Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
reddogkev

Tonight's Championship games

Surprised to see there are 4 teams in action tonight, Boro v Sheff Utd & Forest v WBA; any idea why these teams have a Tuesday evening game in the first week?

Will Flint gift any presents to the Blades?

Forest v WBA should be a quality match to watch.  Which game is on the TV?

Boro v Sheffield United was moved to tonight from 2 weeks time because their following Saturday game was moved to Friday night and Tuesday was deemed to be too close.

The Forest game was moved because of a clash with the England-India test match at Trent Bridge and was then selected for Sky coverage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

They both are

Will Boro v Sheff U be the first Red Button game tonight? I know Sky are showing *all* midweek games but I haven't seen anything about tonight so wasn't sure whether the game will be excluded as it's not a full fixture night.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

WBA in reasonable danger of P2 W0 D0 L2

Brother in law is a huge Baggies fan. He was absolutely distraught on Saturday night. I told him this division is unforgiving. WBA have been in the Prem too long. Normally, they were the yo-yo club so they knew how to win in the Championship.

He said they looked at a complete loss on Saturday - granted it's the first game of the season, but many would have had them thrashing Bolton. You are right though, Forest away is a nasty game for them to play. For them to lose opening 2 games, does not do them any good, especially with the transfer window still open, they could lose some more players before then

25 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Brother in law is a huge Baggies fan. He was absolutely distraught on Saturday night. I told him this division is unforgiving. WBA have been in the Prem too long. Normally, they were the yo-yo club so they knew how to win in the Championship.

He said they looked at a complete loss on Saturday - granted it's the first game of the season, but many would have had them thrashing Bolton. You are right though, Forest away is a nasty game for them to play. For them to lose opening 2 games, does not do them any good, especially with the transfer window still open, they could lose some more players before then

All true.  I guess you also have to say to him that it's a 46 game season not a 38 one.  Losing the first two is perhaps not as terminal as it may feel at the time.

Interesting though that after two rounds of games we, Forest, Bolton and West Brom  will almost have played a mini league.

55 minutes ago, Gifford said:

I would have liked to see us play tonight to capitalise on early season optimism, warmer weather and school holidays. 

I wouldn't.... I am in Newcastle working today and then driving down to North London.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

All true.  I guess you also have to say to him that it's a 46 game season not a 38 one.  Losing the first two is perhaps not as terminal as it may feel at the time.

Interesting though that after two rounds of games we, Forest, Bolton and West Brom  will almost have played a mini league.

I did notice that. I wonder if any other clubs have something similar.

The 46 game season I joked with him about because he gets more games for his money due to him having a season ticket again, but yes, it's sure to impact the players who are not used to the more crowded schedule of the championship, (plus cup matches depending on how far they get) - lots of Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday matches coming up - having to make use of their squad players and younger players too.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Anyone else managed to get match choice working? I was going to watch Boro/Blades but just get `service currently not available, please try later`

Yes 

redbutton only works on the normal SD sky sports channel for me

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Yes 

redbutton only works on the normal SD sky sports channel for me

I`m on the Sky football channel and not main event (where I believe it doesn`t work) though - are you or do I need to be on something else?

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m on the Sky football channel and not main event (where I believe it doesn`t work) though - are you or do I need to be on something else?

Yeh you’re right- I was on Main Event

Works on HD Football as well, although flickered and looked like it wasn’t going to work at first 

Edited by Rossi the Robin

3 minutes ago, Unan said:

Flint scores for Boro

He’s just a head it and thump it merchant though isn’t he? How did he manage that?! 😂

• Haha 1

Glad it looks like it might not have been us making Forest look good. They look superb again here. That Algerian midfielder, the Portuguese, Osborn and others, real quality footballers.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Glad it looks like it might not have been us making Forest look good. They look superb again here. That Algerian midfielder, the Portuguese, Osborn and others, real quality footballers.

You could tell on Saturday that they're going to be a force when they gel. I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as people made out, almost every one of their starting XI would be instantly into, or challenging to get into ours.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

He’s just a head it and thump it merchant though isn’t he? How did he manage that?! 😂

Think he got up with his HEAD and THUMPED INTO THE NET.  Len 

Must have been an accident

;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, city123456 said:

Sheffield United looking woeful. 3-0 Down in 25 minutes.  Especially after they threw it away against Swansea on Sunday as well.

Yet they will go and stuff somebody 3-0 themselves Saturday

Crazy Division 

Dean Henderson has let in 5 so far in two hours of Championship football.

No Niki Maenpaa, is he? 😀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think he got up with his HEAD and THUMPED INTO THE NET.  Len 

Must have been an accident

;)

Of course. Silly me! As you were then. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

This might sound stupid but i’m a bit of a thick old fogie but i’m watching the Forest game on Virgin (channel 511) how do I watch the Boro’ game?

1 minute ago, harrys said:

This might sound stupid but i’m a bit of a thick old fogie but i’m watching the Forest game on Virgin (channel 511) how do I watch the Boro’ game?

Have you got a red button Harry

if so hit that

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Money for nothing and total piss shit on the waste

Are subtitles available on Ceefax?

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

Go to 513 and hit red

Can only surmise that Tommy is trying to say in his unique way, that he thinks the Championship is very close and unpredictable because deep down for him there isn't a lot of quality but there is a lot of mediocrity in his view.

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Dean Henderson has let in 5 so far in two hours of Championship football.

No Niki Maenpaa, is he? 😀

Said earlier today Graham

Think we may have dodged a bullet on him

I didn’t quite get the hype over him tbh

He’s  ok but not as good as many in Championship , lacks presence for me

You Can now betbthat he will displace De Gea In 18 months and turn out to be England’s No 1 for next 12 years !

Talking about tonight’s games - Always think Osborne is understated for Forest - Would do us ok

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have you got a red button Harry

if so hit that

I’m pressing the red button Bob and it comes up as “no interactive events on this channel”

1 minute ago, harrys said:

513, cheers lads

Cracked it ?

Guess someone pointed out its £9.99 for each additional game you view , mind

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You could tell on Saturday that they're going to be a force when they gel. I don't think we were anywhere near as bad as people made out, almost every one of their starting XI would be instantly into, or challenging to get into ours.

Yeah, I thought we did well against a top side but good to see them carry on knocking it about the same way against a team of ex prem players. WBA seem to be sticking more with their Pulis DNA of boring football. Will enjoy watching Forest this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Cracked it ?

I can’t get used to this modern technology, I still miss putting a shilling in the Redifusion box

• Haha 2