IGNORED

Leeds v Stoke

Lanterne Rouge

Watching this reminds me what I thought a lot yesterday , despite it not being a classic

The Championship is now one hell of a standard , quick feet , great techniques on show and played at 100 mph so great athleticism required too

Skills on show with acconsistency that we’d have been shocked if we saw in the Prem 3/4 years ago

Brutal

We all debate how poor we or individuals are / were at times but there’s no hiding place in this league and if you arnt a good athlete and / or you can’t play , you’re not lasting long in this league

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The Championship is now one hell of a standard 

It’s the most competitive and difficult league around. Competitive in terms of pretty much any team can beat A N other and difficult due to its length and sheer intensity

Celtic wouldn’t be guaranteed to get out of it and you see every year the teams from the Premier league take a while to get used to its intensity

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Watching this reminds me what I thought a lot yesterday , despite it not being a classic

The Championship is now one hell of a standard , quick feet , great techniques on show and played at 100 mph so great athleticism required too

Skills on show with acconsistency that we’d have been shocked if we saw in the Prem 3/4 years ago

Brutal

We all debate how poor we or individuals are / were at times but there’s no hiding place in this league and if you arnt a good athlete and / or you can’t play , you’re not lasting long in this league

I couldn't believe it when I saw Sjokes' team sheet.  The quality they have there is incredible.  Hopefully they'll lose a few of them this week. Leeds look good, my tip to go up this year (unfortunately!) 

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Brutal

Fully agree, this League is getting better all the time. Getting harder tactically by the year too.

Don’t think the standard in the championship now is much off the premier league (8th down) tbh.

Gets higher every year as well and the amount of progress you need to make just to stand still is frightening. Something that should be borne in mind when we’re dossing around mid table most of the season.

2 minutes ago, jimmyb said:

Don’t think the standard in the championship now is much off the premier league (8th down) tbh.

Gets higher every year as well and the amount of progress you need to make just to stand still is frightening. Something that should be borne in mind when we’re dossing around mid table most of the season.

Apart from the goal keeping maybe

Bielsa is a top class manager even though the trophies or length of stints at clubs may not reflect this.

Who would have thought a Championship club even a few years ago- even a big one at this level like Leeds- would get him as a manager? Exclude obviously Benitez as he came down and stayed with Newcastle, but in terms of clubs at this level for some time...

Just found this about Afobe, if true pretty shitty by Wolves, I am not a great lover of their manager, I thought he was disrespectful and arrogant in both games against us last season and upset quite a few others as well.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/03/benik-afobe-hits-out-at-disrespectful-wolves-over-stoke-city-tra/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Bielsa is a top class manager even though the trophies or length of stints at clubs may not reflect this.

Who would have thought a Championship club even a few years ago- even a big one at this level like Leeds- would get him as a manager? Exclude obviously Benitez as he came down and stayed with Newcastle, but in terms of clubs at this level for some time...

I love Bielsa, his Bilbao and Chile sides were great to watch.

Good piece on him here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/04/leeds-united-marcelo-bielsa

22 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I love Bielsa, his Bilbao and Chile sides were great to watch.

Good piece on him here:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/04/leeds-united-marcelo-bielsa

I'll have a look at that later.

Would add Marseille to that list too...until they hit the wall after about 6 months.

@Esmond Million's Bung Very odd move that was. Afobe then sell on 10 days later. Thinking was the chance to turn a quick profit- both in a monetary and an FFP sense.

Looking at this weekend.

One game I know, but Stoke and WBA could have a problem this season.

Rowett is and has been quite a reactive manager tactically. Which is perfectly okay! However, Stoke will be expected to boss the ball by their club and fans...and opponents. They and particularly Rowett may find it an issue for a while.

WBA... Similar but magnified. WBA last season in their great revival at the back end of last season v a number of the big clubs...very limited footballing wise, and again now- Moore- who is inexperienced indeed- has had to do a 180 flip because again teams will offer a very different challenge. Big favourites often, can you now break them down?

Could be tougher than we think for those 2 sides..?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Brutal

So true. A high mid table finish for us this season would be a good achievement considering the comparable budgets and know how.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Just found this about Afobe, if true pretty shitty by Wolves, I am not a great lover of their manager, I thought he was disrespectful and arrogant in both games against us last season and upset quite a few others as well.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/03/benik-afobe-hits-out-at-disrespectful-wolves-over-stoke-city-tra/?utm_medium=share service&utm_campaign=social media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCdeadlineday

A midlands football writer on radio last night said Wolves had to buy Afobe as clause in the deal when he went there in loan (Committed to buy if they got promotion ) ( I’m sure we had same with Diony - at least we blew the relevance that clause to pieces :thumbsup:)

But they didn’t want him when it came to it so immediately offloaded him

Explains The ‘strange’ transfer

Archived