IGNORED

NFL 2018 Season

EmersonsRed

Seen bits of them, some good moments. Always have the thought in the  back of my mind that the programmes must be fairly heavily 'censored' - from the play aspect. Not censored from the trash talking though. Nice to see the apologies being put in before the programme starts.  :ranting::laughcont:

Clearly a team won't reveal much of their playbook at this stage of the season and will only allow the basic stuff that everyone else will be doing to air. As for the 'fly on the wall' angle, I don't think the best bits could be shown either - although they do show plenty of rough treatments and larking about. I do like the way the coaches will let O and D players have a good punch-up occasionally, just to keep them keen and focused.   :boxing:  If they don't bite when they're puppies...

6 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Seen bits of them, some good moments. Always have the thought in the  back of my mind that the programmes must be fairly heavily 'censored' - from the play aspect. Not censored from the trash talking though. Nice to see the apologies being put in before the programme starts.  :ranting::laughcont:

Clearly a team won't reveal much of their playbook at this stage of the season and will only allow the basic stuff that everyone else will be doing to air. As for the 'fly on the wall' angle, I don't think the best bits could be shown either - although they do show plenty of rough treatments and larking about. I do like the way the coaches will let O and D players have a good punch-up occasionally, just to keep them keen and focused.   :boxing:  If they don't bite when they're puppies...

I guess it’s the little bits.

Like our ‘footballers’, they earn obscene amounts of money & while we tend to think that they all have it made but you don’t realise that players get cut from roster to roster & actually struggle to make a living for themselves because of the limitations on roster size & the salary cap.

Maybe it’s the fact that over here (the UK), we don’t get the designated channels to the NFL, so we don’t get to see the little intricacies like they do stateside, so seeing the bits about the Browns getting an RV in for the QB’s to ‘live’ in, is a little out of the norm & when they show how the franchise does their team bonding, it’s all stuff that you never think about, you (well me anyway) tend to think that players have it made with their multi-million dollar deals so why would they ever have any struggles or need to team bond because money is all anybody ever needs right?

In this particular season of it, to see the rookie being pulled by the police at ‘stupid o’clock’ in the morning & then him trying to keep it from the club officials despite them seemingly knowing something was up because of his demeanour & then his relief when the cat is let out the bag, it makes you realise that they are human & they worry about similar things as the ‘average Joe’ does.

I guess (without having seen it because I don’t have Netflix), the closest thing we have is this Man City documentary that has just been released? It would be nice if a different club was opened up every season, if it was just for preseason, just to give us that extra insight.

6 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

It's on Amazon and you can get a months free Amazon prime and cancel straight away, then you have a month to watch it mate

Life’s a bit up in the air at the moment, something I’ll look to do when life settles down a bit (maybe) but thanks for the info.

2 hours ago, BS10 RED said:

Beer in the fridge ready for the evening ahead.

Come on you Chargers 

Glad there's another Chargers fan on here.

I have a good feeling about this year, just need to cut the bad luck with injuries (annoying now that Bosa may be out for up to 4 weeks...)

Beating the Chiefs for the first time in 8 will be a big statement.

Fight for LA!

After a summer with a World Cup, some baseball drifting along in the gaps, the wait is officially over! Time to buckle up the chinstrap and lower the boom. Game Time!    :chant6ez:

Apart from the opener. Was all set with me pizza for a late-ish one and the storm blew me to bed without a toss of a coin. Rats. Still, Sunday is underway now and it's great to see the NFL again. (And the college games, not forgetting!)

Some quality plays tonight already. Are there any gems starting to make a name for themselves? And are people saying Neil reynolds is Sky's answer to Roger Malone? :whistle:

46 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Thank God I was busy and missed it. 48 to the Bucs, **** me ?

Looks like the Appleton sisters are planning on playing like Newcastle under Keegan but just couldn’t manage it yesterday.

I really thought the Appleton’s had spent the off season sorting the defence out but it looks like they have a lot more work to do!

It was good to see Brees & Kamara start off the season well though (in fantasy terms).

And what about the Skins? Peterson & Smith both did very well for their first game, let’s just hope we can keep some players fit for the season.

16 hours ago, devoncider said:

Glad there's another Chargers fan on here.

I have a good feeling about this year, just need to cut the bad luck with injuries (annoying now that Bosa may be out for up to 4 weeks...)

Beating the Chiefs for the first time in 8 will be a big statement.

Fight for LA!

Well that wasn't the start we wanted ha!ha! Made a late rally in the last quarter but sadly not  enough.

The first ever NFL game i saw about 5 years ago was a Chargers game and they won so i picked them to follow. It wasn't till i started to learn more that they wasn't the best team to pick ?. Still could be a Browns fan i guess ha ha

Just now, BS10 RED said:

Well that wasn't the start we wanted ha!ha! Made a late rally in the last quarter but sadly not  enough.

