IGNORED

Wow!

downendcity

Spurs have incorporated a glass sided Tunnel Club, where you get direct views of the players lining up to come out. The Gas have stands where you can look directly into the changing room. Spurs have a Cheese Room Club, environmental perfection to enjoy the Comte or Reblochon of choice in premium condition. The Gas have a bar where last week's cheese and onion rolls are beginning to turn on the high side. Spurs have a Cigar Club, walk in humidor and smoke extraction system that defies the laws of physics. Doubtless The Gas will look to match that given their history of smoking stadia....

41 minutes ago, bris red said:

I worked on it for 3 months, absolute shambless of a job.

Will be decent when it’s finished though, WHEN being the key word...!

I heard that from someone working at Buro Happold so many problems. Still not totally sure it will be ready for liverpool in september

50 minutes ago, Super said:

I heard that from someone working at Buro Happold so many problems. Still not totally sure it will be ready for liverpool in september

M planning on watching the nfl there in October, and they’ve already sent out an email stating they reserve the right to switch the game to Wembley. I can’t see it being ready for a very long time

15 minutes ago, Redsox said:

Another beautiful library.... shouldn't be long now before all premier grounds look the same. 

Given that it's got to meet certain basic criteria (lots of seats facing the pitch etc ?) I think they've put a bit of variety into that one. Certainly not the dreaded bowl design of the 90s (Boro, Stoke, Sunderland) - it'll be in the hands of the Spurs fans to make a decent atmosphere. Prove a point to Arsenal that it can be done in a new stadium.

Very impressive, especially like the massive single tiered stand behind the goal.

I do have one criticism (and it's mainly down to my personal preference) but when the video is being taken from the bottom tier and it looks up at the other tiers behind him, you cannot see the upper tiers at all, and I personally think that creates a separation of fans throughout the stadium. I remember attending the Millennium stadium with City and I sat in the middle tier - I felt really separated from our other fans. From a distance it looks great, but when you're in there, you do feel isolated.

I much prefer huge single tiers so that fans are all together en masse, and I really hope we do something similar with the Atyeo "if" we ever reach the promised land and require a massive capacity upgrade.

38 minutes ago, Redsox said:

Another beautiful library.... shouldn't be long now before all premier grounds look the same. 

Spurs fans were deafening at White Hart Lane and with that amazing ‘home end’ behind the goal in the new stadium it will be anything but a library....I was at White Hart Lane in the dim and distant when Spurs beat Man Utd 3-1 - the noise was immense and they gave Beckham non stop deafening abuse with very witty and original songs to the point where he reacted to the crowd and was immediately hauled off and subbed by Fergie, I was sat behind the Man Utd bench and Fergie gave him a right bollocking for being unprofessional.

Fergie really was a top manager who left no player in any doubt who was the boss...I hope he continues his recovery well. But back on point, a Spurs ground will never be a library.....ever since a certain 9-0 triumph over our Horfield cousins I’ve had a major league soft stop for Tottenham Hotspur....i’ve been to many games and their fans are just superb in terms of backing their team....and having been to the North London derby a few times it’s obvious that Arsenal fans are sh*t scared of their counterparts too....

2 hours ago, Super said:

Speaking purely from an Electrical standpoint id be shocked if it was ready for Liverpool. They are pushing hard with the site open 24hrs a day and contractors are paying sparks over £400 a day in some cases but the main contractor ‘Mace’ really are clueless.. i think it will be more like November it opens personally.

Archived