IGNORED

Inevitable, but terrible / Disappointing transfer window (Merged)

Sturny

DkLCW9yUcAAJfTR.jpg:largeLarge

Flint-Boro.jpg

If I showed you these pictures at the beginning of this year what would've you said?

I'm aware holding onto these players was going to be tricky but we've made inferior replacements and I can't help but feel this has been one of the most disappointing windows in a long time :(  

Players come and go BUT THIS STILL SUCKS

11 minutes ago, Sturny said:

If I showed you these pictures at the beginning of this year what would've you said?

I'm aware holding onto these players was going to be tricky but we've made inferior replacements and I can't help but feel this has been one of the most disappointing windows in a long time :(  

Wtf is wrong with you? 

We all knew that Flint Reid and Bryan would move on and LJ has recruited to cover their departures. 

Webster and DaSilva, Watkins along with Wieman have arrived and as yet we’ve seen just two of them play one game and yet you claim they’re inferior...........so whats  you’re assessment based on? 

Got a magical crystal ball have you? 

Jeez...........we could do without daft comments like yours.

2 of the 3 - Flint and Bryan adequately replaced for me and £10m for Reid was far too good to turn down for a club that loses money.

Happy with what we have done but I do hope for a loan CF and maybe a central MF with experience - 3 weeks yet.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Wtf is wrong with you? 

We all knew that Flint Reid and Bryan would move on and LJ has recruited to cover their departures. 

Webster and DaSilva, Watkins along with Wieman have arrived and as yet we’ve seen just two of them play one game and yet you claim they’re inferior...........so whats  you’re assessment based on? 

Got a magical crystal ball have you? 

My assessment is based on the fact they're not playing in the premier league or as promotion contenders perhaps? If you think you need a crystal ball to tell you that then you're a complete weapon aren't you mate 

We’ve known for years now, years, that we will sell players we develop if the price/time is right to let them move on. 

Nothing new here. Kodjia, 2 years ago, set the tone. Not only sold for big cash, but to a team in the same division.

We’ve known all summer these 3 were the most likely go, and we’ve had all summer to replace them, which we’ve done.

To be honest, I’m glad they’ve got the moves to their respective levels, interesting of the three only one didn’t get that prem move.

Onwards and upwards with some profit to reinvest in the club. It’s the way forward and I for one am glad the system of development and incremental progression we set out to create is working for now. 

5 minutes ago, Neo said:

2 of the 3 - Flint and Bryan adequately replaced for me and £10m for Reid was far too good to turn down for a club that loses money.

Happy with what we have done but I do hope for a loan CF and maybe a central MF with experience - 3 weeks yet.

Yep no problem at all

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

My assessment is based on the fact they're not playing in the premier league or as promotion contenders perhaps? If you think you need a crystal ball to tell you that then you're a complete weapon aren't you mate 

Jeez..........:facepalm:

How old are you Sturny?  

18 minutes ago, Sturny said:

DkLCW9yUcAAJfTR.jpg:largeLarge

Flint-Boro.jpg

It's not these players leaving that concerns me

It's the fact we have sold best part of £26m worth of talent and not reinvested quarter of it 

It's the fact LJ said we needed more leaders on the pitch and now....after pre-season...we clearly have less influential players now 

Absolutely shocking transfer window from this club and they have well and truely shafted all the fans who renewed their season tickets whilst hoping that we would progress this season 

I'll just take all the abuse I will no doubt get as I am a notoriously negative poster, but if you all asked yourselves to be completely honest...we are considerably weaker then last season....and we are playing in a league that's considerably stronger then last year

Shocking from the club 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

It's the fact we have sold best part of £26m worth of talent and not reinvested quarter of it 

It's the fact LJ said we needed more leaders on the pitch and now....after pre-season...we clearly have less influential players now 

Absolutely shocking transfer window from this club and they have well and truely shafted all the fans who renewed their season tickets whilst hoping that we would progress this season 

I'll just take all the abuse I will no doubt get as I am a notoriously negative poster, but if you all asked yourselves to be completely honest...we are considerably weaker then last season....and we are playing in a league that's considerably stronger then last year

Those that run this club have well and truely sold the fans down the river . 

We go 22 million in total and spent over 12,

thats over half 

weve not been sold down the river we were warned in may this would happen

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Those that run this club have well and truely sold the fans down the river . 

So you’ve seen enough of Maenpaa, Hunt, Webster. Dasilva, Watkins, Weinmann. Eisa  and  Adelakun to quantify that they are not going to be influential or leaders? 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

thats over half 

Agree with your point Monk, but haven't we got £25m+ ?

Reid 10 + Flint 7 + Joe 6 + Maggers 2 + Djuric peanuts. 

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Agree with your point Monk, but haven't we got £25m+ ?

Reid 10 + Flint 7 + Joe 6 + Maggers 2 + Djuric peanuts. 

Thought we got 4 for flint raising to 7 win add ons,

point still stands **** wits on here are making out we’ve spent **** all when it’s probably the most we’ve spent in a transfer window full stop

2 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Put it this way. We have lost 3 players who were here before LJ. 3 core players we have depended on since our return to the Championship. Most that LJ has brought in have proven not to be as trusted. 

Apart from baker O’Dowda Brownhill fammy Patterson........

2 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Put it this way. We have lost 3 players who were here before LJ. 3 core players we have depended on since our return to the Championship. Most that LJ has brought in have proven not to be as trusted. 

Without LJ changing Bobby Reid from a midfielder to a striker we wouldn't have got £10 million. 

Cheer up.

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

thats over half 

Indeed I agree with you.

My only issue is that LJ has not strengthened a weak and a not very creative midfield, I can see goals being scarce and midfield domination being even more scarce and that adds up to more of the same as the last 2 seasons for me but this season being more of a struggle than last season.

I hope I am wrong and will gladly hold my hands up if I am.

But he has bought himself another season whatever happens.

Bristolian soul has been ripped out of the club these past few months with Joe, Bobby and Adam gone. 

Bringing in this Da Silva over Lloyd’s head was the final insult. 

Lets just change our name to Westcountry Robins, sign up officially as Chelsea’s U23 feeder team and be done with it.

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Thought we got 4 for flint raising to 7 win add ons,

point still stands **** wits on here are making out we’ve spent **** all when it’s probably the most we’ve spent in a transfer window full stop

We've actually spent lowest and received the highest amount if you look at the market stats here and cycle through the years since 2015 https://www.transfermarkt.com/bristol-city/transfers/verein/698/plus/0?saison_id=2018&pos=&detailpos=&w_s= 

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Indeed I agree with you.

My only issue is that LJ has not strengthened a weak and a not very creative midfield, I can see goals being scarce and midfield domination being even more scarce and that adds up to more of the same as the last 2 seasons for me but this season being more of a struggle than last season.

I hope I am wrong and will gladly hold my hands up if I am.

But he has bought himself another season whatever happens.

Playing 2 centrally in a League where 3 is increasingly becoming the norm especially among good sides or fluid setups like Wolves last year, is asking for trouble IMO. (I know the formation and setup isn't as simple as that but it's got leanings that way).

However it would be and would have been asking for trouble whether we'd kept Flint, Bryan and Reid or not.

Archived