IGNORED

NFL 2018 Season

EmersonsRed

11 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Didn't Marino get to SB in his 2nd season as well?

No, the Dolphins went to Superbowl XIX, losing to the 'Niners, but fell short in 1985 when the Pats did them in the Conference game. If Mahomes can get to the big show and come home a winner he'll be ahead of Marino.

11 hours ago, Erithacus said:

No, the Dolphins went to Superbowl XIX, losing to the 'Niners, but fell short in 1985 when the Pats did them in the Conference game. If Mahomes can get to the big show and come home a winner he'll be ahead of Marino.

I stand corrected, thank you!
Remember that Superbowl well. The first one I was properly aware of, Marino was the first QB I remember watching. I was gutted the 9ers won that one, still don't like them 30+ years later!

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

I'm over the freaking moon

That must be the Freaking Super Blood Wolf Moon, I'm guessing. Just timed for the end of the game. :cool:

Meanwhile, the Pats are looking ominously slick. Only Mahomes will be able to save the Chiefs, as the D isn't stopping them.

44 minutes ago, devoncider said:

So Chargers fans... who are we rooting for in the SB?

Patriots because we don't want to lose anymore floating LA fans, and we can say we lost to the SB champs?

Or the Rams because **** the Pats?

Who cares lets just celebrate the Saints getting beat eh @Woodsy?! :dancing6:

Terrible calls in the Saints game. The fact that no one I have seen, listened to or read thinks it wasn't a PI flag just shows how obvious it was

Saints would have run the clock down and kicked the FG and be on their way

That being said, fair play to the Rams I thought they deserved it

My little boy woke up just as the KC TD was ruled out, the one from the punt, was it Amendola? Correct decision, but gutted that the Chiefs got beat

Again, that being said, that is why Brady is the GOAT. What a player. 9th Superbowl, going for a 6th ring. That is just unbelievable. Cannot wait for this dynasty to come to a close though ?

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Terrible calls in the Saints game. The fact that no one I have seen, listened to or read thinks it wasn't a PI flag just shows how obvious it was

Saints would have run the clock down and kicked the FG and be on their way

That being said, fair play to the Rams I thought they deserved it

My little boy woke up just as the KC TD was ruled out, the one from the punt, was it Amendola? Correct decision, but gutted that the Chiefs got beat

Again, that being said, that is why Brady is the GOAT. What a player. 9th Superbowl, going for a 6th ring. That is just unbelievable. Cannot wait for this dynasty to come to a close though ?

Shocking call in fairness. Think a lot of calls throughout the season have been weird.

An exceptional pair of games to watch last night and I'm glad I stayed up to see them. Some fabulous plays, some terrible decisions but the NFL's equivalent of 'end-to-end' football. Wow.

Overall it was gripping, although the officials were doing their best to unsettle things. Will the NFL have a closer look at VAR? However, the results are in the book and it's a good prospect of another entertaining Superbowl. I'll order the pizza now...

15 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Oerall it was gripping, although the officials were doing their best to unsettle things. Will the NFL have a closer look at VAR? However, the results are in the book and it's a good prospect of another entertaining Superbowl. I'll order the pizza now...

It does seem odd that you can't challenge penalties.

What are peoples thoughts on the London games next season;

London will see the Rams play the Cincinnati Bengals, the Chicago Bears face the Oakland Raiders, the Houston Texans take on the Jacksonville Jaguars and the Carolina Panthers versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Mexico City's Azteca Stadium will host another international game, as the Kansas City Chiefs face the Los Angeles Chargers.

Good to have the Rams and Bears over not so sure about the rest Mexico appear to have the best match up despite their pitch woes. I'll be selling a kidney to try and get Bears tickets but knowing my luck will be half term when I'm in Portugal!

5 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

It does seem odd that you can't challenge penalties.

That old chestnut that kills a lot of the good name of video reviews - 'Inadvertent whistle!'

As for the International Series in London: Four up! But I'll be glad to see anyone play, especially at the new White Hart Lame Lane. Hopefully I'll be able to get there.

It's Super Sunday! Get the pizzas in and settle down: the great day is here.

What are the esteemed panel's thoughts? I know the Rams have a slight edge on the stats in many areas, but I reckon they have been marred when Frank Lampard's Derby County sent a message of good luck to their namesakes.       :bonkers:       Consequently, the bookies seem to have the Pats as slight favourites. If New England can show the sort of grit they showed in the previous two games I think they will win. Next question is: will Terrific Tom™ hang up his helmet? More important thought is 'which pizza shall I order'? All to be revealed later...   :chant6ez::yawn:

Archived