IGNORED

1970's Sitcoms

PHILINFRANCE

10 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

For the love of our Lord Adge Cutler, I'd never get bored slipping Felicity Kendall one.

The trouble is, I'm 6'5" and over 17 stone. I'd crush the poor bint at the first attempt at passion.

you would now,she must be 80 ??

4 minutes ago, harrys said:

I think he was the sort of bloke who would of turned it down

Unfortunately we’ll never know, bless him....I loved how down to earth he was, he said it was easy to write Only Fools and Horses because when he had the idea he sat in a South East London pub with a notebook and pen and just observed the locals. He said within an hour he had seen all the characters in real life - there was a Boycie, a Trigger, a Del Boy, a Denzil, a Mickey Pearce, a Rodney etc etc - he just made real life so very funny....a genius...

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 17:20, harrys said:

Who can remember Dear John?

Can't say I do...

But then again... "that's the kind if guy I am'' …. By the way, ''any sexual problems? "' … :) 

Would love to see a re-run of this all too tragically cut short series.. Brilliant!

(naturally the yanks had a go at recreating it and totally stuffing it up, nothing surprising about that, true to form  for them!.... British comedies - NOBODY does them better!)

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Can't say I do...

But then again... "that's the kind if guy I am'' …. By the way, ''any sexual problems? "' … :) 

Would love to see a re-run of this all too tragically cut short series.. Brilliant!

(naturally the yanks had a go at recreating it and totally stuffing it up, nothing surprising about that, true to form  for them!.... British comedies - NOBODY does them better!)

Didn't the guy from Taxi, Judd Hirsch or something like that, play the part of John in the US version?

Which is a neat segway into Taxi. Great comedy. Danny Devito, Chris Lloyd, Judd Hirsch, that guy who played Latka, Marilu Jenner and Tony Danza who was actually a boxer in real life.

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Can't say I do...

Like many great comedies there were only 2 series, did Kirk St. Maritz & Tiger ever get together in the end?

29 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

that guy who played Latka,

Great Jim Carrey film about this bloke. Can't rmember his name or the name of the film for the life of me, will try and remember on the drive home.

Film was called Man On The Moon I think.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Great Jim Carrey film about this bloke. Can't rmember his name or the name of the film for the life of me, will try and remember on the drive home.

Film was called Man On The Moon I think.

I remember now, Andy Kaufmann. I know the film you are referring to. Yes, I think it was called Man On The Moon.

On 08/08/2018 at 22:24, BS4 on Tour... said:

Unfortunately we’ll never know, bless him....I loved how down to earth he was, he said it was easy to write Only Fools and Horses because when he had the idea he sat in a South East London pub with a notebook and pen and just observed the locals. He said within an hour he had seen all the characters in real life - there was a Boycie, a Trigger, a Del Boy, a Denzil, a Mickey Pearce, a Rodney etc etc - he just made real life so very funny....a genius...

That’s a brilliant story. So much humour in ordinary everyday life.

Archived