Reid & Bryan

bengalcub

6 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

City boardroom this afternoon

Two clubs are interested in Joe Bryan lets start a bidding war

Ok

We accept both bids

Hmmmmmm

I thought this was very strange. Why not let them bid against each other? 

Bizarre. We are leaving g it up to Bryan himself. 

We could have pushed the price up a bit. 

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

How bloody boring and pointless that would be... Imagine having to watch City play England week in week out year after year.. Hmm, not for me, if no other teams exist I'd take up knitting or something instead. ;) 

if I remember my grandmother correctly it's in over under out which bizarrely has just occurred to me where airplane the movie came up up with the pilot sketch 

Both of them showed complete loyalty to the contracts they signed. They were seeing them out as the contracts say they should.

Nobody should be forced into signing a new contract if it might lower their chances of progressing their career and reducing their opportunities to get where they believe is a new and intriguing option that they want to take up.

I'd say more but the incredible volume of 'rubbish' reactions to your original post says quite a lot. 

22 minutes ago, Slack Bladder said:

City boardroom this afternoon

Two clubs are interested in Joe Bryan lets start a bidding war

Ok

We accept both bids

Hmmmmmm

Seems to be standard practice now. Set a price, then let the player choose the best personal teams on offer.

3 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Both jumped ship amd showed no loyalty to the club that gave them there careers , never begrudge a player moving when done correctly see flint , by refusing to sign your contracts you have cemented yourselves in the same bracket as kodjia and Freeman , can’t believe two players who lets face it at any other club would of been binned off ages ago could show such disrespect to the club and fans as they have .

bad mood? have trouble finding a parking spot?

Of course I knew My op would be rubbished loads and what ,  I stand by what I wrote , some shared there own opinions some trolled (spoons) some bang on about my past posts (parking).,. as that is easier than actually expressing an opinion , it’s a forum it sparked a debate and that’s the whole purpose isn’t it ?  

11 hours ago, bengalcub said:

Both jumped ship amd showed no loyalty to the club that gave them there careers , never begrudge a player moving when done correctly see flint , by refusing to sign your contracts you have cemented yourselves in the same bracket as kodjia and Freeman , can’t believe two players who lets face it at any other club would of been binned off ages ago could show such disrespect to the club and fans as they have .

City are making North of 15m on these two. One of whom has only ever had one good season. Take the money spend it well and bring players through. I would get used to these kind of scenarios as that is what we are about now.  

10 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Nowt wrong with that. If a few dinosaurs want to swap teeth with each other in a local park they still have that option, whereas grown adults who can act like civilised humans, even - god forbid - at a football match, can enjoy the atmosphere in the fan park. 

As for the blue, considering a team that plays in blue plays at the stadium I guess that's not exactly front page material. If you choose to somehow associate that with Bristol Rovers it's a bit odd. I wore a blue polo shirt to the match on Saturday, I guess it's lucky I didn't get bounced down a flight of stairs!

The poster was expecting a player in a game that has become increasingly gentrified and homogenised to display the same partisan values he does. 

Players display the same conservative values of the game. Club offers money to Club wanting money accept offer. More money there player goes there.

Loyalty? Mr Lansdown regularly now puts a players price tag in public. We want £££ he goes.

That's the game.

1 minute ago, BoneyardTIM said:

Legend, really? when Joe's on it, he's very good. The other 50% of the time, not so much

Homegrown talent.

Academy product.

Double Winner.

The goal against the Rovers in a rare competitive Bristol derby. 

The goal against Swindon and the importance it held in the run in that season.

The goal against Man United at a sold out Ashton Gate in the biggest game for 20 years.

City Legend.

5 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Homegrown talent.

Academy product.

Double Winner.

The goal against the Rovers in a rare competitive Bristol derby. 

The goal against Swindon and the importance it held in the run in that season.

The goal against Man United at a sold out Ashton Gate in the biggest game for 20 years.

City Legend.

Things like that leave me torn whether we should be proud our academy produced such a player, vs leaving us in the lurch 3 days before the window (I know, loan options that can be made perm in Jan etc) shuts.

I have no issue with Bobby even though he went to a rival because he went up a league, it was a good move for him and we got a fair price, however, £6m for Bryan feels like a kick in the balls, especially if he moves to a team in the same league who failed to make it despite practically financially crippling themselves. 

I understand he wants to progress but he's been linked with numerous Premier League clubs over the last few years, seeing him go to another Championship club feels like a proper kick in the nuts. 

The fact that other clubs want to buy players who are a product of our academy is surely a sign of how well we are progressing?

Personally I will applaud both Joe Bryan and Bobby Reid when/if they play against us (same for non academy Aden Flint) as they have been great players for us.

This idea that academy players should stay forever is simply naieve

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Things like that leave me torn whether we should be proud our academy produced such a player, vs leaving us in the lurch 3 days before the window (I know, loan options that can be made perm in Jan etc) shuts.

It works both ways. Bryan had a year left on his contract, so if it's a surprise to LJ and Ashton that Bryan wants out then any panic buys should be on them.

Hell, this place has been panicked over Bryan for months. If the club are behind what a bunch of fans with too much time on their hands then we've got a bigger problem than losing a first-team left-back. We've got a coach that is too naive to be trusted with player contracts, and a CEO that can't make deals to a deadline.

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You’re right - but I think I’ve only just got over losing Glyn Riley to The Shots....my second favourite City player ever, I was gutted. As my t-shirt slogan pronounces, “I’ll grow old but not up...” - so I’m still sulking!

Never rule out a late growth spurt.

Archived