IGNORED

About 10 million pounds up

BCFCGav

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

We’re 10 mil up (give or take, not all details are released and some are estimates). Could well be about to become 15-16 million with Joe off. So two things:

Firstly; some great business done. To be in such profit and still have a squad of similar ability (imo) is excellent. 

Secondly; should we expect more signings? A LB seems logical, though I really rate Kelly, so maybe an older head who can just compete with Lloyd and help his development. Maybe spend ~2mill there. Maybe bank the rest for the future?

My estimate is before the Bryan deal we are about £5m up and that doesn’t include any signing on fees.

Don’t forget Flint was apparently £5m rising to £7m with clauses (we don’t know what they are), Swindon have got over £900k to take from a sell on, so at present we have cleared only just over £4m.

Reid was £9m with a further £1m due to a clause, if it is anything to do with them staying up I wouldn’t bank on it..

18 minutes ago, h hills left shoe said:

Thanks! I just wish Ashton gate  was owned by Bristol city football club and only them playing there!

The reason it’s kept as separate company’s is to avoid any worries of having to sell the ground in times of financial difficulty I’m led to believe. Every club does this. Bristol city F.C. employ Bristol sport to run all commercial aspects of the club . This leaves the club to concentrate on footballing matters alone. Bristol sport doesn’t own any of the clubs or the stadium.

as I see it . It’s basically like a boxer having a promoter. 

According to Companies House

Ashton Gate Limited? Person of Significant Control is Bristol City Holdings Limited

Bristol City Football Club Person of Significant Control is Bristol City Holdings Limited

The person with Significant Control when it comes to Bristol City Holdings Limited? SL.

Ergo, SL owns the ground ultimately surely?

2 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Should learn how to run a football club then. 

What more do you expect from Steve Lansdown? What else do you want him to do? How is he failing to run a football club? All decisions he has personally made can be debated, that’s fair enough....but how has he deserved your crass comment?

Going back to the first point in this thread, is anyone able to point me towards our financial performance over the last 3 years?

Just wondering that with sell on fees, player trading and developed and sold how that aspect of the club was working out.

With someone like Baldock moving to Reading for a fee that could potentially rise to 5mil

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16387296.albion-could-net-almost-5-million-from-sam-baldocks-move-to-reading/

And his signing for Brighton for 1.5mil (and I assume we had a sell on clause), we could well be picking up coins left right and centre.

17 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

According to Companies House

Ashton Gate Limited? Person of Significant Control is Bristol City Holdings Limited

Bristol City Football Club Person of Significant Control is Bristol City Holdings Limited

The person with Significant Control when it comes to Bristol City Holdings Limited? SL.

Ergo, SL owns the ground ultimately surely?

Yes he pretty much owns the club and the club owns the ground. Bristol sport are a services company that Bristol City use for commercial matters.

27 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Going back to the first point in this thread, is anyone able to point me towards our financial performance over the last 3 years?

Just wondering that with sell on fees, player trading and developed and sold how that aspect of the club was working out.

With someone like Baldock moving to Reading for a fee that could potentially rise to 5mil

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16387296.albion-could-net-almost-5-million-from-sam-baldocks-move-to-reading/

And his signing for Brighton for 1.5mil (and I assume we had a sell on clause), we could well be picking up coins left right and centre.

Short answer, we're on a strong path I think... However it's very rare that a club without parachute payments can break even at this level.

Major profits on transfers and wages well below the average as a % of turnover seem to be the main ways. Our wages to turnover in 16/17 was 98%, 99%- and it sounds bad!

However in fact by Championship standardsi it isn't quite that bad- think the average 102 pct!!

FFP wise however I'd say we're fairly comfortably compliant.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Hasn’t been owned by Bristol City FC for donkeys years. The formation of Bristol Sport changed nothing in that respect. An inconvenient truth for those who prefer to write their own narrative without bothering to check the facts.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ffs Bristol sport don’t own the stadium. They’re a management company basically that run all commercial aspects of the clubs . The ground is owned by Ashton gate holdings Ltd and has been for years. 

1 hour ago, h hills left shoe said:

Sorry mate but you are talking bollocks!Bristol city are owned by Bristol sport and they own the stadium 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Wrong

Is it that Bristol Holdings owns the ground and employs Ashton Sport to run commercial aspects for Bristol Bollocks, who allow Bristol Gate FC to use the pitch when the parky opens the gates, as long as the players take down the posts after the game?

18 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

It’s great that we have done some good business and have some money in the bank - but that money just sat there is going to shrink fast. It needs reinvesting quickly. 

SL will know this - he’s a money man. We won’t sit on it. 

Might use it to clear some debt though....

Generally, profits on transfers can definitely be used to reduce losses/operating losses that kinda thing.

When you have a wage bill as of 16/17 which was 98% of turnover then profits on transfers are rather necessary!

24 minutes ago, hantsred said:

If you want an idea of how complex our holding structure is you may want to take a look at this link...

https://thebristolcable.org/2016/05/panama-papers-bristol-city-f-c-rugby-club-and-flyers/

Surely the bottom line from that though is, summed up in a sentence:

'The club and ground are ultimately owned by SL'.

12 minutes ago, hantsred said:

and if you want a reality check as why we need to be a selling club generating surplus from player sales and not necessarily re-investing fully (referring back to the OP), this report gives a really good analysis of why. http://priceoffootball.com/tag/bristol-city/

That tells me that in Championship terms we're run alright.

4 hours ago, hantsred said:

and if you want a reality check as why we need to be a selling club generating surplus from player sales and not necessarily re-investing fully (referring back to the OP), this report gives a really good analysis of why. http://priceoffootball.com/tag/bristol-city/

Makes for really good reading. I hope that the Lansdown haters on this thread do have a good read of this, as it shows just how much he does put into the club, and also demonstrates how much we are growing and increasing in financial sustainability.

When I look back on it the position we are in now is remarkable, this club is on a real upward trajectory and I believe the combination of Lee, Mark and Steve is leading to the creation of a hugely sustainable and professional Championship club. 

If this progress continues, I think in a few years we will be viewed as one of the Championship "big guns" or we will have been promoted, one of the two. 

After hitting so many lows in our history I can't describe how grateful I am for what Lansdown has done for our club, we are truly blessed to have such a great owner. (Just look at what most clubs have got, especially the gas!)

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

The reason it’s kept as separate company’s is to avoid any worries of having to sell the ground in times of financial difficulty I’m led to believe. Every club does this. Bristol city F.C. employ Bristol sport to run all commercial aspects of the club . This leaves the club to concentrate on footballing matters alone. Bristol sport doesn’t own any of the clubs or the stadium.

as I see it . It’s basically like a boxer having a promoter. 

Exactly that.

It’s why office staff, whether they work solely for Bristol City or the rugby, are all on Bristol Sport contracts and some Ashton Gate Ltd.

Archived