IGNORED

Bolton Wanderers v Bristol City Match Day 2

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Please do not spin this as anything other than what it is another poor performance against an incredibly poor side, it took 2 goals against us before we upped our game from a painfully slow, obvious and stuttering performance to actually put some real effort in and moving at pace.

We only started to create after we conceded 2 goals, the languid, slow almost negative style does not suit us, we are clearly better moving at pace.

Paterson scoring means he will now be undroppable for the next 20 or so games, the free kick near the end is more of an indication of his form.

As far as LJ is concerned if he says in his post match interview that Bolton are good side he is ******* liar and 21 points from the last 24 league games no wins in our last 6 is his recent record and he needs to improve.

We created sweet FA until we conceded 2, our final ball, crossing, corners, free kicks and even long balls were woeful all afternoon, we lack creativity in midfield.

Understand some of the sentiment but a little harsh. 16 attempts on goal and they didn’t all come at 0-2. 

We don’t look lacking creatively for me, we look lacking in someone who can finish them off (enter Diedhiou). 

All in all not going to grumble about a 2-2 after going 2 down. It’s a good result whatever way it’s spun and we’re still unbeaten. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

How many games last season did we not take chances to then completely balls it up at the back?

We continue to give away shocking goals. How many games last season did we just gift the opposition goals?

Bolton are dreadful. We are gonna be playing far superior teams then them this season 

You're just a negative version of Thatch

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

How many games last season did we not take chances to then completely balls it up at the back?

We continue to give away shocking goals. How many games last season did we just gift the opposition goals?

Bolton are dreadful. We are gonna be playing far superior teams then them this season 

So no, you didn’t watch. 

Newsflash - pretty much every team will concede goals in this league. Many of them will be soft. Stoke, WBA and Boro have all conceded soft goals already this season. They’re all considerably better than us.

We’re two games in after a considerable squad upheaval. If you’d watched the game you’d know there areactually a lot of positives to take. Several players look sharper than last season and the new lads all look like offering something good. 

If Diedhiou had been on that pitch he’d have had a field day. 

Edited by BRISTOL86
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Understand some of the sentiment but a little harsh. 16 attempts on goal and they didn’t all come at 0-2. 

We don’t look lacking creatively for me, we look lacking in someone who can finish them off (enter Diedhiou). 

All in all not going to grumble about a 2-2 after going 2 down. It’s a good result whatever way it’s spun and we’re still unbeaten. 

Remind me of a good chance before we were 2-0 down?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Remind me of a good chance before we were 2-0 down?

16 attempts on goal Es. I don’t know what the average in this league is but I’d wager it’s considerabky above it. 

Making them count is another matter of course but that wasn’t my point. We never looked remotely troubled at 0-0.

Maybe it was complacency. 

But it’s still frustrating to see people fail to take any kind of positive when there were lots there today for those willing to see them. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

16 attempts on goal Es. I don’t know what the average in this league is but I’d wager it’s considerabky above it. 

Making them count is another matter of course but that wasn’t my point. We never looked remotely troubled at 0-0.

But it’s still frustrating to see people fail to take any kind of positive when there were lots there today for those willing to see them. 

Gas lost, Crdiff lost, I think Swindle lost and the sky enhanced bet came in again

• Haha 1

There's no hiding from the fact that was pretty dire. Bolton are awful and we nearly let them come away with three points. First half we had a load of possession, created nothing and looked panicked whenever we got 25 yards from their goal. Second half we started off well, fell away and gave them two very basic goals before stepping up our game and coming away with a point. 

Taylor was excellent, we were missing an out and out striker and he provided that option, Watkins looked decent without really getting much of the ball and eisa looked sharp for the few minutes he was on the pitch. 

Overall though we are nothing more than a mid table side, we won't go down but if we want to challenge the top 10 we have to be more clinical on the ball, passing it around the middle of the pitch from side to side isn't going to win us games

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, RedBrizzleRobin said:

Honestly don't understand people bashing this side halfway though the second game! Especially when our defence consisted of two new signings and a talented but inexperienced Kelly, Eliasson who's only just made the squad/first 11 this season along with newboys maenpaa and Weimann.  That's essentially half a new team starting, it's going to take a good 10 or so games before this team clicks, honestly shocked that some are surprised we're dodgy in some areas at the moment.  This team will get better as the season goes on, the signs are there but it's going to take a few games for it to all gel together just don't be surprised if we have a slow start!

I posted same old City and I stand by that . 

Turgid , boring , safety first possession based stuff all played in our own half . Running down the clock to take a point .

When the shackles came off that again was the old City .

Early days , I am not worried as we will improve as the players get used to each other and the talent is there.

Well done lads .

Unbeaten in 2 .

• Like 2
Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Did you watch the game or listen to a commentary?

9 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Correct about Taylor, he created the chance by persistence. Many will never forgive his past though. Paterson goal ensures he'll start against Boro. Which is about all he did. Watkins added muscle and good driving runs + through pass to Weimann which he mysteriously dragged back when shooting across the keeper was odds on. Packs defense splitting pass the champagne moment. 

Seen no sign of that ever amongst City fans tbh.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I have no doubt you are a fan of BCFC.

It's just that your posting record suggests that you're not a very good one.

I just whole heartily don't rate our manager / head coach....or whatever you want to call him 

The bloke is so over rated it makes me cringe every time he opens his mouth and one of his 'sound bites' poor out 

Edited by Andy082005
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

might even attack a corner, 10 today and Bolton dealt with most of it very easily. That is a downside, no great threat from corners. Nobody brave enough in the box.

To be fair we’re never going to out-head Bolton are we. We’re not that kind of team, and obviously the threat of Flint has been removed. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There were some positives, we controlled the game in the first half, with only a couple of snapshots from Josh and an over hit cross against the woodwork to show for it, because of no real support for Weimann who was working his socks off again.

The frustration is it's a game we should won, Taylor in the No.10 role instead of Pato , or Eisa alongside Weimann and we probably could have turned our 70% possession in the first half into goals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

There were some positives, we controlled the game in the first half, with only a couple of snapshots from Josh and an over hit cross against the woodwork to show for it, because of no real support for Weimann who was working his socks off again.

The frustration is it's a game we should won, Taylor in the No.10 role instead of Pato , or Eisa alongside Weimann and we probably could have turned our 70% possession in the first half into goals.

Your second paragraph sums it up.

You could literally have said that a dozen times last season. Players have left...players have come in. Yet the same old same old...

Lots of pointless possession, no real end product , and weak at the back 

I'm not too unhappy- 2-0 down to 2-2, it's a point gained in that sense. We lost at Bolton last year, FWIW.

Sounds like we were shaky at the back- considering the churn, plus the absences of Frankie and Diddhiou however we will improve I think.

Bolton are not a good side by any stretch, but they are one of those who if anything like last season are horrible to play against. Listening on radio, sounded like the chance Eisa missed at the end was gilt edged...

On early evidence, don't think we'll go down but nor will we threaten the top 6 too much.