IGNORED

Tonight's Championship games

reddogkev

Surprised to see there are 4 teams in action tonight, Boro v Sheff Utd & Forest v WBA; any idea why these teams have a Tuesday evening game in the first week?

Will Flint gift any presents to the Blades?

Forest v WBA should be a quality match to watch.  Which game is on the TV?

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

They both are

Will Boro v Sheff U be the first Red Button game tonight? I know Sky are showing *all* midweek games but I haven't seen anything about tonight so wasn't sure whether the game will be excluded as it's not a full fixture night.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

WBA in reasonable danger of P2 W0 D0 L2

Brother in law is a huge Baggies fan. He was absolutely distraught on Saturday night. I told him this division is unforgiving. WBA have been in the Prem too long. Normally, they were the yo-yo club so they knew how to win in the Championship.

He said they looked at a complete loss on Saturday - granted it's the first game of the season, but many would have had them thrashing Bolton. You are right though, Forest away is a nasty game for them to play. For them to lose opening 2 games, does not do them any good, especially with the transfer window still open, they could lose some more players before then

25 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Brother in law is a huge Baggies fan. He was absolutely distraught on Saturday night. I told him this division is unforgiving. WBA have been in the Prem too long. Normally, they were the yo-yo club so they knew how to win in the Championship.

He said they looked at a complete loss on Saturday - granted it's the first game of the season, but many would have had them thrashing Bolton. You are right though, Forest away is a nasty game for them to play. For them to lose opening 2 games, does not do them any good, especially with the transfer window still open, they could lose some more players before then

All true.  I guess you also have to say to him that it's a 46 game season not a 38 one.  Losing the first two is perhaps not as terminal as it may feel at the time.

Interesting though that after two rounds of games we, Forest, Bolton and West Brom  will almost have played a mini league.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

All true.  I guess you also have to say to him that it's a 46 game season not a 38 one.  Losing the first two is perhaps not as terminal as it may feel at the time.

Interesting though that after two rounds of games we, Forest, Bolton and West Brom  will almost have played a mini league.

I did notice that. I wonder if any other clubs have something similar.

The 46 game season I joked with him about because he gets more games for his money due to him having a season ticket again, but yes, it's sure to impact the players who are not used to the more crowded schedule of the championship, (plus cup matches depending on how far they get) - lots of Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday matches coming up - having to make use of their squad players and younger players too.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m on the Sky football channel and not main event (where I believe it doesn`t work) though - are you or do I need to be on something else?

Yeh you’re right- I was on Main Event

Works on HD Football as well, although flickered and looked like it wasn’t going to work at first 

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Glad it looks like it might not have been us making Forest look good. They look superb again here. That Algerian midfielder, the Portuguese, Osborn and others, real quality footballers.

You could tell on Saturday that they're going to be a force when they gel. I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as people made out, almost every one of their starting XI would be instantly into, or challenging to get into ours.

Archived