Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Selred

Reid and Bryan

Both start in the opening weekend of the premier league. 

Go on lads! Can’t wait to see them on MOTD later.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can’t bring myself to get excited about watching Reid in a Premier League Cardiff side somehow. 

Do feel similar, but wish him well all the same.

Also hope both Bryan has blinder and his replacement here in Kelly does similar.

• Like 1

I think Bobby up top on his own might work with those 2 pacy wingers alongside him in a 3 man attack. It stopped working for us because we didn't have pacy wingers to  get beyond him once O'Dowda was injured. Hope they both do well today.

Good to see them both starting, wish them both well personally. 

For some reason I don’t feel the same way about Cardiff since they left Ninnian Park. They lost their edge and nastiness somehow. Pretty neutral about them really, but wish Reid well. Hope both Reid and Bryan have great seasons. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 1

Whilst I appreciate not everyone cares now JBs gone, personally, now he’s moved to Fulham I’m hoping he does really well individually (whereas at Villa I would have been torn). I’m on holiday abroad and I managed to catch the Fulham / Palace game live on TV. Whilst the commentary was in Croatian, I heard Bristol mentioned at least 10 times!

JB played some lovely clipped balls down the channel to Sessegnon and had a half chance with a volley in the first half. He looked comfortable on the ball, which is obviously key to how Fulham play. 

I’ve been slightly critical of him defensively, so I don’t know whether I was looking for errors just to confirm my own opinion. He did let a cross in from the right where Benteke hit the bar with a header. On a few occasions I thought he was ball watching and an attacker got in front on him. I’d be interested to see how Fulham fans rate this part of his game as the season progresses.

Overall a good performance, shame he went off injured on 70 mins. Could be worth a punt in fantasy football if his injury isn’t too bad and you need a cheap defender as he may get some assists playing in Sessegnon and crossing for Mitrovic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dman_Red said:

Whilst I appreciate not everyone cares now JBs gone, personally, now he’s moved to Fulham I’m hoping he does really well individually (whereas at Villa I would have been torn). I’m on holiday abroad and I managed to catch the Fulham / Palace game live on TV. Whilst the commentary was in Croatian, I heard Bristol mentioned at least 10 times!

JB played some lovely clipped balls down the channel to Sessegnon and had a half chance with a volley in the first half. He looked comfortable on the ball, which is obviously key to how Fulham play. 

I’ve been slightly critical of him defensively, so I don’t know whether I was looking for errors just to confirm my own opinion. He did let a cross in from the right where Benteke hit the bar with a header. On a few occasions I thought he was ball watching and an attacker got in front on him. I’d be interested to see how Fulham fans rate this part of his game as the season progresses.

Overall a good performance, shame he went off injured on 70 mins. Could be worth a punt in fantasy football if his injury isn’t too bad and you need a cheap defender as he may get some assists playing in Sessegnon and crossing for Mitrovic.

That's a bit strange for the Isle of Wight.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Cardiff mate who watched said he barely got a touch and looks out of his depth,I said it’s probably because your lumping it as per normal and he said they were but he’s to lightweight 

Tbf... he is. Not his style and very suprised hes a warnock player. I swear he only bought him because its us.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Be interesting to review your comment at the end of the season.

Certainly will be,I think every city fan thought 10 million was well over the top which is why we couldn’t turn it down even tho it was bloody Cardiff,still be a 4 million player come the end of the season 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

18 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Tbf... he is. Not his style and very suprised hes a warnock player. I swear he only bought him because its us.

Bobby must’ve known about Cardiff’s style of play. I hope it’s not a move he comes to regret. Still, £10M though..

• Like 2

Welcome to the premier league boys!

Reid will work hard but not score many and unfortunately for him that’s not gonna be good enough in the premier league. Won’t be long until their fans turn on him.

Bryan will also get found out. On his day a very good player as proved against a few premier league teams last season. However his good days are not regular enough. He has clearly been signed by Fulham to play left back but how many people on here would even say that was his strongest position having seen him play for the last 7/8 years?

Regardless of the clubs they have signed for I wish them both success on personal level however I just can’t see it happening.

• Like 1

Hope Bobby plays a full season for them but doesn't score a single goal and they are relegated with the lowest points score. 

Wish JB all the best though.

Edited by screech
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Reid will work hard but not score many and unfortunately for him that’s not gonna be good enough in the premier league. Won’t be long until their fans turn on him.

Bryan will also get found out. On his day a very good player as proved against a few premier league teams last season. However his good days are not regular enough. He has clearly been signed by Fulham to play left back but how many people on here would even say that was his strongest position having seen him play for the last 7/8 years?

Regardless of the clubs they have signed for I wish them both success on personal level however I just can’t see it happening.

Fulham obviously see him as a left back. It doesn’t matter what we think his best position is.

I guess LJ was right all along.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The truth of the story is Bryan was Fulham second best performer according to their fans and many Cardiff rated Reid as an 8.

I think Bobby is going to find it hard going in a 'colin' team because he is a good footballer. And we know that's not necessarily what colin considers important!

35 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I agree about Reid, but I think Bryans head was gone after January. I think he'll be consistent this season in the prem.

45 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The truth of the story is Bryan was Fulham second best performer according to their fans and many Cardiff rated Reid as an 8.

Great

I hope Joe does really well , establishes himself in the side and Fulham stay up. However I hate Cardiff so I hope they lose every game. Bobby's got talent but always thought it was a strange move for him. Colins teams don't really play to Bobby's strengths 

53 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Great

He came off injured in 2nd half having rolled his ankle which he took a horrible knock to earlier in the half, he looked gutted, was hobbling like mad too.  It didn't look great.

Hopefully he is ok.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Yeah, a lot of their fans saying Bryan was a good shout for MOTM. Definitely had stagnated here and can see him being pretty useful in the prem if he has some fire in his belly. In all honestly I think him leaving was the best move for both parties as we weren't getting 100% from him any more. 

• Like 3

Watched most of Fulham game. Joe looked like the 'New Boy' to start but looked pretty comfortable on the ball. Few good touches, few mistakes but certainly looks like he'll settle in when he gels with his team mates. Good luck to him. Great lad!!

On MOTD, Bobby Reid had a triple-barrelled surname on the back of his shirt, on the brief glimpse visible on tv, it looks like Cor-Dova-Reid.  Anyone know the reason for this?

8 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Can’t bring myself to get excited about watching Reid in a Premier League Cardiff side somehow. 

Can’t get myself excited about watching the Premier league ⚫

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

On MOTD, Bobby Reid had a triple-barrelled surname on the back of his shirt, on the brief glimpse visible on tv, it looks like Cor-Dova-Reid.  Anyone know the reason for this?

The Cardiff kit man is dyslexic.

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Big time innit.

• Haha 1