IGNORED

NFL 2018 Season

EmersonsRed

A Superbowl that was not widely predicted or anticipated. Defense held sway almost the whole game - a game for the purists or Belichick admirers. Somehow Hollywood football looked so difficult compared to the shootouts that had been commonplace this season. Just the one TD and the NFL's throne remains occupied by Brady, helped immensely by Edelman.

Goff looked like a rookie at Spring camp and was totally beaten all night; the running game was not effective enough and the passing fell short due to the pressure that the Patriot D heaped on him. For a real, gritty, no-inch-given chess match Bill Belichick showed his mastery. Oddly, Brady had a taste of the same medicine for long periods, but it was the intelligence of Edelman who made the difference tonight. The Patriots don't look in the mood to step aside soon. Much has been said about how many people hate them, largely enviously, but that is called motivation. They'll be more motivated next season.

(As for the half-time show, I was surprised to hear that Maroon 5 were not even third choice - the Kaepernick effect is still stinging the League.)

So here we are again, the Vincent T. Lombardi is heading to the Kraft family vaults once again (I bet Tiffany and Co. know their way there well enough). I like the way the players wipe the trophy before kissing it.

On 04/02/2019 at 03:33, Erithacus said:

A Superbowl that was not widely predicted or anticipated. Defense held sway almost the whole game - a game for the purists or Belichick admirers. Somehow Hollywood football looked so difficult compared to the shootouts that had been commonplace this season. Just the one TD and the NFL's throne remains occupied by Brady, helped immensely by Edelman.

Goff looked like a rookie at Spring camp and was totally beaten all night; the running game was not effective enough and the passing fell short due to the pressure that the Patriot D heaped on him. For a real, gritty, no-inch-given chess match Bill Belichick showed his mastery. Oddly, Brady had a taste of the same medicine for long periods, but it was the intelligence of Edelman who made the difference tonight. The Patriots don't look in the mood to step aside soon. Much has been said about how many people hate them, largely enviously, but that is called motivation. They'll be more motivated next season.

(As for the half-time show, I was surprised to hear that Maroon 5 were not even third choice - the Kaepernick effect is still stinging the League.)

So here we are again, the Vincent T. Lombardi is heading to the Kraft family vaults once again (I bet Tiffany and Co. know their way there well enough). I like the way the players wipe the trophy before kissing it.

Not a fan of Belichick at all but that was a masterclass in defensive coaching.

On another note, some Steelers fans have taken the result well?

https://www.facebook.com/BeerBellyOfficial/videos/vb.204505503404352/2270356693246449/?type=2&theater

18 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Really? Didn't expect that. I don't know if the Browns are a fully completed side just yet, but perhaps putting it out there for all to recognise. The question is whether OBJ jumped or was pushed.

Manning is 38 he aint no Brady, they need a QB imho.

Are they moving to a predominantly running offense with Barkley coming of an outstanding rookie season?

One thing for sure if OB and Mayfield stay fit, they'll be fireworks in Cleveland.

ESPN story

Archived