IGNORED

Vote on the transfer business

sh1t_ref_again

Vote on the transfer business  

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reasonably happy.  I think the players we've brought in will do well and the squad feels fairly well balanced - two players for most positions.

I think the strategy is mostly right although our implementation with the occasional signing like Engvall has to be questioned. 

The only issue I can really see with the thinking is that LJ seems happy with the midfield and I am certain we are some way short in quality in the middle of the park.  IMO it should have been the top priority.

We couldn't have done much about the three big sales and commercially they appear to have been reasonable deals.

I'd have been happier if we'd landed someone to take the number 1 shirt for the next 5 years and we'd moved on Taylor and brought in a better replacement but you can rarely do everything you want to in one go.  

No option that properly sums up my thoughts, which is we have done 'OK'.

It's not been great, but not terrible.

We brought in some big fees for players with little time on their contracts, and have brought in replacements for each one.

I do think we are slightly worse off in all 3 positions in the immediate term, but that we have players now who will go on to be better in those positions as they develop.

So I'm not over the moon, but not as displease as some.

I'll vote for fence sitting, but my thoughts are part way between fence sitting and happy.

"Cautiously optimistic"

I dont think we will challenge for promotion, nor be relegation threatened.

I wouldnt say a playoff challenge is beyond us, but unlikely.

"Not sure" is the only logical vote, surely?

We've seen 4 of the new guys play one game against a side that looks good on paper, but probably had also not gelled completely.

I think we have not got the goals in us that we had at the beginning of last season, but I gotta temper this pessimism by saying "but let's wait and see".

We'll be well into autumn before we can answer this question properly.

Wait and see how it goes I guess.

Can't say I'm particularly happy with it, given what 3 big players they were. Plus the squad players off, the upheaval.

OTOH we should be able to cover injuries better...should being the operative word as our current squad size is 25 before anymore loanees...but if is injuries like last year we'll have problems.

The pure quality players who have gone won't be able to paper over cracks. More numbers can help however.

Somewhere in mid-table. Just can't muster up the optimism that I usually have after this summer window.

Still on the fence. On paper our side is weaker than it was before, but if everything was decided on paper football would never change.

I'm happy to give LJ the benefit of the doubt, but my minimum expectations for this season are to improve on our position from last. The fact that we're even asking this question indicates that a poor season will be attributed to losing key players, and if we don't improve then serious questions will need to be asked of LJ.

Sitting on the fence, should be a interesting season ,and looking forward to the war of words between the gloom merchants and the happy people. So trap yourself in for a bumpy ride. Still  the one thing we all agree on we are city supporters no mater what, happy or not happy. COYR.

Happy, given the circumstances.

I'd rather have not lost Bryan, Reid and Flint, but the fact is that all three wanted to leave so the only option was to maximise the value received for them and replace them.

All three have been replaced with what look on paper to be adequate replacements (though I've no idea about De Silva - is he better than Kelly?) and the squad has been strengthened in other areas: Hunt should be an upgrade on Pisano and Watkins, Eisa and Adelakun should all add something to the attack.

It wasn't a window that left me thinking "yes, we should definitely be in the top 6 this year" but realistically we were never in that bracket. We should be able to match or improve on last season if the players play to their potential. I don't think we will be in serious relegation trouble. A profit on transfers should make a dent in the inevitable financial deficit for the season.

5 minutes ago, Peter Coles said:

Only time will tell would like a cm and a target man on loan, but u never know some one in house may come to the party. Lets hope LJ can pull a rabbit from the hat.

would you play the Rabbit at cm or as the target man? 

Archived