IGNORED

Ben Stokes

Kid in the Riot

4 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

This is turning out to be a very ugly and superb prosecution 

But is it the truth? The defence will state he was defending a gay couple.

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

But is it the truth? The defence will state he was defending a gay couple.

Will be an interesting defence for sure.

P.S to clear up my awful use of words I mean the prosecution has done a superb job of painting a picture of the night. Social media seems to have made it's mind up already from what I can see.

Strange isn't it. 

Defending gay guys (seems this came from The Sun) BBC ARTICLE

(The link in that bbc article, has now been removed from The Suns website and says 'unavailable for legal reasons, legally removed article'

Now today we're hearing that he mocked them (Although I believe this accusation has come from the bouncer and not the two gay blokes themselves)

7 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Strange isn't it. 

Defending gay guys (seems this came from The Sun) BBC ARTICLE

(The link in that bbc article, has now been removed from The Suns website and says 'unavailable for legal reasons, legally removed article'

Now today we're hearing that he mocked them (Although I believe this accusation has come from the bouncer and not the two gay blokes themselves)

Possibly because it would prejudice the trial? 

36 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Defending?, at what point does defence become assault.

Having decked one to pause and go back and attack a 2nd person doesn't look like defence to me.

Oh its fairly obvious he whacked people but who knows what happened other than that and lets not pretend that door men are angels in any sense of the word - I'm guessing we'll hear a completely different story from the defence. 

1 minute ago, Tomarse said:

Oh its fairly obvious he whacked people but who knows what happened other than that and lets not pretend that door men are angels in any sense of the word - I'm guessing we'll hear a completely different story from the defence. 

I'm sure we will, but I suppose it might all hinge on reasonable force.

It matters not what happened or who he was defending, can he show that the force he used was reasonable?

Me I have or no faith in the justice system in the UK, I am fully expecting him to get away with to be honest.

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Interesting about the supposed mocking of gay guys in the club given what was reported about him sticking up for some gay guys outside the club which is what lead to the fight.

I don't follow cricket so wasn't quite sure of the importance, but was told soon after this incident that the claim about defending gay guys was pure PR.

I know one of the other defendants who Stokes punched (well, his dad more so, who was down City on Saturday) and there is definitely a feeling the coverage got very one sided previously, making the cricketer out to be some kind of victim/hero in this - hopefully the prosecution case is a much needed reset button. 

Not sure what the position is for commenting on these things safely during a trial so won't do so (none of my business anyway), suffice to say the prosecution case about Stokes coming back at 2am is exactly what I was told already - all other people mentioned were in the bar with no issues until this bloke returned...

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Defending?, at what point does defence become assault.

Having decked one to pause and go back and attack a 2nd person doesn't look like defence to me.

This is what it hinges on and the footage of Stokes throwing head shots at a bloke who is walking backwards away from him down the road and throwing nothing back, until he eventually floors him, does not look like self-defence.

In fact both the victim and his mate appear to have their arms outstretched as if to say 'stop'. 

• Admin
14 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is what it hinges on and the footage of Stokes throwing head shots at a bloke who is walking backwards away from him down the road and throwing nothing back, until he eventually floors him, does not look like self-defence.

In fact both the victim and his mate appear to have their arms outstretched as if to say 'stop'. 

Very true, but wouldn't be the first person to confront someone then take a slapping off them, themselves

Took a big interest in this one purely because I work pretty much opposite Mbargos club, which is rather good on a Friday and Sunday night I must say.

Way it was being reported on the Clifton Triangle rumor wagon is that he was sticking up for 2 homosexual men who were being abused by some drunks.

Was very shocked to hear the prosecution alleging the complete opposite yesterday, but at the moment it's rumor v counter rumor with the doormen adding their 2 pence worth. Looking forward to seeing how this trial pans out. 

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Took a big interest in this one purely because I work pretty much opposite Mbargos club, which is rather good on a Friday and Sunday night I must say.

Way it was being reported on the Clifton Triangle rumor wagon is that he was sticking up for 2 homosexual men who were being abused by some drunks.

Was very shocked to hear the prosecution alleging the complete opposite yesterday, but at the moment it's rumor v counter rumor with the doormen adding their 2 pence worth. Looking forward to seeing how this trial pans out. 

@Undy English that was the version of events I heard to - told to me by a doorman of a venue nearby

Surely the easiest thing is to ask the blokes in question?

47 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Undy English that was the version of events I heard to - told to me by a doorman of a venue nearby

Same here Phantom, plus every bouncer in Clifton seems to know the ins and outs of it. Assuming the Crown Court will be questioning these knowledgeable eye witnesses ?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I'm sure the defence will want to cross examine the bouncers.  

3 hours ago, Undy English said:

And who has the better PR team with the most amount to spend!

Archived