IGNORED

We can sum this season up in one word

Londoner

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Imagine if we had gone for it though, smashed FFP...and got docked points in the Spring.

That was theoretically possible last year. That would have been terrible.

I know you love ffp but cut the January signings we made and bring in one player of known quality to give the players we already had a lift, if only a mental one.  Diony?  Jesus it's no wonder our own players didn't think we wanted it. Even if we lost in the playoffs we might have held onto some of the players that have left this window.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Mediocrity.

For the first time since we've been promoted there is no chance we will go up....and no chance we will go down. What does that mean? Pretty boring stuff.

We are weaker in quality but balance that with a strength in depth we Haven t previously had.

Anywhere between 16th and 10th. Is that exciting? No, Its bloody boring.

Most will disagree secretly but agree when they think about it. At the price of tickets for non season card holders....whats the point?

What a load of tosh! We may or may not finish in mid table but that doesn’t mean it has to be boring or mediocre. The season could be one of exciting football, high scoring matches, and nail biting finishes. I disagree that we’re weaker but time will tell which of us is right. A finish above 11th says we’re not.

and the point is to support your team through Hell and high water. If you don’t want to bother go and glory hunt down the Bridge, or if your interested in a relegation battle go watch the Palace. 

Mediocrity.

For the first time since we've been promoted there is no chance we will go up....and no chance we will go down. What does that mean? Pretty boring stuff.

We are weaker in quality but balance that with a strength in depth we Haven t previously had.

Most will disagree secretly but agree when they think about it. At the price of tickets for non season card holders....whats the point?

Wasting your breath mate. So many on here just don't see it and will just shut you down 

17 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Consolidation means building towards a promotion and then being able to sustain that promotion.  Last season would never have provided that stability. Exciting though it would have been to have one season up.  Some of you perhaps didn't experience the horror of falling through all the divisions shortly after gaining promotion

Consolidation is a good word for this season

Lets wait and see, you never know they might surprise us ?

Another load of complete and utter horseshit from @Londoner

most of the negative bollocks on here from some poster is pathetic

mind you the same poster posted the same bollocks last season the ones outraged at Reid going are the same ones who would of driven him to Plymouth on a free last august

the same posters out raged at us selling Bryan are the same posters who said he was bang average and wouldn’t go to a prem side

attention seeking asshats  

Mediocrity.

Oh good hopefully it's to expensive for our academic London fan.... You won't be missed.

56 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Doesn't mean it can't be true.

Londoner regularly makes these types of threads looking for a reaction, and has in the past claimed he knows more about football than anyone who disagrees with him because he "is an academic".

So the question is why the attention seeking?

I suppose maybe it could be that he wants to be a Robbored MK II.

Unfortunately I've had the distinct displeasure of having a conversation with you in person before. Obviously you had no idea who I was.

I'm not going to say what I thought of you because I will end up being very harsh and take no pleasure in ripping someone of your ilk to shreds.

With all due respect, having met you in person and seeing how you are in reality it's very hard for me to take anything you say seriously.

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I know you love ffp but cut the January signings we made and bring in one player of known quality to give the players we already had a lift, if only a mental one.  Diony?  Jesus it's no wonder our own players didn't think we wanted it. Even if we lost in the playoffs we might have held onto some of the players that have left this window.

I'm pointing out a potential consequence of a big breach- it should form part of the discussion.

That said, yes- I was all for a serious play for Mitrovic and even knowing what we apparently know now, I would have been back in Jan. Not permanently, but on loan definitely. Or Grabban (Afobe was just when linked with Wolves, inevitable he would return there on loan).

I've really admired the mature way LJ has gone about his business and its not the clubs fault that 3 major players ( and some minor ones ) have been determined to leave. Yet I think the board may ultimately look back on this window with as much regret as last January. I suspect that come January we may be in a panic and forced to spend more money than we could have spent now.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

Unfortunately I've had the distinct displeasure of having a conversation with you in person before. Obviously you had no idea who I was.

I'm not going to say what I thought of you because I will end up being very harsh and take no pleasure in ripping someone of your ilk to shreds.

With all due respect, having met you in person and seeing how you are in reality it's very hard for me to take anything you say seriously.

I highly doubt that you have.

Though please PM me to refresh my memory.

9 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Wasting your breath mate. So many on here just don't see it and will just shut you down 

Unfortunately many don't understand but I realised that a long time ago.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I highly doubt that you have.

Though please PM me to refresh my memory.

Oh no I have. Trust me.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No.

I generally dont trust the word of people who make unsubstantiated claims.

I am certain we have never met, so refresh my memory of this supposed meeting.

I suggest you search over some of your posts where you have given out personal experiences in life and you will find the answer.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm pointing out a potential consequence of a big breach- it should form part of the discussion.

That said, yes- I was all for a serious play for Mitrovic and even knowing what we apparently know now, I would have been back in Jan. Not permanently, but on loan definitely. Or Grabban (Afobe was just when linked with Wolves, inevitable he would return there on loan).

By saying 'go for it' i meant signing someone that showed a statement of intent to the squad already here, not blowing £20mill.  The team that had done so well let their heads drop as soon as we were out the cup, that shows fragility.  Whether that was players, Manager or lack of board back up we'll never know.

we were on the crest of a wave and we didn't ride it, that 's always going to piss fans off.

37 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

You may have a point here, our club are not aiming for the premier league that is a given.. The board are simply hoping they get lucky.

Like you say we are a mid table team, nothing more and nothing less, god knows why your getting a hard time for having an opinion though...

We need a manager who can get us to the promised land within our remit.. LJ is not the man for that..

The boards wage policy as much of an issue as the manager

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Doesn't mean it can't be true.

Londoner regularly makes these types of threads looking for a reaction, and has in the past claimed he knows more about football than anyone who disagrees with him because he "is an academic".

So the question is why the attention seeking?

I suppose maybe it could be that he wants to be a Robbored MK II.

An academic? Bull****. I bet he's one of those people who says he went to the 'University of Life'

50 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

In a world where Leicester City can win the Premier League and Donald Trump can become President of the United States, I’m really not interested in you arrogantly telling us a future you cannot possibly be certain of.

Oh and by the way Nostradamus, you also thought this....

216CCCCF-4762-4310-AD2F-50574B0EB73A.jpeg.aa2f263638b21506161b60d95e4b2e95.jpeg

This is an astonishing find, CR. Londoner saying something positive about something City related! 

11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

By saying 'go for it' i meant signing someone that showed a statement of intent to the squad already here, not blowing £20mill.  The team that had done so well let their heads drop as soon as we were out the cup, that shows fragility.  Whether that was players, Manager or lack of board back up we'll never know.

we were on the crest of a wave and we didn't ride it, that 's always going to piss fans off.

Agree tbh. A statement of intent in that scenario can push us on further.

I still think top 2 may have been too much..however with the momentum, the opportunity- to say nothing of the points gap- playoffs should have been feasible IMO.

They may have stayed tbh, had we shown we meant business.

Archived