IGNORED

Jay Dasilva Signed - NOW CONFIRMED

Shuffle

28 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Charlton colleague at work said they were half hoping to take him back on loan again. Rates him very highly. Said he's quick, skilful, bags of energy and can cross. Not sure whether he'll chip in with any goals though.

Sobering chatting to colleague about how badly they've been treated by their wretched Belgian owners. 

My Charlton supporting made said similar "bit small, but fast and extremely talented".

23 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I didn't call him a "flair player", and he's 5' 10".

I’m sure he’s not 5’10” that must be an old stat from when he was younger, I’m 6ft and I’m sure he’s taller than me. When you said he’s got too much flair I just took it to mean flair player but no worries either way ??

• Admin
39 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I think not, he's not tall enough and has too much flair to be wasted as an enforcer (largely, no offence to footballing centre backs).

30 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

My opinion and I'm sticking to it, thanks.

28 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I didn't call him a "flair player", and he's 5' 10".

You have presumably believed the internet that Kelly is 5’10?

Do you therefore believe the internet that Zak Vyner is 6’2?

Your opinion may be that Kelly is 5’10 but your opinion is wrong.

76187022-6E3E-47AB-A57D-908222E7D46F.jpeg

51 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm puzzled. Why do we need to loan in a young left back when we have an England under 20 international who is clearly ready for progression from our Academy?

The Youtube video is great. Dasilva looks a real prospect. Lovely close ball control, pace and vision. To easy to get wrapped up in YouTube video but the lad has something.

I reckon that LJ must think that Kelly isn't ready. Personally I've been impressed by Kelly and I'm perplexed about over protecting younger players. If you are good enough then you are old enough in my book. I do think that we are over-protecting some of the academy chaps.

56 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm puzzled. Why do we need to loan in a young left back when we have an England under 20 international who is clearly ready for progression from our Academy?

Because he's better than what we have?

Kelly may have all the promise in the world, whether it be LB or CB, but throwing him in to replace Bryan, whilst having no decent backup for him, is playing a dangerous game.

Many were moaning at our lack of backup over the past couple of years, but many seem to be happy to throw two youngsters straight in (along with Pring) - and have no backup!! 

Forget about playing Pisano there, it was nearly the end of the world when Wright was moved to RB last season to cover him!!

Fact is, 9/10 these Chelsea kids are bloody good. As others have said, other ex pros glow about him, and they should know a thing or two about decent players.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Kelly is definitely in the 6’3 range. Can’t really tell who is taller between him and Baker

It isn't until you stand next to these guys that you realise how big (both in height and in muscular tone) they really are.

Mind you, i grew up watching City from the top of the Dolmon, they all looked small to me (except Lorenzo Pinamonte)

Archived