IGNORED

Reid and Bryan

Selred

Not had a chance to watch MOTD yet. ANy chance somebody could give a brief over-view of their performances.

From watching Soccer Saturday and speaking to some Blues fans, I hear Cardiff looked dreadful but Bobby was actually alright.

Fulham so say have a lot of work today but Bryan impressed, albeit going off with an ankle injury which makes him a doubt for next week.

On 12/08/2018 at 01:13, cheshire_red said:

Is it his mother’s maiden name, a large number of Afro-Caribbean descendent’s seem to be doing this?

Indeedy.

Once, possession of a double-barrelled name meant you were a member of the aristocracy. Now it usually indicates you're mixed race.

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

The long term ? Financially this move would have set him up for life .

It's a no lose situation ;

he doesn't score many goals = he's in a bad side , everyone has seen what he's capable of in the Championship 

he scores ten or more = transfer to lower or mid table Prem club when Cardiff go down.

He scores 20 or more = Biggish Prem club pays a fortune for him .

Everton, West Ham, Leicester...

Either way Bob's deservedly in the Prem this season and he will be more valuable after a season there.

Agree with this, his only gamble would have been to stay with us where if he does not have the same success as last year his value and earning potential would have fallen

On 11/08/2018 at 23:55, bengalcub said:

Bobby to Cardiff will go down as one of the strangest signings ever , he got his payday thanks to little lee converting him into a striker , but make the most of it bobby as you will be back in the championship next season Cardiff were jammy to go up and are totally out of their depth in the prem .

I think to say we were Jammy to go up is a bit of bitter jab to take at us. There is a league table in place, Cardiff finished 2nd.

Yeah we may be out of our depth in the Prem, but who cares. We'll enjoy our day in the sun. I'm sure this season and last season will have been my 2 most enjoyable years in the 25 I've been supporting Cardiff.

Thanks for your concern anyway

I do feel Bobby will struggle with Cardiff this season - I just can't see a player of his type thriving in a team who will have to feed off scraps all season. May even see him play a deeper role as the season progresses IMO.

As for Bryan, hard to say after the first game, yet I feel he has every chance of doing pretty well if Fulham can gel and pick up some points. 

I for one will be following their progress with interest - two city boys in the top league - I'll certainly be smiling if either score a worldie against some of the big boys.

33 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I'm not the one commenting on the Cardiff forum ? You alright Bluedredd or have you decided youd like wearing a red shirt again ? ?

Seems completed irrelevant that.. 

Seeing as you just want to argue irrelevant things... I've been a member of this forum longer than you have ?

54 minutes ago, underhanded said:

I do feel Bobby will struggle with Cardiff this season - I just can't see a player of his type thriving in a team who will have to feed off scraps all season. May even see him play a deeper role as the season progresses IMO.

As for Bryan, hard to say after the first game, yet I feel he has every chance of doing pretty well if Fulham can gel and pick up some points. 

I for one will be following their progress with interest - two city boys in the top league - I'll certainly be smiling if either score a worldie against some of the big boys.

I think we'll see that very soon. When we signed him I was under the impression he played more as a number 10? But obviously with big Ken out injured I think our intention was to get Reid up there to close down and be a nuisance.

I personally think he's good enough on the ball, and creative enough to get a few assists this season. I'm sure you'll all be keeping a close eye on him!

1 hour ago, BlueDredd said:

Seems completed irrelevant that.. 

Seeing as you just want to argue irrelevant things... I've been a member of this forum longer than you have ?

Didn't you know that OTIB stands for Only Talk Irrelevant Bollox?

2 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

I think to say we were Jammy to go up is a bit of bitter jab to take at us. There is a league table in place, Cardiff finished 2nd.

Yeah we may be out of our depth in the Prem, but who cares. We'll enjoy our day in the sun. I'm sure this season and last season will have been my 2 most enjoyable years in the 25 I've been supporting Cardiff.

Thanks for your concern anyway

That is a fair post. You don't get lucky over 46 games. I'm sure we'd all take a season in the Prem as long as we don't get embarrassed like Derby in 2007/08. 

4 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

No fair play to Bluedredd he didn't like my opinion that Cardiff were jammy to go up last season ? For me there a terrible side managed by a dinosaur 

The football wasn't pretty but you don't get lucky over 46 games. They were second and deserved to be there. 

9 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Problem being Capello I think Cardiff will be embarrassed like derby , only hope they had was to sack Warnock and back/ appoint a new boss , tough decision as he is  excellent at getting sides promoted but they will go down with him at the helm .

I couldn't disagree with this post more. Why would we sack Warnock? Without him we never would have the chance to be where we are now. He took our club from the bottom of the championship to Premier League in 18 months, and personally if we're relegated by Christmas I'd be more than happy to keep him on. He's the only reason we're here, so let him have a go at it and enjoy it.

On 12/08/2018 at 06:14, havanatopia said:

Why go from Reid to Flor Dona Dova Reid or whatever it is? Bizarre. His surname is Reid. Should be told to use that or you cant play.

Lot of old bollox.

When young Jennison broke through into our first team I’m sure his shirt was just Williams but the next season (or after he’d left for his next club) it was Myrie-Williams. No idea why. imagine the scenes if we signed Forbes Masters now! 

45 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

When young Jennison broke through into our first team I’m sure his shirt was just Williams but the next season (or after he’d left for his next club) it was Myrie-Williams. No idea why. imagine the scenes if we signed Forbes Masters now! 

I'm equally sure that he was always Myrie- Williams.

3 hours ago, BlueDredd said:

I think we'll see that very soon. When we signed him I was under the impression he played more as a number 10? But obviously with big Ken out injured I think our intention was to get Reid up there to close down and be a nuisance.

I personally think he's good enough on the ball, and creative enough to get a few assists this season. I'm sure you'll all be keeping a close eye on him!

not as close as those premiership defenders mind!

16 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Well done spoons bringing nothing to the forum as usual .... 

Obviously you will not sack Warnock ! 

However to stand any chance of surviving in my opinion he should of been replaced 

To suggest a manager who gets a team promoted should be sacked straight away is stupid ...... Even for you. I see you still haven't found out how to quote people yet?!

Archived