins or so to the ground. I gave up though as if you didn't leave early you could wait up to an hour, but in fairness, I think they've added extra buses now to combat that.

40 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’ve taken the park and ride loads of times and never has it gone that way from brislington. It’s always gone along airport road and dropped down into Bedminster . That always seems to be fine . 

We found ourselves goiing earlier and earlier last as the season progressed

yesterday  We didn’t bother as we thought we’d go to the shop and also clap the team off  - however the shop looked like there was a “next sale” with queues out the door we didn’t bother and joined a queue for about 25- 30 mins for the first lot of buses to get back for us . Always seems quite easy to use tbh 

I now use the portway Park and ride , before the game no problem , get on the 2pm.  15 minutes later I’m at the ground . 

However on the way back it seems hit and miss . I left the game on 88 minutes and got on the first one and home at a good time , if I watch the whole game and injury time there’s a risk you will be stood around for ages , although I believe there are to be more busses laid on    , as to the frequency and exact timings I’ve not seen anywhere . 

Overall a good service , just needs find tuning 

13 minutes ago, Dolman Queen said:

This is the usual route, think it must have been a new driver. The queues  were bigger than usual yesterday.  There were 2 buses in at 125 pm and they filled up and departed and we had to wait for the third before we could get on.     I think the promise of more frequent buses meant a fair few extra supporters gave it a try.

DQ

We came back that way.

47 minutes ago, kivsy said:

I now use the portway Park and ride , before the game no problem , get on the 2pm.  15 minutes later I’m at the ground . 

However on the way back it seems hit and miss . I left the game on 88 minutes and got on the first one and home at a good time , if I watch the whole game and injury time there’s a risk you will be stood around for ages , although I believe there are to be more busses laid on    , as to the frequency and exact timings I’ve not seen anywhere . 

Overall a good service , just needs find tuning 

Yep, we got the Portway P&R , bus left at about 12.45 and we were at the ground by about 1.10.

We missed the first bus back by about a minute but there was another one there almost immediately.

Getting back was always the drawback but if they've laid extra buses on then I think we'll be doing it again.

3 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Another bonus I hadn't thought about is that you get to chat with other fans about the game during the trip back on the bus (if you want to !) we sat next to 2 Forest fans who live in Salisbury and it was good to talk about the game straight after.

Unless you want to talk about what happened in the last 5 mins of the game..! 

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

I reckon the Portray P&R bus should pick up on the bus stop on the roundabout by Ashton Park School, straight onto the Cumberland Basin without getting caught up in Winterstoke road traffic.

Suggested that last season (well, the bus lay-by near the roundabout) but clearly the ***** who operate the buses are far too busy refining their world class Metrobus system to worry about the slick running of the traditional bus services.

Archived