IGNORED

NFL 2018 Season

EmersonsRed

1 minute ago, Super said:

Thought that Mccoy bloke did ok.

Yeah, my fear is though that it’s a different matter doing from the start of a game & for numerous games, compared to just a quarter or two.

You only have to look at Fitzpatrick & Winston at Tampa, both do alright for a quarter or two but as soon as they play from the start for a game or two they can’t produce & get replaced by the other one.

Losing Smith is a massive loss & I'd certainly be happier with a more experienced back-up coming in.

Hmm, the Skins are at Dallas for Thanksgiving - not much time to settle in a new QB - then at Philly and home to the struggling Giants. Not the easiest of schedules now. Last game of the regular is (home to) Philly again. Hogs will be on the vallium I suspect by Christmas.

In other games, I have to say I'm becoming more impressed by the Saints - they're good on both sides of the football and Brees in having a season above all others despite being the wrong side of 39. Anyone fancy an early punt  on New Orleans for the big party in February?

Rams have first blood against the Chiefs at home; I'll watch the rest tomorrow. A win tonight can mean clinching the league at the earliest on Bye Week if the Seahawks don't win at Carolina.

Even with out frailties being noticeable in the last two weeks it's nuts having a Magic Number of 2 already.

Wow. Be catching the highlights later.

21 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Saints flying, great to see! Defence has certainly stepped up the last couple of weeks, onto a Thanksgiving Night game with the Dirty Birds....

Gutted for Alex Smith, that looked horrific

You pretty much have to score 40 points to even have a chance against them at the moment. 

44 minutes ago, Super said:

Wow. Be catching the highlights later.

You pretty much have to score 40 points to even have a chance against them at the moment. 

Earlier in the season scoring 40 wouldn't have been a problem against us. Listened to a couple of podcasts on the way to work this morning, lots of people now tipping the Saints to win it, don't like that!

I done a prediction thing before the season started, I had Rams vs Steelers in the SB, beating Saints or Falcons and Patriots or Jaguars, can't remember. Wish I had a couple of quid on the big game, I can see that happening

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Earlier in the season scoring 40 wouldn't have been a problem against us. Listened to a couple of podcasts on the way to work this morning, lots of people now tipping the Saints to win it, don't like that!

I done a prediction thing before the season started, I had Rams vs Steelers in the SB, beating Saints or Falcons and Patriots or Jaguars, can't remember. Wish I had a couple of quid on the big game, I can see that happening

Is amazing that in 6 of the 10 games you have scored 40+ points. Patriots and Saints in SB I reckon.

3 hours ago, Erithacus said:

What a shootout! I'll be interested to see how both these teams respond for next week's games as I think that will be a bigger indicator of potential over the coming months.

Rams are on their bye week, I think? They will need it after that!

2 hours ago, Super said:

Defense let us down at vital times. Thought Mccoy did fairly well.

I thought we were poor throughout the team, apart from the TD in the first half, we didn’t really get anything going offensively, there could be any number of reasons for that, McCoy not being good enough (I personally don’t think he is) & the lack of options available to him. Our wideout options are pitiful & if Peterson doesn’t move the ball we are generally going to struggle & that was the case last night.

The defence is what we’ve concentrated on (recruitment wise) but there were to many individual mistake / slips & yes it could be said that that’s unlucky but it’s happening to many times for my liking.

I really hope that this was just a blip but we are a long way away from being able to realistically compete properly.

I would suggest that the recruitment needs to be concentrated on the other side of the ball now & we’ll probably need a new QB, a few wideouts & better options regarding RB’s although if Thompson was available it would make a slight difference but how long can we continue to rely on an aging Peterson?

10 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I thought we were poor throughout the team, apart from the TD in the first half, we didn’t really get anything going offensively, there could be any number of reasons for that, McCoy not being good enough (I personally don’t think he is) & the lack of options available to him. Our wideout options are pitiful & if Peterson doesn’t move the ball we are generally going to struggle & that was the case last night.

The defence is what we’ve concentrated on (recruitment wise) but there were to many individual mistake / slips & yes it could be said that that’s unlucky but it’s happening to many times for my liking.

I really hope that this was just a blip but we are a long way away from being able to realistically compete properly.

I would suggest that the recruitment needs to be concentrated on the other side of the ball now & we’ll probably need a new QB, a few wideouts & better options regarding RB’s although if Thompson was available it would make a slight difference but how long can we continue to rely on an aging Peterson?

