IGNORED

Adelekun out

pillred

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

we really don't get much luck do we they reckon he's out for up to 14 weeks. Ankle injury picked up in pre season.

No we/LJ don’t. Tough luck here and the other lads too. Diedhiou as well for six games hurts, but that is the way it works, others need to step up. Fingers crossed right!

Basically out til the New Year, and these recovery predictions so often turn out to be over optimistic anyway.

I had a good feeling about Hakeeb and was really looking forward to seeing him play.

It's a big blow for the player and the club, and completely unnecessary - no more 'friendlies' with bloody Yeovil.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Basically out til the New Year, and these recovery predictions so often turn out to be over optimistic anyway.

I had a good feeling about Hakeeb and was really looking forward to seeing him play.

It's a big blow for the player and the club, and completely unnecessary - no more 'friendlies' with bloody Yeovil.

I don't think the word 'friendly' is the correct term to use anymore - pre season games perhaps is, and thus need to be more carefully planned and refereed.  

22 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I don't think the word 'friendly' is the correct term to use anymore - pre season games perhaps is, and thus need to be more carefully planned and refereed.  

We're always told these games are primarily for fitness, not the results, but we end up with a new signing hospitalised and out for 4 months through a 'horrible' tackle?

A couple of late/bad tackles from Bournemouth too.

Completely unacceptable way to approach such a game, and nothing to do with the ref. imo.

Thought some of Bournemouth’s challenges were a bit naughty considering it was a friendly. Have been reading about Yeovil’s shocking record of red cards and can’t help but feel that Hakeeb’s injury should have been avoidable. 

12 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

We're always told these games are primarily for fitness, not the results, but we end up with a new signing hospitalised and out for 4 months through a 'horrible' tackle?

A couple of late/bad tackles from Bournemouth too.

Completely unacceptable way to approach such a game, and nothing to do with the ref. imo.

Shrewsbury bruiser also put Fielding our for 3 months. 

Pisano cut 3 players in half that day as well though, so guess we dish it out a bit as well.

Archived