IGNORED

1970's Sitcoms

PHILINFRANCE

18 hours ago, harrys said:

I didn’t mean she was getting a seeing to by O’Reilley Phil, she’s better than that

It was just that you referred to the gormless one, and I forgot that, of course, there were two of them - I had also forgotten that the dishwasher was called O'Reilly, so Thanks for reminding me of that.

Richard O'Sullivan was, of course, also romantically involved previously with Sally Thomsett, his former co-star from Man about the House, but on another, more poignant note, prompted by a comment made by @BTRFTG concerning his health I had a quick look on WIKI to see that Richard O'Sullivan is indeed in poor health, having suffered a stroke as long ago as 2003.

How unfortunate.

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It was just that you referred to the gormless one, and I forgot that, of course, there were two of them - I had also forgotten that the dishwasher was called O'Reilly, so Thanks for reminding me of that.

Richard O'Sullivan was, of course, also romantically involved previously with Sally Thomsett, his former co-star from Man about the House, but on another, more poignant note, prompted by a comment made by @BTRFTG concerning his health I had a quick look on WIKI to see that Richard O'Sullivan is indeed in poor health, having suffered a stroke as long ago as 2003.

How unfortunate.

er........Albert Riddle actually.:cool:

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

How unfortunate.

Ah images from my formative teenage years!! 

Sally T.jpg

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Un hombre en casa - who would have thought that when she was starring in The Railway Children alongside Jenny Agutter, another one who was not too shy to take her clothes off.

Jenny Agutter in American Werewolf In London...now you're talking...

Sally was ok but she looks like she could eat an apple through a letterbox.

3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Haha, didn,t we all want to be Robin Tripp in the 70's.  And Sally Thomsett was the one that we would all have been after too. I don't think Robin ever quite succeeded.

I knew that Richard had been suffering from dementia for some time but not that he had had a stroke.

I don't think Robin succeeded, but Richard certainly did.

I don't want to hijack or even sidetrack the thread, but, as it is slightly Bristol related, does anybody recall the beautiful Nina Baden-Semper from the 1970s serial Love the Neighbour?

We used to have quite a thing going back in the day - I was in my early/mid-teens at the time:innocent06: - and then she married and moved in to a house nearby: I have never been so dumbstruck as the day I met her in a local supermarket.   

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

How unfortunate.

Unfortunate indeed, he was also in the Doctor at large shows with equally gormless morons

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't think Robin succeeded, but Richard certainly did.

I don't want to hijack or even sidetrack the thread, but, as it is slightly Bristol related, does anybody recall the beautiful Nina Baden-Semper from the 1970s serial Love the Neighbour?

We used to have quite a thing going back in the day - I was in my early/mid-teens at the time:innocent06: - and then she married and moved in to a house nearby: I have never been so dumbstruck as the day I met her in a local supermarket.   

there are a few Love Thy Neighbour videos on YouTube if you want to try to relive some of the past. not really PC nowadays of course.

2 hours ago, harrys said:

The most cringeworthy and embarrassing programme ever

The whole point was that the black guy was as big a racist as the white guy. I read a very interesting newspaper interview with Rudolf Walker a few years ago and he seemed quite jaded with the continual PC comments about the show and having the point out the premise to people who probably didn’t even see it.

Mind you it was never very funny.

47 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Kirk St Moritz. The medallion man's medallion man!

dear-john-6.jpg

Died a week or so ago, read his obituary only yesterday.

3 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

The whole point was that the black guy was as big a racist as the white guy. I read a very interesting newspaper interview with Rudolf Walker a few years ago and he seemed quite jaded with the continual PC comments about the show and having the point out the premise to people who probably didn’t even see it.

Mind you it was never very funny.

Died a week or so ago, read his obituary only yesterday.

It was awful.  That was also my objection to The Black and White Minstrel Show.  Awful end of the pier rubbish.

Archived