IGNORED

After the transfer window, it's down to earth at Bolton

cidered abroad

Back to earth with a bump or will the squad come up with a performance and points tomorrow? 

Who plays, who sits on the bench and who misses out. 

I suspect that Kelly will start at left back and be subbed after an hour by Dasilva. 

Max will be on the bench prior to next weeks arrival of another keeper and his loan to Macclesfield? 

Will Watkins make an appearance, perhaps up front alongside Weimann? 

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Maenpaa

Hunt   Webster.  Baker   Kelly

Eliasson Smith. Pack. O'Dowda

Brownhill

Weimann

Kelly in to deal with the pace and power of Ameobi. I think Dasilva will then be the regular after this game, but having only just arrived he maybe sits out.

Not a bad team at all.  Would hope Paterson drops to the bench and I like the balance of the midfield. I don't know about Kelly at LB, have a feeling Dasilva may get the start. Decent team though, fancy us to nick a 1-0.

36 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Maenpaa

Brownhill

Weimann

Kelly in to deal with the pace and power of Ameobi. I think Dasilva will then be the regular after this game, but having only just arrived he maybe sits out.

I'd just swap the wingers Eliasson too reliant on the left foot and cutting back to get on it

41 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Maenpaa

Brownhill

Weimann

Like the look of that side- only question for me is Kelly or Dasilva.

Brownhill is a good natural fit to go between supporting the striker and dropping back in to help out too IMO.

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Maenpaa

Brownhill

Weimann

Maenpaa

Hunt   Webster.  Baker   DaSilva

Watkins Brownhill. Pack. O'Dowda

Eliasson

Weimann

6 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Maenpaa

Eliasson

Weimann

Can Eliasson drop back in centrally though, in the defensive phase? I know he could be defensive on the flanks, but centrally?

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can Eliasson drop back in centrally though, in the defensive phase? I know he could be defensive on the flanks, but centrally?

I'm thinking giving him a free role behind Weinman because of his pace and weinman's ability to hold the ball up, he is also inter changeable with watkins and o'dowda who can both switch into that role and drop back centrally if needed/under pressure

Brownhill. Pack.

Watkins  Eliasson  O'Dowda

Weinman

kind of like that but with the 3 attacking midfield switching, and both brownhill and pack sitting a bit deeper to ping balls and help protect the back 4

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I'm thinking giving him a free role behind Weinman because of his pace and weinman's ability to hold the ball up, he is also inter changeable with watkins and o'dowda who can both switch into that role and drop back centrally if needed/under pressure

Brownhill. Pack.

Weinman

kind of like that but with the 3 attacking midfield switching, and both brownhill and pack sitting a bit deeper to ping balls and help protect the back 4

Could well work- would definitely need O'Dowda or Watkins to come inside though to help with the 3 in the defensive phase I think. However as a 3 behind Weimann  like that a lot- plus given the versatility not only that interchanging but Weimann can pull wide, so too can Brownhill if needs be.

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Maenpaa

Eliasson

Weimann

If Watkins is over his concussion then I think he may start.  Think his power/ strength might be very useful away from home.

3 hours ago, where's the joy said:

please send Patterson out on loan to regain his mojo. we play with 10 men when he plays and yet in the past he's been outstanding

uh, no.  He's better than League one and why would we give him to another Champ side?

Although, i share your frustration regarding Pato

2 hours ago, Westcountry Robins said:

Anyone know a decent place for a pint in Bolton?

Bolton’s ground is actually in Horwich. It’s out of town rather but next to a mahoosive retail park. Loads of eating places and (I think) a spoons, but I don’t think there are any other pubs nearby

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Brownhill. Pack.

Weinman

I think that we would do better if we had a goalkeeper

Archived