IGNORED

QPR tickets and travel (Merged)

MurrayLives

On 08/08/2018 at 21:29, Olé said:

See @Spoons photo. It's such a shambles of the ground.

1. You get lined up along the pavement outside the ground (at least on the opposite side of the stand to the main entrance) and glared at by coppers as some primitive form of crowd control, despite there being no one ahead of you.

2. You get routed up some rickety old stairs to the upper tier.

3. The concourse for the upper tier is a long corridor that is about as wide as a toilet cubicle and decorated similarly. It's also the only place to stand to have a beer or one of the three pasties they have left, so all a bit of a crush.

4. Should you desire to sit in "your" seat, you have to go to each of the individual staircases along this corridor, to work out where your block is.

5. To ensure organised chaos, the stewards play a game of alternately enforcing and not enforcing seat numbers - which seems to involve letting everyone sit where they want until about 15 minutes before kick off, then insisting people who turn up before kick off go to their block, despite having filled it up earlier. It results in about 15 minutes of wandering back and forth in the corridor and being told to go away repeatedly by stewards.

6. Eventually you end up in some random seat in some random block, probably with a restricted view or a pillar in your way, as per Spoons photo.

7. The stand is only about 5 blocks deep, it's a tiny stand with everyone spread to its full width, so no one can hear each other and atmosphere is awful.

8. The seats have enough legroom for a 3-year old, and in all cases no actual view of the touchline or the goalline, unless you're in the front row and suspend yourself over the edge of the stand.

9. As of last season, a weird bloke with a Lebanese flag and a Mexican hat on, sits directly to your left and plays a banjo and generally embarrasses everyone.

10. We never win.

Think it is a Moroccan flag? He is still very strange though. 

Absolute dump of a ground.

On 08/08/2018 at 18:09, lenred said:

It’s terrible mate. Can’t see the goal below and is ridiculously cramped unless you are under 5ft 3. And I can’t believe they get a safety certificate for the the concourse and exits! 

This is so true, I remember going in early 2000's. We lost 1-0 to a Kevin Gallen penalty. I was in the top tier and relied on the home fans reaction to tell if the ball had gone in - my view was cut pretty much in line with the penalty spot. 

Went again when we got spanked 3-0. A certain Patrick Agyemang played a blinder against us, not that I could really tell, my seat was directly behind a big pillar (about 4 seats wide). 

Luckily I was in the bottom tier to see that pretty special Maynard goal.

Shambles of a stadium. 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

The away mid week followings will suffer with the the red button option.

I can see lots of supporters,

buying their tickets in advance,

and then at the last moment

not bothering to travel.

So if you have any spare tickets,make sure you take them with you to the game/s.

Don't want QPR/other teams getting any more money than they deserve

Considering the ticket requires a remortgage on your home and the sale of a kidney to purchase in the first place, I think people will be keen to go if they have forked out for it.

On 08/08/2018 at 18:05, Brann-red said:

Was going to go to this one - what’s the issue with the top tier ? I’d always assumed it’d have a great view etc .. 

Its great if you don't want to see the touchline. Is it a corner or a goal kick, I'll have to guess.

It's fantastic if you quite like dislocating a knee on the seat in front of you.

In my view the concourse is so compact and cosy that you can have multiple conversations with strangers, very romantic.

If you're lucky enough to have a silver ticket the chances are that the view of the City winner will be ubstructed, but by not actually seeing it, just adds to the overall experience.

So for all of that excitement, that's why they charge you premium rates for the privilege.

13 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

The away mid week followings will suffer with the the red button option.

I can see lots of supporters,

buying their tickets in advance,

and then at the last moment

not bothering to travel.

So if you have any spare tickets,make sure you take them with you to the game/s.

Don't want QPR/other teams getting any more money than they deserve

Surely they just won’t buy a ticket full stop. Why waste your money if you don’t want to go? 

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Aren’t away tickets capped at £30 now in the Prem..?

Yes your right should be the same in championship thirty nine quid at sheff weds last year and thirty two at Bolton they make you climb so many steps you need breathing apparatus :laugh: that's the con at Bolton six pound dearer to be seated upstairs

37 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yes your right should be the same in championship thirty nine quid at sheff weds last year and thirty two at Bolton they make you climb so many steps you need breathing apparatus :laugh: that's the con at Bolton six pound dearer to be seated upstairs

Yes it should be, but championship clubs don’t get the same financial payouts that premier league clubs get. 

I fully agree that away prices should be capped and fixed by division. No fans should have to pay more to follow their team away than another set of fans for a fixture on a different day. It’s nonsense!

Let Home clubs set their own prices as they see fit, in relation to their needs and facilities offered, but away tickets should be fixed across the board. £30/35 Prem. £25 Champ, £20/15 L1 & £15/10 L2. 

Same for every club & every fixture. 

Archived