IGNORED

After the transfer window, it's down to earth at Bolton

cidered abroad

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Blimey! How I miss the old days! Get off the train and go to the nearest pub....what has gone wrong?! 

The station is closer to the ground than a pub.

We were terrible at Bolton a few months ago so need something very different this time.

Sky Sports saying that Ameobi and Donaldson could both be insured tomorrow which would be great news for us.

Another draw, perhaps?

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

We were terrible at Bolton a few months ago so need something very different this time.

Sky Sports saying that Ameobi and Donaldson could both be insured tomorrow which would be great news for us.

Another draw, perhaps?

I would rather they were injured, what does that say they think about our team?

50 minutes ago, mozo said:

Another draw, perhaps?

I'd be delighted if Donaldson started. It's 2018 mate, he's gash.

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes, and? All I said is get off the train and go to the nearest pub, didn’t mention the ground...

Indeed! All I'm saying is your surprise at people asking for pubs in Bolton misses the fact that if they never went to Burnden Park, they may never have walked past a pub. The Beehive is a dual carriageway away from "the station", the  other side of the ground. It's not exactly normal "go to the nearest pub" territory. ;)

9 hours ago, Northern Red said:

There's a pub on the retail park next to the station although not sure it's football-friendly (particularly away fans).

Last season they asked for either home tickets or local id. Might possibly be the fall out from the trouble on the car park one season. 

We got in as the northern reds i was with all had driving licenses with a manchester address on them.

Maenpaa

Hunt      Webster    Baker    Dasilva

Pack

Eisa          Brownhill Smith   Odowda

Weimann

kelly not fully fit. Dont rate Elliasson. Paterson been a liability for a while now. Need to unleash Eisa as he is a star in the making. Bolton will not live with the above team. 

10 hours ago, reddoh said:

I would rather they were injured, what does that say they think about our team?

Well this is an extremely competitive league and every small advantage can help nudge you towards a positive outcome.

You'd be mental to think we should be good enough to go into every away game expecting to beat the opposition's strongest team!

If Ameobi, who scored against us and troubled our defenders back in February, is missing then that's one small weakness for us to prey on. 

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

Well this is an extremely competitive league and every small advantage can help nudge you towards a positive outcome.

You'd be mental to think we should be good enough to go into every away game expecting to beat the opposition's strongest team!

If Ameobi, who scored against us and troubled our defenders back in February, is missing then that's one small weakness for us to prey on. 

@mozo, I think @reddoh was making a joke because there was a typo in the post saying the players were insured, rather than injured. 

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Indeed! All I'm saying is your surprise at people asking for pubs in Bolton misses the fact that if they never went to Burnden Park, they may never have walked past a pub. The Beehive is a dual carriageway away from "the station", the  other side of the ground. It's not exactly normal "go to the nearest pub" territory. ;)

Thought pubs near grounds, particularly 20 years or upwards ago when Bolton were at Burnden Park, were generally home only anyway.

Or is that a relatively new development?

Archived