IGNORED

Jay Dasilva Signed - NOW CONFIRMED

Shuffle

20 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Gotta give respect to the fact he has an opinion, and is not afraid to go on local radio to air it!

He, and the guy called Mark, both seem to speak very eloquently, with passion and common sense, in the main.

Just my honest opinion.

COYR.

Alright, Ian?

45 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

Gotta give respect to the fact he has an opinion, and is not afraid to go on local radio to air it!

He, and the guy called Mark, both seem to speak very eloquently, with passion and common sense, in the main.

Just my honest opinion.

COYR.

Na

7 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

Just my honest opinion.

COYR.

Agreed, a few keyboard warriors on here seem to have a problem with him

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

Agreed, a few keyboard warriors on here seem to have a problem with him

I think one reason he rubs people up the wrong way is because the way he talks about the club is as if he’s speaking on behalf of all City fans like some sort of self appointed spokesman.

I’ve seen his posts on Twitter and he also talks like someone who receives a great deal of inside information and knows better than everyone else when actually he doesn’t.

He also always tweets players/managers/lansdown directly to ask questions as if they’d actually answer him (they don’t) but claims he gets replies!

I don’t know him personally, but I can see why people find him a bit irritating.

I think it says more about Radio Bristol allowing a couple of voices to represent City fans views every week in the post-match phone-in as a ‘safe option’ rather than airing a wider cross-section of fans. Its much easier to manage and if it irritates it’s more likely to provoke other fans to phone in.

As someone who occasionally does likewise on local radio personally I enjoy nothing more than someone coming on with a differing/opposite view as I enjoy a good argument. Why else would I be on OTIB ?

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think one reason he rubs people up the wrong way is because the way he talks about the club is as if he’s speaking on behalf of all City fans like some sort of self appointed spokesman.

I’ve seen his posts on Twitter and he also talks like someone who receives a great deal of inside information and knows better than everyone else when actually he doesn’t.

He also always tweets players/managers/lansdown directly to ask questions as if they’d actually answer him (they don’t) but claims he gets replies!

I don’t know him personally, but I can see why people find him a bit irritating.

I don’t know anything about twitter and not sure I read this forum when he used to post on here but he seems decent enough on Radio Bristol, maybe him and Mark are on there so often because nobody else rings in?

2 minutes ago, harrys said:

I don’t know anything about twitter and not sure I read this forum when he used to post on here but he seems decent enough on Radio Bristol, maybe him and Mark are on there so often because nobody else rings in?

I'd be pretty certain that either they ring him, and Mark and our own NTTDS at away matches, or there's an arrangement to expect calls from them. It makes the whole show more manageable, and safe...if you're Geoff you know what you are getting, confident speakers who can be relied upon not to swear and curse or leave awkward silences. Let's face it, for all his good work, Geoff's post-match show is formulaic in the extreme...right down to the obscure local manager who always seems to be interviewed at length whenever I get back to my car! Roman Glass St George last week. A proper phone-in - like Radio Sheffield's 'Praise or Grumble' is far more lively, a much better listen...and far more difficult to host and produce. And seems to be beyond Radio Bristol.

10 minutes ago, harrys said:

Could start an argument in an empty room.

Going through the whole of the first page to make his opinion heard on every topic, whilst arguing that his opinion was the only one that mattered and that everybody else was wrong.

I'm sure he's a nice bloke once you get to know him, but came across as a complete wum on here.

15 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Put it this way, OTIB would be a lot busier if he was still on here.

He used to be the main thread starter, with numerous every day, and would comment on just about every other thread.

OTIB has grown year on year for the last 6 years traffic and posting wise.  He left 6 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm puzzled. Why do we need to loan in a young left back when we have an England under 20 international who is clearly ready for progression from our Academy?

We're getting a left back because we're just about to sell a left back. Lloyd Kelly may well be ready for the first team, but probably not a 46 game season. 

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm puzzled. Why do we need to loan in a young left back when we have an England under 20 international who is clearly ready for progression from our Academy?

Maybe we’re also considering 3-5-2 again. 

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

We can’t get by with just one player in a position for 50+ games. Da Silva is more experienced and it takes the pressure off. Kelly if he has something about him will be challenging him for a place. 

Charlton colleague at work said they were half hoping to take him back on loan again. Rates him very highly. Said he's quick, skilful, bags of energy and can cross. Not sure whether he'll chip in with any goals though.

Sobering chatting to colleague about how badly they've been treated by their wretched Belgian owners. 

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Kelly is more of a centre back and in the future thats where he will play also we only have 1 left back wen joe leaves

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I think not, he's not tall enough and has too much flair to be wasted as an enforcer (largely, no offence to footballing centre backs).

well our head coach and other coaches disagree, and he's 5ft 10 that's not small, been plently of Centre backs that height 

58 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

OTIB has grown year on year for the last 6 years traffic and posting wise.  He left 6 years ago. 

Good to hear, but it would be markedly busier still if he was still posting.

Didn't he continue to be amongst the highest all time posters for years after he left?

8 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I think not, he's not tall enough and has too much flair to be wasted as an enforcer (largely, no offence to footballing centre backs).

Have we been watching the same player? I think Kelly’s going to be a great defender but the last thing I’d call him is a flair player. He’s also over 6ft and plays centre back for England. Da Silva is a proper left back.

Archived