IGNORED

Bolton Wanderers v Bristol City Match Day 2

First half in a nutshell......City are the better team, look comfortable up to the half way line (Bolton seem content to let us play it out from the back) then we are lacking creativity/ideas/final ball. AW is isolated and generally being fed long, hopeful balls.

Need to generate some creativity in midfield and get better support/supply to AW. Little so far of NE (or anyone else) wiping in dangerous crosses. Need to turn poccession into an end product.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can sort of see the makings of last seasons good form at limited times, but we’re just missing that spark up front. In fact I can’t think of a single attempt at goal barring an over hit free kick that unintentionally hit the post.

Carrying Pato again doesn’t help. 

We’re playing better than Bolton, but that’s not hard. If we don’t win games like this, then be warned, we’ll be in the mix at the bottom come May. 

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

still taking childish pleasure in Cardiff and Fulham losing yes I know he! he! can't help myself.

It seems highly unlikely.... but if we swapped positions in 12 months i would have an even bigger grin on my face and if boro don’t go up. The grass isn’t always greener and all that. 

Well currently it is, but just you wait

• Like 1

Pretty dominant first half, probably 60/70% possession and I bet the fouls are high for them. Very cynical.

Lacking that killer instinct right now, but to be fair they’re putting plenty behind the ball. 

Paterson has dropped deep a lot to get involved, so Weimann has looked isolated at times.

O’Dowda keeps wanting to come inside, so little width left and Niclas largly quiet first half. 

We look solid if unspectacular, but solid, haven’t been threatened at all yet. 

Need more in the final third, I’d like to see us stretch wide rather than go for the one touches all the time to our trick/pace through the crowded middle.

kelly excellent, keeper looks good too.(kiss of death)

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You can sort of see the makings of last seasons good form at limited times, but we’re just missing that spark up front. In fact I can’t think of a single attempt at goal barring an over hit free kick that unintentionally hit the post.

Carrying Pato again doesn’t help. 

We’re playing better than Bolton, but that’s not hard. If we don’t win games like this, then be warned, we’ll be in the mix at the bottom come May. 

Is that an arrestable offense ? 

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Good City following here, poor turnout from Bolton esp given its their first home game. 

City done a lot of passing, mostly side to side. Tactic seems to be the ball over the top but all have been iverhit so far. 

Stand outs so far

Kelly (Joe who?)

Webster appears to be a footballer

Brownhill ( although often he us the deepest lying player collecting the ball from the goalie)

Pato one ling range shot otgerwise nothing

Eliasson not in the game at all

O’Dowda has had to contest 5 headers, havent seen the ball played to his feet yet. 

Wiemann a lot of good rubs which noone is spotting. 

Pack not in the game

Baker solid. 

All Bolton have done is foul, how did they ever beat West Brom?  Hoping I don’t find out second half. 

Can’t agree that Pack isn’t in the game. Playing the quarter back role solidly for me.

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

OK we look comfortable but FFS Bolton are shit they look like a pub side, the tippy tappy getting nowhere passing looks pretty but when we get into good forward positions the final ball, crossing, corners, free kicks and especially our long balls need to radically improve they are woeful.

If we lose this the team should be ashamed of themselves.

Pub side correct, they can barely pass to each other. Ergo, we lose from a set piece.