IGNORED

Bolton Wanderers v Bristol City Match Day 2

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Meh.

Sounds like on the balance of the match we really should really have won that, pretty comfortably in truth.

Need to be able to defend however, and from 2-0 down it has to go down as a good point. Not sure we will play many poorer sides this year,  they sounded really jiggly, but in a league as tight as this you have to be able t9 keep clean sheets in matches like this.

It is what it is. We still look very much work in progress. 

Sounds like being the key...

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

You need to ask yourself if you believe we have improved on last season

Sounds like same old same old to me 

Did you watch? Guessing not if you rubbished my post as we actually played some very good football.

Always makes me wonder how people form such strong opinions based on radio and text. 

• Like 5

Shows that this team hasnt lost its fighting spirit. Nothing to get too excited about result wise, but that team don't half attack with purpose. Good fun to watch...

Just felt today (again) we lacked that real quality up front to score when on top. Weimann did well and scored, but that was a game made for Fam or dare I say it Djuric.

We look good when we let rip . All this sterile passing around at the back is ok if there is some movement, speed and attacking intent  at the end of it .

I am happy with a point .

We are still settling in new players and it's looking ok .

Weiman , 3 in 3 ! Hope he's not too badly injured he got a knock and limped off when subbed. Would be just our luck to lose him .

Keeper did Ok.

Defence looking sound even if we shipped two goals . Webster has some lovely passes in him .

Eisa will score soon he is always in the right place at the right time.

• Like 6

Nice to be on the right end of a comeback for once.

Sucker punch 1st goal from a corner. The second, mistakes all round. Baker, Brownhill and Pack IIRC all ball watching. Sometimes we over play it and get punished, that felt like one of those times.

Great comeback though and spirit, Bolton away is not easy. They're physical and cynical but we should take heart from getting back in it.

Pack, tremendous pass to pick out Weimann, who I read at least once a day on here won't score many goals, is 2 in 2.

Pato with a very good finish for the equaliser, but otherwise very very frustrating. Misplaced passes and control, one very poor set piece at the death.

Impressed with Weimann, Watkins, Kelly was assured. 

Very nearly nicked it at the end when Taylor outmuscled his man and scrapped a sqaure ball to Eisa, who was just beaten by the defender who poked it agonisingly wide for a corner.

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

We look good when we let rip . All this sterile passing around at the back is ok if there is some movement, speed and attacking intent  at the end of it .

I am happy with a point .

We are still settling in new players and it's looking ok .

Weiman , 3 in 3 ! Hope he's not too badly injured he got a knock and limped off when subbed. Would be just our luck to lose him .

Keeper did Ok.

Defence looking sound even if we shipped two goals . Webster has some lovely passes in him .

Eisa will score soon he is always in the right place at the right time.

Baker does not look sound! Watch how he just watched the ball go by him for their second goal.

• Like 1

Please do not spin this as anything other than what it is another poor performance against an incredibly poor side, it took 2 goals against us before we upped our game from a painfully slow, obvious and stuttering performance to actually put some real effort in and moving at pace.

We only started to create after we conceded 2 goals, the languid, slow almost negative style does not suit us, we are clearly better moving at pace.

Paterson scoring means he will now be undroppable for the next 20 or so games, the free kick near the end is more of an indication of his form.

As far as LJ is concerned if he says in his post match interview that Bolton are good side he is ******* liar and 21 points from the last 24 league games no wins in our last 6 is his recent record and he needs to improve.

We created sweet FA until we conceded 2, our final ball, crossing, corners, free kicks and even long balls were woeful all afternoon, we lack creativity in midfield.

• Like 5

Honestly don't understand people bashing this side halfway through the second game! Especially when our defence consisted of two new signings and a talented but inexperienced Kelly, Eliasson who's only just made the squad/first 11 this season along with newboys maenpaa and Weimann.  That's essentially half a new team starting, it's going to take a good 10 or so games before this team clicks, honestly shocked that some are surprised we're dodgy in some areas at the moment.  This team will get better as the season goes on, the signs are there but it's going to take a few games for it to all gel together just don't be surprised if we have a slow start!

Edited by RedBrizzleRobin
  • Like 7

One thing that listening to the game annoyed the hell out of me was our final substitution.  All for Eisa coming on as he's a goal threat.  Problem I have is with the manager taking off our main set piece taker.  In the 3 minutes without Eliasson, we made a mess of 2 excellent set piece opportunities through poor delivery.  Sorry but it's flipping obvious that you leave your set piece taker on the pitch if you're going for a win...

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

As far as LJ is concerned if he says in his post match interview that Bolton are good side he is ******* liar and 21 points from the last 24 league games no wins in our last 6 is his recent record and he needs to improve.

Apparently LJ is not under pressure, this season is a clean slate and 22 of those games mean nothing though. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Did you watch? Guessing not if you rubbished my post as we actually played some very good football.

Always makes me wonder how people form such strong opinions based on radio and text. 

How many games last season did we not take chances to then completely balls it up at the back?

We continue to give away shocking goals. How many games last season did we just gift the opposition goals?

Bolton are dreadful. We are gonna be playing far superior teams then them this season 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Nice to be on the right end of a comeback for once.

Sucker punch 1st goal from a corner. The second, mistakes all round. Baker, Brownhill and Pack IIRC all ball watching. Sometimes we over play it and get punished, that felt like one of those times.

Great comeback though and spirit, Bolton away is not easy. They're physical and cynical but we should take heart from getting back in it.

Pack, tremendous pass to pick out Weimann, who I read at least once a day on here won't score many goals, is 2 in 2.

Pato with a very good finish for the equaliser, but otherwise very very frustrating. Misplaced passes and control, one very poor set piece at the death.

Impressed with Weimann, Watkins, Kelly was assured. 

Very nearly nicked it at the end when Taylor outmuscled his man and scrapped a sqaure to Eisa who was just beaten by the defender who poked it agonisingly wide for a corner.

Correct about Taylor, he created the chance by persistence. Many will never forgive his past though. Paterson goal ensures he'll start against Boro. Which is about all he did. Watkins added muscle and good driving runs + through pass to Weimann which he mysteriously dragged back when shooting across the keeper was odds on. Packs defense splitting pass the champagne moment. 

• Like 1