The first ever NFL game i saw about 5 years ago was a Chargers game and they won so i picked them to follow. It wasn't till i started to learn more that they wasn't the best team to pick ?. Still could be a Browns fan i guess ha ha

Haven't seen the game but I gather our wide outs dropped 3/4 passes when wide open? Only the Chargers...

I was introduced via a friend playing Madden and picked a team based on the logo I liked the most - that was 10 years ago and I still haven't quite forgiven myself for getting behind the then San Diego Chargers.

How we under achieved so badly with a roster including Brees,Rivers,LT,Merriman,Vincent Jackson,Gates etc is amazing

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Looks like the Appleton sisters are planning on playing like Newcastle under Keegan but just couldn’t manage it yesterday.

I really thought the Appleton’s had spent the off season sorting the defence out but it looks like they have a lot more work to do!

It was good to see Brees & Kamara start off the season well though (in fantasy terms).

And what about the Skins? Peterson & Smith both did very well for their first game, let’s just hope we can keep some players fit for the season.

The idea that you can score as many as you want and not worry about what is going on with the D is only going to get you so far
I'm not overly bothered, but the fact it was a Divisional game, at home is a problem. And it was the Bucs, with a back up QB. Actually, I am bothered!! Kamara pretty much single handed won me a fantasy match up last night, what a great start for him

Great win for the Skins, fair play. Sky Bet have some special bets on right now, all at 53/1 (SB 53 this year, in case anyone wondered why the weird odds!), I got Alex Smith to throw a TD in all 16 regular season games, so I'll be keeping an eye on him. I quite like him, I don't think you done that badly out of Cousins wanting out. He's not flashy, but he'll do a job

Gutted the Browns couldn't get that W, got a soft spot for them. And they come to NO next week, was hoping they'd get that monkey off their back before that game!

40 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

The idea that you can score as many as you want and not worry about what is going on with the D is only going to get you so far
I'm not overly bothered, but the fact it was a Divisional game, at home is a problem. And it was the Bucs, with a back up QB. Actually, I am bothered!! Kamara pretty much single handed won me a fantasy match up last night, what a great start for him

Great win for the Skins, fair play. Sky Bet have some special bets on right now, all at 53/1 (SB 53 this year, in case anyone wondered why the weird odds!), I got Alex Smith to throw a TD in all 16 regular season games, so I'll be keeping an eye on him. I quite like him, I don't think you done that badly out of Cousins wanting out. He's not flashy, but he'll do a job

Gutted the Browns couldn't get that W, got a soft spot for them. And they come to NO next week, was hoping they'd get that monkey off their back before that game!

Yeah, I got on a few of those bets, also backed the enhanced treble touchdown scorers for yesterday to the tune of just under £400!

The Saints seemed to be playing that way last season & as we all knew, they weren’t exactly strong on ‘D’ but I thought they tried solving that issue during the off season but to give up that many points to Fitzpatrick & co is a bit of an embarrassment.

I’ll be keeping a little eye on The Browns off the back of Hardknocks, it was good to see Josh Gordon on the board, hope it’ll keep his nose clean.

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Anyone see Aaron Rodgers rally the Packers from 0-20 down at HT to win 24-23 and with an injured knee?

Great QB - said after the game he had to get back out as the opposition was the Chicago Bears - GB Packers arch enemy...

Just watched the replay. Some game and some performance from Rodgers after what looked like the threat of a real flop at Lambeau. Crazy game.

1 hour ago, EmersonsRed said:

Darnold is awesome @El Hombrecito. Awful play calling throughout for me, the 3rd down where close to FG range and dropped it back to Robby Anderson number 2 stupid play call after the 1st play of game.

Darnold made that throw a lot in college but coverage a hell of a lot better in NFL.

He is a special player for me

Yeah that Anderson play was a strange one. There was no way he was getting back to even the line of scrimmage, despite him basically being a dreadlocked Usain Bolt.

Very silly first play but quality after that. Can forgive him that in his first ever play in the NFL - can only imagine the nerves.

With Darnold on board and a huge amount of cap space to play with next year (and hopefully coinciding with Brady's decline...) do I dare to dream? ???

Josh Gordon being released by The Browns!

Substance abuse by all accounts, The Browns have given him plenty of opportunities to sort himself in the hope that he’d be their saviour & it just seems like there is no helping some people. As for Gordon, he has / had the opportunity to have what millions of people would of died for & yet he goes & wastes it all & the trouble is, someone will probably take him on, on another massive contract which guarantees him millions whether he plays or not & he’ll just continue to waste his life, such a shame.

Archived