Langford Red

On 10/08/2018 at 14:35, Bicester Red said:

If I see 

KIDS EAT FREE

I will not eat there

Im not paying for other peoples children 

And children go free on holidays. So I will not go there

Im not paying for other peoples children to go on holiday

If an advertiser will only pay to advertise when Leeds play. I will not buy their products!

Leeds just get more and more money to spend on players every season!

Careful the tax man doesn't catch you not paying taxes for other people...

On 10/08/2018 at 12:49, Tomarse said:

It's simple - they, Forest/Derby/Villa get larger TV Audiences = more ad revenue for Sky etc. 

Last season when it came to live televised games, Arsenal were shown three times as often as Burnley.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Is it not a self fullfilling thing though?

As long as Leeds are shown more on TV they will continue to be perceived as a big club because of the TV appearences.

The argument of them being a 'big club' is based on their achievements 20-40 years ago.

I'd hypothesise that if we had this level of TV coverage in the 40's, 50's and 60's then Huddersfield would (have) been seen as a 'big club'. After all, they were history makers in the 30's, yet nowadays they are brought up by some of our fans as an example of a club of a similar size to us who made it into the Premier League.

Could well agree and exposure is an important thing- can help change the balance a tad. Interesting to do alternate histories, but then we could argue the same about Blackburn- they won a League in 1995, finished 6th in 2003 and won Carling Cup in 2002.

However, fairly big clubs particularly in living memory , do tend to be fairly big clubs- or seen as such.

In addition to us first and foremost, I'd like to see a bit more of Brentford- they do play some lovely football and seem a well run club with an interesting philosophy to recruitment etc.

It's debatable but I'd suggest Leeds are a PL club in all but one crucial aspect. Which is on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

Last season when it came to live televised games, Arsenal were shown three times as often as Burnley.

Is that not (to an extent) partly down to them playing in the Europa League?

Those games were Thursday nights, so their league matches were moved to the Sunday already. And I think all Sunday matches in the Premier League are televised.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Could well agree and exposure is an important thing- can help change the balance a tad. Interesting to do alternate histories, but then we could argue the same about Blackburn- they won a League in 1995, finished 6th in 2003 and won Carling Cup in 2002.

However, fairly big clubs particularly in living memory , do tend to be fairly big clubs- or seen as such.

In addition to us first and foremost, I'd like to see a bit more of Brentford- they do play some lovely football and seem a well run club with an interesting philosophy to recruitment etc.

It's debatable but I'd suggest Leeds are a PL club in all but one crucial aspect. Which is on the pitch.

Interesting point re Blackburn, though I'd say even then we werent as saturated with TV coverage as we are now.

On a personal note, I wouldnt be upset if there was much less live coverage, as long as there was highlights available for every game. 

I'd say there are only 20 clubs who are Premier League clubs in any aspect, and they currently are there. At the end of the season 3 of them won't be any more, but 3 Championship ones will be.

I hate the "x club belongs in the Premier League" attitude, as most of those claims are based on achievements from 30/40/50 years ago. If that's the case then what is the point in any of the 'small clubs' trying. We should just have one league season, and whoever wins is champions forever.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Is that not (to an extent) partly down to them playing in the Europa League?

Those games were Thursday nights, so their league matches were moved to the Sunday already. And I think all Sunday matches in the Premier League are televised.

Interesting point re Blackburn, though I'd say even then we werent as saturated with TV coverage as we are now.

On a personal note, I wouldnt be upset if there was much less live coverage, as long as there was highlights available for every game. 

I'd say there are only 20 clubs who are Premier League clubs in any aspect, and they currently are there. At the end of the season 3 of them won't be any more, but 3 Championship ones will be.

I hate the "x club belongs in the Premier League" attitude, as most of those claims are based on achievements from 30/40/50 years ago. If that's the case then what is the point in any of the 'small clubs' trying. We should just have one league season, and whoever wins is champions forever.

Yeah less saturation coverage I'll grant you...was heading that way though.

Don't misunderstand my point.

I'm not saying Leeds 'deserve' to be in PL. Each club in the pyramid- except that other side in Bristol who are a a Conference side- deserve to be where they are. 

I'm just highlighting they are a decent sized club and that's why they appear on TV a lot.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah less saturation coverage I'll grant you...was heading that way though.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying Leeds 'deserve' to be in PL. Each club in the pyramid- except that other side in Bristol who are a a Conference side- deserve to be where they are. 

I'm just highlighting they are a decent sized club and that's why they appear on TV a lot.

Sorry that last bit wasnt necessarily directed at you, but is a very common thing that you see, particularly from Leeds, Forest and Villa fans.

I had much more of a rant about it typed up the other day but didnt post.

• Admin
On 10/08/2018 at 16:47, daored said:

When are the next batch of TV games announced ?

TV selection dates 2018/19 

• Remainder of August Selections for 11 August to 25 August by 28 June
  • Selections for 1 September to 29 September by 27 July
  • Selections for 3 October to 10 November by 24 August
  • Selections for 17 November to 8 December by 12 October
  • Selections for 15 December to 12 January by 9 November
  • Selections for 19 January to 2 February by 14 December
  • Selections for 9 February to 2 March by 4 January
  • Selections for 9 March to 30 March by 1 February
  • Selections for 6 April and 10 April by 1 March
  • Selections for 13 April by 8 March
  • Selections for 19 April to 22 April by 15 March
  • Selections for 27 April by 5 April

- Clubs notified of selections for the final day following the completion of the penultimate round of matches

I think (or at least it seems) that the point of the opening poster has been missed. 

He’s not bothered how many times any given club is shown, but that the TV money should be equally shared. 

The latest EFL TV deal is £88.3m per season. You could easily give £2m per club in the Champ, £1m per club in L1 and £700k per club in L2. 

That means an even share of the money per club per league and then sky can show whoever the **** they want as many times as they want, but at least no team is benefitting from it. 

The model as it stands means that because more people would watch Leeds than would watch Brentford, means that Leeds are £millions better off, which is unfair. 

47 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think (or at least it seems) that the point of the opening poster has been missed. 

He’s not bothered how many times any given club is shown, but that the TV money should be equally shared. 

The latest EFL TV deal is £88.3m per season. You could easily give £2m per club in the Champ, £1m per club in L1 and £700k per club in L2. 

That means an even share of the money per club per league and then sky can show whoever the **** they want as many times as they want, but at least no team is benefitting from it. 

The model as it stands means that because more people would watch Leeds than would watch Brentford, means that Leeds are £millions better off, which is unfair. 

Exactly M8

Archived