Are we done this season now or is there still hope? I see the Cowboys have the Saints next week.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Are we done this season now or is there still hope? I see the Cowboys have the Saints next week.

But the Cowboys have a more favourable run in, we have the majority of our games on the road & unless we have a massive change in luck & start getting some options back, I think we probably are done & when you consider how poor the division is, that’s a shame.

Injuries have decimated us & even our lines are having to be swapped around more or less weekly because of our injury record this season.

Couple of points for me after this weekend

Fair play to the 49ers for releasing Reuben Foster. I was gutted at the time they traded up and stole him from the Saints in the 2017 draft, as a player he was just what we needed at the time. We took Ryan Ramczyk instead and never looked back. RF sounds like a complete tosser, hopefully this is the nudge he needs to turn his life around (firstly, and most importantly) and get himself back on a pitch

Great to see the Browns sticking it to Hue Jackson and co, and on the road. I think if they had lost again it would have been the worst run on the road in modern era NFL history. You will all know I have a soft spot for the Browns, so great to see them becoming relevant. Think they've drafted really well over the last two years, they will be a force in another year or two if they keep them all fit, manage their cap and find the right man at HC next season. Which, because they are the Browns, they probably won't!

No offence to all the Packers fans on here, but was glad they got beat last night. Love seeing the 'big' boys struggling after years of domination. Them, Steelers and Patriots, when they all implode I'm going to enjoy that

Broncos and Cowboys rolling. Not a fan of either, but both gathering some momentum at the right time for a late charge. May be a little too late for the Broncos, but Cowboys worry me

And the beautiful Saints can wrap up the Division with a win (against the Cowboys!) and a Panthers defeat next weekend

Love this time of the year, going to be some great games coming up

4 minutes ago, Super said:

I see the Redskins are getting slated for signing this Reuben Foster bloke.

In fairness, all we’ve done is claim him off the waivers, if the allegations against him are found to be true it’s unlikely he’l Ever play for us. We have 4 other defensive players that played with him at Alabama & they have apparently been asked their opinions of him.

He’s not even allowed to train with us let alone attend games, basically he’s only allowed to attend tactical meetings, that’s it so he won’t be having an affect on the team this season (I wouldn’t of thought).

And the lad can clearly play, it’s just his off field antics that are more than just a little bit questionable but maybe a move to the other side of the country may finally help him get his life back on track? And once again I’d say it has to be questioned about the amount of money a young person is given at the very start of their career, we’ve had it over here with our footballers, they suddenly think they are superstars & can do what they want, when they want & as we know, that simply isn’t the case.

if he’s found guilty, then he’ll be released without ever playing for us, if he’s found not guilty, we’ll have ourselves a first round draft pick of only a year ago & while it may not be morally the perfect thing to of done, I’d suggest it’s a risk worth taking, if he does get to stay, he’ll have people around him that can hopefully help control him.

I don't think you'll find money has anything to do with Foster's behaviour, Tipps. He was a ***** at college, he got sent home from the combine and this is (at least) the second time he's been in trouble in SF

I do hope that the allegations are false and he can continue his career, because he could be a really special player. But if it's true, throw the key away

51 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I don't think you'll find money has anything to do with Foster's behaviour, Tipps. He was a ***** at college, he got sent home from the combine and this is (at least) the second time he's been in trouble in SF

I do hope that the allegations are false and he can continue his career, because he could be a really special player. But if it's true, throw the key away

Money doesn’t help these young men though, yes reward them for their achievement but there is no need for anyone to go from relatively nothing to becoming a multimillionaire overnight, hold a large percentage of any deal until a certain age or stage of their contract has been reached. That way if anyone misbehaves in anyway they aren’t rewarded for their actions but you reward them for achieving something.

I’m not talking about only allowing them $30,000 a year or something like that, allow them to buy a nice house, car etc but by having been given obscene amounts of money, they suddenly think they are entitled to anything & everything they desire, whether it be right or wrong & that can do more harm than good.

From what I’ve read, the four at Washington that he has already played with at Alabama have said only good things about him & that was enough to convince the Skins to move for him. No other franchise was in for him & if anything, I’d the one thing the Skins are covered for right now (or the immediate future) is defensive players, so we aren’t desperate for a linebacker, especially one that probably wouldn’t be available to play until next season.

The too much too young state has to stop / change because too many of these players (not just in the NFL) are wasting their talents because they’ve already ‘made it’ financially as far as they are concerned.

Archived