Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

phantom

Worrying times..... HELP!

Just got home from work and I see an estate agent showing a young family around the property next door that is for sale. Young lad and mum walking down the drive, then the next thing a chap in a Rovers shirts walks out of the front door... 

I've gone into full panic mode now! 

What should I do? 

Blast out wurzels songs? 

Put a city flag in the window? 

Leave him to move in as it will be years of piss taking ahead? 

Teaching the cat ninja moves as we speak just in case they have pets 

• Haha 3

I've lived next door to a family of rovers fans for 13 years now.

It's amazing,  just reminding them daily how bad/ tinpot they are!

Today's joke was about the £200k they've lost out to Coventry. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just got home from work and I see an estate agent showing a young family around the property next door that is for sale. Young lad and mum walking down the drive, then the next thing a chap in a Rovers shirts walks out of the front door... 

What should I do? 

Blast out wurzels songs? 

I fear similar, but if it happens I can't complain as the Doris stuck up one of those 'refugees welcome' stickers in a show of solidarity with migrants seeking a better life.

• Haha 1

What you could do if they do move in is to do your best to ensure the young lad sees the light and isn`t dragged into a lifetime of misery by getting him to come to AG. 

It`s for the best and will ensure a bright future for the boy.

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

What should I do? 

Blast out wurzels songs? 

Run the ****** over 

I once moved home in Abingdon only to find that my new neighbours were rovers fans, this is in Oxfordshire where the chances of bumping into someone from Bristol are quite small. Needless to say I wasn't best pleased to hear their shouts of delight when they stole promotion on the last game three years ago.

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

What should I do? 

Blast out wurzels songs? 

Or just talk football to him. He won’t bother you again 

• Haha 1

You will have to get together with fellow neighbours and offer them a few grand not to take up residence. It is the only way, I'm afraid. I've heard that this family make quite a good living from this ploy. Indeed, it is estimated that they've made twice as much from wearing a Rovers shirt than anyone has before in history.

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

What should I do? 

Blast out wurzels songs? 

Biggest worry with Gasheads is they'll try to steal your house. I doubt they'll actually be buying next door - renting probably, then based on their history there will be an "accidental fire" and they'll ask to be put up in yours "for a few days" and they'll show you plans for a brand new house they're going to build and a watertight contract offer of finance ..... Possibly from a Jordanian bank. Next thing you'll come home and find they've changed the locks and some strange bloke is in your lounge Walking off your dog!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, phantom said:

What should I do? 

Blast out wurzels songs? 

You don't live in Henbury do you :laugh:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Abingdon Red said:

I once moved home in Abingdon only to find that my new neighbours were rovers fans, this is in Oxfordshire where the chances of bumping into someone from Bristol are quite small. Needless to say I wasn't best pleased to hear their shouts of delight when they stole promotion on the last game three years ago.

Either they shouted really loud or you have the hearing of a bat. I cannot believe that the loyal and true would not have been at the match.

54 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I fear similar, but if it happens I can't complain as the Doris stuck up one of those 'refugees welcome' stickers in a show of solidarity with migrants seeking a better life.

Wally has to live somewhere

First, tell them you’re a billionaire banker. Then put a £50 tent and a couple of plastic chairs in your garden then start playing football. 

• Haha 1

The good news is another family have been since, just the moment I was going to the shop, went out of my way to make them feel welcome 

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

First, tell them you’re a billionaire banker. Then put a £50 tent and a couple of plastic chairs in your garden then start playing football. 

Even better, tell them your going to buy plastic chairs and a tent, then tell them the delivery is late with no intention of buying them in the first place:-)

• Haha 1

I would cut the grass, bollock naked with a flower sticking out of my arse while drink up thee cyder blares out of the window.  If they come around for another viewing, ask if they want to build an extension and then laugh your gonads off! Borrrow a friends extremely loud motorbike and park it on the driveway (I kid you not, my neighbour has 2 harleys and they were asked not to have them on their driveway during viewings when the house the other side of them was up for sale). 

Finally, if a methane snorter moves in next door, move! 

Sorted!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

What should I do? 

Blast out wurzels songs? 

Take round a bunch of lilys and say, "I'm sorry to hear about your loss."

3 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

stereo on full blast, hoover the lawn, anything to show you're a nutter, make a crude pass at the wife

Woah, woah, woah.... play the music etc, but leave his sister out of this!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phantom said:

What should I do? 

Blast out wurzels songs? 

I run a business in Bristol and 2 summers ago interviewed a few school leavers with a view to an apprenticeship. 

After breaking the news to the successful lad he turnt up for work on his first day with a Rovers shirt on!!

I nearly dropped dead, the rest of the lads said my face was a picture. 

Needless to say he has never worn it since. 😄

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phantom said:

What should I do? 

Blast out wurzels songs? 

All of the above, perhaps a sticker or two on their house as well :ph34r:

I had to gently remind my friend the other day, when she posted a picture of her son in a g*s shirt (her other half is a sag) that she should remove it at once or he was going to get a rash! 

10 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I had to gently remind my friend the other day, when she posted a picture of her son in a g*s shirt (her other half is a sag) that she should remove it at once or he was going to get a rash! 

A rash what?