IGNORED

On sky now - City v Hull Play off final

sh1t_ref_again

I remember watching it in the student bar in Swansea with my local mate supporting us too - I then a few years later had to support Swansea in the final in return.

I was very happy for him but couldn't help but wish it had been us... 

Swansea City since have become a much more valuable club (whereas we were probably about the same size at the time) and it's fed into the area around it - lots of regeneration since then. 

Even with their relegation they're still with a good chance of going back up - which shows the pot of gold waiting for the winners and why it was so heartbreaking...

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

At this point I'd rather put my globes in a vice than watch it. Maybe some day I'll be able to relive it.

Agreed - I think if we make the Prem one day I could watch it again then, but not before 

It gets shown over and over on local news round these parts, so I have to endure it at regular intervals. That goal, to them, is essentially their equivalent of Tinnion's goal at Anfield or perhaps Whitehead's goal v Portsmouth. The half time entertainment at the KCom this season involves fans picked out of the crowd, trying to recreate the volley.

I’ve never been able to watch the match on TV, but in a parallel universe that Windass shot missed and Trundle scored a second half hat trick. I’m waiting until inter-universe travel is invented so I can watch City win. With luck there will be a close up of me in the crowd celebrating 

14 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

The worst feeling I’ve ever experienced as a fan, devastating 

Being stuck in London until 11pm was absolutely horrible. Was just an awful day. 

For a few hours after, I couldn't understand why every one was looking at me (Especially woman) I forgot I'd painted my face for a laugh on the way into the ground (drinking all day high spirits)

Personally it was a horrific day, but at full time I naively felt a "we'll be back defiance

The Brighton playoff final however left me in utter shock, the only time I've felt that from football in my life.

I got home sat on the sofa, sky sports news on, just staring into emptiness. It lasted pretty much until the next season began city wise, it felt like a bad dream.

Archived