IGNORED

Reid and Bryan

Selred

Bobby to Cardiff will go down as one of the strangest signings ever , he got his payday thanks to little lee converting him into a striker , but make the most of it bobby as you will be back in the championship next season Cardiff were jammy to go up and are totally out of their depth in the prem .

30 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Bobby to Cardiff will go down as one of the strangest signings ever , he got his payday thanks to little lee converting him into a striker , but make the most of it bobby as you will be back in the championship next season Cardiff were jammy to go up and are totally out of their depth in the prem .

We got a fantastic deal for Reid's sale but as sad and pathetic as it sounds I don't wish him well there at all. That side they had out today was pretty much a Championship side.

3 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

I'm aware this is probably gonna come across as being bitter but I'm not really interested in how either of them do. 

That's fair enough.

I won't follow either particularly closely, and hope Cardiff fail this season.

But individually I hope they do well as it would be a good showing of our academy and Bristol City could benefit from them playing well, be it through goal/assist/appearance bonuses, or a sell on clause.

Fulham I have no strong feelings about, so don't particularly care if they do well or not as a team.

It's an interesting move by Bobby in particular, because Cardiff will almost certainly be relegated this season and that will probably be his last sniff of the Premier League. That would leave him stranded at Cardiff in the Championship, when he could still have been idolised in front of his home crowd at AG. I don't blame him for making the move but I fear it may not be the best one for him in the long term.

I get why Reid (B.A.D.R ) moved to them, Prem football and shitloads of money, also a stage where if he does well he can move to a better club. As a football decision it was strange, he was at his best when we played short , quick, passing football and they don't do that. Watched some of it and he was a passenger for long periods, even when Cardiff had the ball, snapped at a midfielder at on stage for a poor pass. I hope he does well and gets a move somewhere that's a better fit................... us next year in the Prem ? ;)

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Perhaps it's just his Premier League name.  Does make you wonder if he would have used the same elongated name if he had remained with us this season.

I very much doubt it; would have been laughed off the park and rightly so.... because of his silly inconsistency not because of the name, in case the bloke below has another snide dig.

2 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

His surname is Decordova-Reid. 

Thank you for educating me but it does not answer why he has not always used it does it; is this just some stupid posey thing to do in the Premiership? Frankly, its plain daft.

BR will be on loan to a championship side come January, he just doesn’t suit Cardiff’s style of play and will struggle imo, Merson summed them up during the 1st half yesterday, pumping long balls up to Reid who was up top on his own.

12 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

It's an interesting move by Bobby in particular, because Cardiff will almost certainly be relegated this season and that will probably be his last sniff of the Premier League. That would leave him stranded at Cardiff in the Championship, when he could still have been idolised in front of his home crowd at AG. I don't blame him for making the move but I fear it may not be the best one for him in the long term.

The long term ? Financially this move would have set him up for life .

It's a no lose situation ;

he doesn't score many goals = he's in a bad side , everyone has seen what he's capable of in the Championship 

he scores ten or more = transfer to lower or mid table Prem club when Cardiff go down.

He scores 20 or more = Biggish Prem club pays a fortune for him .

Everton, West Ham, Leicester...

Either way Bob's deservedly in the Prem this season and he will be more valuable after a season there.

12 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

What’s was his signing on fee I wonder! 

14 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I very much doubt it; would have been laughed off the park and rightly so.... because of his silly inconsistency not because of the name, in case the bloke below has another snide dig.

Thank you for educating me but it does not answer why he has not always used it does it; is this just some stupid posey thing to do in the Premiership? Frankly, its plain daft.

Strong argument. Maybe you should let him know and he’ll change it back?

A few players in the premier league try and increase the brand of their names.

That name on the back of his shirt, probably links up with his twitter & instagram name. (not sure on the latter)

If you google searched ‘Reid’ Bobby probably wouldn’t show up for a few pages. Search Decordova-Reid and he will do straight away. 

Thats the only reason I can really think of him doing it after so many years.

On 12/08/2018 at 06:14, havanatopia said:

Why go from Reid to Flor Dona Dova Reid or whatever it is? Bizarre. His surname is Reid. Should be told to use that or you cant play.

Lot of old bollox.

Your right about bollox-sounds like an ego/image thing what with being a premier league player now with subsequent associated 'swelling of the undercarriage!

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

A few players in the premier league try and increase the brand of their names.

That name on the back of his shirt, probably links up with his twitter & instagram name. (not sure on the latter)

If you google searched ‘Reid’ Bobby probably wouldn’t show up for a few pages. Search Decordova-Reid and he will do straight away. 

Thats the only reason I can really think of him doing it after so many years.

Should've just used the name Decordova from the start - sounds far more exotic. We probably could've squeezed a few extra million out of Cardiff.

Archived