IGNORED

Inevitable, but terrible / Disappointing transfer window (Merged)

Sturny

14 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Bobby's best days are ahead of him while Weinmann's are behind him. This whole "He used to play in the premier league therefore he is good" sillyness needs to stop. 

Why did Cardiff sign Bobby and not Weimann as he was clearly cheaper and a better experienced premier league player therefore a better option, according to your logic? Sorry, I just don't see it mate. 

Are they ****, he's just gone to Cardiff

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Weimann (not Weinmann) is only 27, Bobby is 25 - you’re talking like Weimann is 32+ - our Austrian international player has hopefully plenty of good years ahead of him....and I have never said Weimann is good ‘because he used to play in the premier league’ - but the point stands that Weimann was a premier league player only three years ago...Bobby was a league one player three years ago...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well we don’t often sign players who’ve played well over 100 games in the premier league, so why the pessimism?!

You tried to distinguish someone's pessimism over signing a lesser appointment by pointing out he had 100 games in the premier league. Your argument doesn't seem genuine to me sunshine

1 hour ago, simon uk said:

Agreed, how can sl sanction 25 million of sales, reinvest much less than that, then expect to be able to improve?? Weve been asset stripped. apart from one or two, we have no real star quality, and this season is going to be a struggle. It seems to me it was inevitable those 3 would be sold, and i dont have a problem with that, but now we need and i expect to recruit premier league loans to supplement the squad. Not impressed.

Maybe. This time last year Bobby Reid was a bit part midfielder so I’m giving it a few weeks!

3 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

It stings. No icons left at the club. Boring squad full of boring players.

That's the most idiotic post of the lot. The players who became "iconic" in your eyes did so by... er... playing games for the club and doing well, and showing passion. A lot of our players haven't had a chance to do that yet. 

2 hours ago, Premier Blue said:

Ummm, let me remind you. He's the guy you were probably creaming your pants about last season saying he was going to be a top player for you in the Premier League. Well guess what. He will be playing in the Premier League where you lot will be bottom half at best in the Championship

At leat we will never be

Welsh

We can get promoted , you will return and possibly drop lower

You Can’t change being Welsh 

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Weimann played in the premier league for five seasons and he’s only two years older than Bobby who’s only had one good season...how many premier league games has Bobby played? And what makes you call Bobby a ‘very high goal scorer’? One season....

If he’s so good I would have expected Derby to have tried to move heaven and earth to hang on to him and having to fight off other clubs queuing around the block wanting to sign him. 

6 minutes ago, Sturny said:

You tried to distinguish someone's pessimism over signing a lesser appointment by pointing out he had 100 games in the premier league. Your argument doesn't seem genuine to me sunshine

I wouldn’t call Andreas who has played WELL OVER 100 premier league games a ‘lesser appointment’ than Bobby who hasn’t played a single premier league game yet - even though he started his senior career in the same season that Weimann did.....Weimann has only played premier league and championship football in this country and he has scored more goals than Bobby in exactly the same number of seasons despite the fact that Weimann has often played as a winger - and Bobby has only played in league two, league one and the championship...my argument is very ‘genuine’ sunshine - you think Bobby (who has only played in the lower divisions of English football) is better than Andreas (who has only played in the top two divisions of English football) despite the fact they both started their senior careers in the same season and Andreas has scored more goals at higher levels....over and out....you’ve lost...

1 hour ago, simon uk said:

Would rather be bottom half of the championship than cardiff. You have nothing to live for, you have a population of malnourished inbreds and your only contribution to modern culture is tom jones, and a rugby team whose only achievement is beating england once every few years. You wish you were english, and are jealous that you are not.

Good for you then D@@@head

We are where we are for whatever reason but I dont feel negative about this window taken in isolation.  Whether earlier decisions put us in the position of want aways is a moot point now.

Flint's move was odd though due to his destination, maybe he was too strong a voice in the dressing room?

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

At leat we will never be

Welsh

We can get promoted , you will return and possibly drop lower

You Can’t change being Welsh 

Remember Nicky Maynard had to leave you to come to us because he didn't want his kids growing up with a west cuntry accent

4 minutes ago, Premier Blue said:

Remember Nicky Maynard had to leave you to come to us because he didn't want his kids growing up with a west cuntry accent

Seriously have you listened to yourselves ?

Its what years of inter family marriages produces 

Not too  much good ever comes out of Wales Does it

What colour have you changed to this season ?

Livvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvoy

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I wouldn’t call Andreas who has played WELL OVER 100 premier league games a ‘lesser appointment’ than Bobby who hasn’t played a single premier league game yet - even though he started his senior career in the same season that Weimann did.....Weimann has only played premier league and championship football in this country and he has scored more goals than Bobby in exactly the same number of seasons despite the fact that Weimann has often played as a winger - and Bobby has only played in league two, league one and the championship...my argument is very ‘genuine’ sunshine - you think Bobby (who has only played in the lower divisions of English football) is better than Andreas (who has only played in the top two divisions of English football) despite the fact they both started their senior careers in the same season and Andreas has scored more goals at higher levels....over and out....you’ve lost...

? This is getting ridiculous, we might have to agree to disagree because I can see everything is going over your head mate. 

You didn’t answer my question, which alone, throws your logic in the bin. 

Why did Cardiff sign Bobby and not Weimann? As he’s the cheaper and better option you so rave about. 

5 minutes ago, Premier Blue said:

You certainly are. You have nothing in your s@@t city. No decent arena, wtf is your metro? A glorious park and ride that was built 18 months ago and not been used A useless shopping centre and not just one but two s@@t football teams

While your on spouting your brainless Welsh drivel and dribbling

Is it true that due to austerity , and the diminishing jobseekers , you valley boys have had to compromise on the romance front

Its now just a shoulder of lamb from Lidl rather than a full living version ?

I hear on your players first date night that Colin arranged for one of the staff to bring along a full woolly back for Tomlin

Problem was he eat it

38 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Maybe! But as I said somewhere else, this time last year Not So Young Bobby was a bit part midfielder, I’m giving it a few weeks before I pass judgement. 

Of course, and though I felt reasonably optimistic not too long ago tonight I'm evaluating the window as a whole and feeling pretty gloomy about our prospects.

I've got us down for 16th - at best - and that's as optimistic as I can muster.

A good old fashioned thumping of Bolton on Saturday is needed to rally the troops methinks, and if Mo comes on to grab a couple of late goals so much the better.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

While your on spouting your brainless Welsh drivel and dribbling

Is it true that due to austerity , and the diminishing jobseekers , you valley boys have had to compromise on the romance front

Its now just a shoulder of lamb from Lidl rather than a full living version ?

I'm surprised you have heard of lidl. More poundworld and poundstretcher over where you are

49 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

That's the most idiotic post of the lot. The players who became "iconic" in your eyes did so by... er... playing games for the club and doing well, and showing passion. A lot of our players haven't had a chance to do that yet. 

Tell me then who out of our squad you get excited by watching then. I'm not saying any of them are not capable, but who the **** would you pay to watch? Even in the worst times recently we had players like Albert who were shining lights. This team is boring, no stars,ordinary 

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I didn’t say he was ‘so good’ - did we move heaven and earth to hang onto Bobby?

£10 million pounds from a premier league club was too good to turn down. A bit different from selling to a team in the same division for a fraction of that as Derby did. 

1 minute ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Tell me then who out of our squad you get excited by watching then. I'm not saying any of them are not capable, but who the **** would you pay to watch? Even in the worst times recently we had players like Albert who were shining lights. This team is boring, no stars,ordinary 

jens-hegeler-bristol_1483552872-768x432.

Archived