IGNORED

Wow!

downendcity

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course it will work. These guys know what they’re doing....

Here's their PA system being tested under match conditions.

pa.jpg.253ca404efcb5ac42eb0a435451548a7.jpg

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Spurs fans were deafening at White Hart Lane and with that amazing ‘home end’ behind the goal in the new stadium it will be anything but a library....I was at White Hart Lane in the dim and distant when Spurs beat Man Utd 3-1 - the noise was immense and they gave Beckham non stop deafening abuse with very witty and original songs to the point where he reacted to the crowd and was immediately hauled off and subbed by Fergie, I was sat behind the Man Utd bench and Fergie gave him a right bollocking for being unprofessional.

Fergie really was a top manager who left no player in any doubt who was the boss...I hope he continues his recovery well. But back on point, a Spurs ground will never be a library.....ever since a certain 9-0 triumph over our Horfield cousins I’ve had a major league soft stop for Tottenham Hotspur....i’ve been to many games and their fans are just superb in terms of backing their team....and having been to the North London derby a few times it’s obvious that Arsenal fans are sh*t scared of their counterparts too....

West Ham fans were pretty loud at Upton Park. All you hear now is how rubbish the new place is, for atmosphere. 

Is it right that season tickets in that new “kop” are over £800 each..? If so, it will be full of middle class clappers. 

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Prefer the Old White Hart Lane personally

Agreed....I also preferred Highbury to the Emirates.....as do I prefer Ashton Gate to the Ashton Vale Proposal that never was. But I'm just stuck in the past I guess....

11 minutes ago, City Cat said:

Agreed....I also preferred Highbury to the Emirates.....as do I prefer Ashton Gate to the Ashton Vale Proposal that never was. But I'm just stuck in the past I guess....

Shame that the retro, classic designs of the past are consigned to the dustbin of history. Saying, that, in 50 years, we'll all be saying how much we preferred the Etihad to the Qatar Stadium.

I've got a bit of a thing for Spurs (ever since the 9-0 demolition of some pub side years ago) and used to go to WHL 3 or 4 times a season. I drove past the new WHL a couple of weeks ago and it looks absolutely stunning although I can't see it being remotely ready in a month.

I look forward to going there at some point, it looks awesome. 

They've installed 'safe seating' in the Kop - it's essentially safe standing but the seat isn't folded up, and each seat has a barrier. 

What a unique way to get round the standing issues!! 

Like we found with Section 82, it's not illegal to stand, it's just illegal not to provide a seat!!

Im sure we'll see others follow suit. 

7 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

West Ham fans were pretty loud at Upton Park. All you hear now is how rubbish the new place is, for atmosphere. 

Is it right that season tickets in that new “kop” are over £800 each..? If so, it will be full of middle class clappers. 

Do i understand this right? Being middle class makes you a clapper?

Are you surmising that only working class (or similar) are what you would call proper fans?  As only working class (or similar)  are capable of making an atmosphere and are the only ones who have a right to support their chosen team? 

11 hours ago, Xiled said:

Given that it's got to meet certain basic criteria (lots of seats facing the pitch etc ?) I think they've put a bit of variety into that one. Certainly not the dreaded bowl design of the 90s (Boro, Stoke, Sunderland) - it'll be in the hands of the Spurs fans to make a decent atmosphere. Prove a point to Arsenal that it can be done in a new stadium.

Personally I think atmospheres have very little to do with modern stadiums and a lot more to do with modern football fans.

Cardiff City Stadium is a generic bowl design but the atmosphere for some of Wales qualifiers there was unbelievable.

54 minutes ago, redsince82 said:

Do i understand this right? Being middle class makes you a clapper?

Are you surmising that only working class (or similar) are what you would call proper fans?  As only working class (or similar)  are capable of making an atmosphere and are the only ones who have a right to support their chosen team? 

No, that’s not what I meant. Traditionally, it probably was true, that the working class crowds produced the better atmospheres, but not so much now. 

Although what looks like it could be an incredible area of stadium does appear to have priced out many. 

You often hear how new stadiums don’t mirror the atmosphere of the ones they replaced. 

The ceapest seats available should not be starting at that price. 

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Heard a guy on the radio the other day saying his season ticket has cost £1600. 

1 minute ago, Super said:

Heard a guy on the radio the other day saying his season ticket has cost £1600. 

I don’t have a problem with there being more expensive options, but the cheapest shouldn’t be as much as they are charging, imho. 

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:58, bris red said:

Speaking purely from an **Electrical standpoint id be shocked if it was ready for Liverpool.

They are pushing hard with the site open 24hrs a day and contractors are paying sparks over £400 a day in some cases but the main contractor ‘Mace’ really are clueless.. i think it will be more like November it opens personally.

**SHOCKED :shocking: 

Archived