IGNORED

QPR tickets and travel (Merged)

MurrayLives

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Gold are central. Silver are out on the edges. 

Assuming it's upper tier, neither gold nor silver afford a view of the touchline and barely of the goalline.

I can think of more appropriate names for it than gold or silver. £34 (plus booking) is daylight robbery.

5 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Top Tier rubbish = don't bother. Why they insist on putting folk up there is beyond me. I've not been to QPR for years because of it.

Was going to go to this one - what’s the issue with the top tier ? I’d always assumed it’d have a great view etc .. 

3 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Was going to go to this one - what’s the issue with the top tier ? I’d always assumed it’d have a great view etc .. 

It’s terrible mate. Can’t see the goal below and is ridiculously cramped unless you are under 5ft 3. And I can’t believe they get a safety certificate for the the concourse and exits! 

59 minutes ago, lenred said:

It’s terrible mate. Can’t see the goal below and is ridiculously cramped unless you are under 5ft 3. And I can’t believe they get a safety certificate for the the concourse and exits! 

Hmmm - Not sure the wife will let me take the kids with that review !!

cheers for sharing 

3 hours ago, Brann-red said:

See @Spoons photo. It's such a shambles of the ground.

1. You get lined up along the pavement outside the ground (at least on the opposite side of the stand to the main entrance) and glared at by coppers as some primitive form of crowd control, despite there being no one ahead of you.

2. You get routed up some rickety old stairs to the upper tier.

3. The concourse for the upper tier is a long corridor that is about as wide as a toilet cubicle and decorated similarly. It's also the only place to stand to have a beer or one of the three pasties they have left, so all a bit of a crush.

4. Should you desire to sit in "your" seat, you have to go to each of the individual staircases along this corridor, to work out where your block is.

5. To ensure organised chaos, the stewards play a game of alternately enforcing and not enforcing seat numbers - which seems to involve letting everyone sit where they want until about 15 minutes before kick off, then insisting people who turn up before kick off go to their block, despite having filled it up earlier. It results in about 15 minutes of wandering back and forth in the corridor and being told to go away repeatedly by stewards.

6. Eventually you end up in some random seat in some random block, probably with a restricted view or a pillar in your way, as per Spoons photo.

7. The stand is only about 5 blocks deep, it's a tiny stand with everyone spread to its full width, so no one can hear each other and atmosphere is awful.

8. The seats have enough legroom for a 3-year old, and in all cases no actual view of the touchline or the goalline, unless you're in the front row and suspend yourself over the edge of the stand.

9. As of last season, a weird bloke with a Lebanese flag and a Mexican hat on, sits directly to your left and plays a banjo and generally embarrasses everyone.

10. We never win.

58 minutes ago, Olé said:

1. You get lined up along the pavement outside the ground (at least on the opposite side of the stand to the main entrance) and glared at by coppers as some primitive form of crowd control, despite there being no one ahead of you.

3. The concourse for the upper tier is a long corridor that is about as wide as a toilet cubicle and decorated similarly. It's also the only place to stand to have a beer or one of the three pasties they have left, so all a bit of a crush.

4. Should you desire to sit in "your" seat, you have to go to each of the individual staircases along this corridor, to work out where your block is.

5. To ensure organised chaos, the stewards play a game of alternately enforcing and not enforcing seat numbers - which seems to involve letting everyone sit where they want until about 15 minutes before kick off, then insisting people who turn up before kick off go to their block, despite having filled it up earlier. It results in about 15 minutes of wandering back and forth in the corridor and being told to go away repeatedly by stewards.

6. Eventually you end up in some random seat in some random block, probably with a restricted view or a pillar in your way, as per Spoons photo.

7. The stand is only about 5 blocks deep, it's a tiny stand with everyone spread to its full width, so no one can hear each other and atmosphere is awful.

8. The seats have enough legroom for a 3-year old, and in all cases no actual view of the touchline or the goalline, unless you're in the front row and suspend yourself over the edge of the stand.

9. As of last season, a weird bloke with a Lebanese flag and a Mexican hat on, sits directly to your left and plays a banjo and generally embarrasses everyone.

10. We never win.

Thanks - but I always need at least 11 good reasons not to go . ... anymore !?!? 

12 hours ago, Selred said:

Been the last two seasons, but can’t justify the cost this year with holidays too.

£32 for no leg room and a crap view.

No need for leg room at an away game, most clubs all stand up and it's a shame we don't really. When we do it makes for a much better atmosphere.

On 08/08/2018 at 21:29, Olé said:

10. We never win.

One of my least favourite grounds of all time. A dump.

Tickets on General sale from 10:00am monday morning

600 tickets left

If your using the trains,

return leg

is the long way round via newbury and westbury

22:15pm and 23:30pm paddington to BTM calls reading and Bath only

if your quick out  of the ground,a  good chance to get the 22:15pm service

22:45pm paddington to bristol parkway calls reading only

4 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Tickets on General sale from 10:00am monday morning

600 tickets left

If your using the trains,

return leg

is the long way round via newbury and westbury

22:15pm and 23:30pm paddington to BTM calls reading and Bath only

if your quick out  of the ground,a  good chance to get the 22:15pm service

22:45pm paddington to bristol parkway calls reading only

How many tickets were we given?

On 08/08/2018 at 22:27, Brann-red said:

Thanks - but I always need at least 11 good reasons not to go . ... anymore !?!? 

@Olé forgot about Shepherd's Bush tube station that is so depressing that you consider jumping in front of trains to brighten up your day.

The only reason you don't is because you know the neanderthal police officers standing in the way will just film you and put it on YouTube for their gratification.

The away mid week followings will suffer with the the red button option.

I can see lots of supporters,

buying their tickets in advance,

and then at the last moment

not bothering to travel.

So if you have any spare tickets,make sure you take them with you to the game/s.

Don't want QPR/other teams getting any more money than they deserve

Archived