IGNORED

Bcfc.tv

grubby

I complained last year endlessly, but gave up on the standard of camera work. @AdamB

It is 100% better so far. No over zooming, just following play. 

Also it didn't crash once. Coupled with ability to watch on a mobile device. It seems good value. 

Last year it was horrible. Hats of to the club for massive improvement. 

17 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

How was the general quality of BCTV today? Last year was very hit and miss

Very good... Last season it seemed to freeze every now and again during a lot of the games, and for some matches several times. Zero freezes in first two games this season, and crowd noise volume was a bit better for Forest game, although is clearly still being muted to some extend. 

Overall excellent value with prices same as last season (£12.50pm / £110 for the season).

Last season I was able to watch the Full 90 minutes on BCTV as free content - ie not as a paying subscriber. This content does not seem to be available any more? Have they made this exclusive to the paying subscribers? Is it indeed still an option of paying? 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Last season I was able to watch the Full 90 minutes on BCTV as free content - ie not as a paying subscriber. This content does not seem to be available any more? Have they made this exclusive to the paying subscribers? Is it indeed still an option of paying? 

Nope, the full 90 minutes on a delayed basis as per last season isn't available either for free or to paying subscribers (other than those watching live at the time).

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

Nope, the full 90 minutes on a delayed basis as per last season isn't available either for free or to paying subscribers (other than those watching live at the time).

Really!! That’s very disappointing. Now that I can’t get it free I was probably willing to pay to subscribe (as I like to watch the full 90 back and analyse in detail). If it’s not an option even as a paying subscriber then bollocks to that 

1 hour ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Might be asking a stupid question but I assume you still have to be outside the UK to view this?

Yes BUT No!

There are 8 midweek fixtures this season and Sky has the rights to show all of them live. There will be one match chosen as the main match with the rest shown live via the red button.

The first midweek option is Tuesday away to QPR. You obviously have to be a Sky Sports subscriber!

3 hours ago, Bristol_Badger said:

Might be asking a stupid question but I assume you still have to be outside the UK to view this?

You are supposed to only be able to view if you are outside of the UK, but there are ways around this, it's been discussed many times on various BCTV threads so might be worth having a read through them. ?

18 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Yes BUT No!

There are 8 midweek fixtures this season and Sky has the rights to show all of them live. There will be one match chosen as the main match with the rest shown live via the red button.

The first midweek option is Tuesday away to QPR. You obviously have to be a Sky Sports subscriber!

Great explanation, thank you!

Are home and away games part of bctv if I can find a way?

2 hours ago, Bristol_Badger said:

If you can find a way by getting your bank account to pay a yearly subscription to BCTV, is what I think your asking?

It's called Direct Debit!

However, if you mean watching (I know you did really) then the official answer is as follows and is taken from the official site ... 

Supporters can subscribe to BCTV+ for the season for audio or video (note: the seasonal video option is only available for fans outside of the UK and Ireland) with pricing in line with the EFL’s price structure for those clubs who have remained in the new EFL Digital agreement.

For the first time ever, supporters within the UK & Ireland will also be able to watch the live stream of several mid-week games on a pay per view basis. Priced at £10 per game, fixtures available for this service will be announced during the season, with packages available to purchase on a per game basis from this page.

BCTV+ live video is available on desktop and laptop devices, as well as mobile devices through the official app, to users outside of the UK & Ireland. Costing £110 for 12 months, or for a £12.50 monthly fee, 

Apparently there are naughty ways of circumventing this but whilst my understanding is that it's not illegal for you to try other providers, as yet, it's certainly not recommended by me. So there!

Personally, I've booked my place at a friend's house who has Sky Sports and that lil ol' Red button ....here we come!

2 hours ago, Bristol_Badger said:

All league matches, home & away, are shown on BCTV... EXCEPT for any shown live on TV. Not sure if that will include matches available on Sky via the red button or not, will find out soon when it comes to QPR away match. 

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

If you can find a way by getting your bank account to pay a yearly subscription to BCTV, is what I think your asking?

It's called Direct Debit!

However, if you mean watching (I know you did really) then the official answer is as follows and is taken from the official site ... 

Supporters can subscribe to BCTV+ for the season for audio or video (note: the seasonal video option is only available for fans outside of the UK and Ireland) with pricing in line with the EFL’s price structure for those clubs who have remained in the new EFL Digital agreement.

For the first time ever, supporters within the UK & Ireland will also be able to watch the live stream of several mid-week games on a pay per view basis. Priced at £10 per game, fixtures available for this service will be announced during the season, with packages available to purchase on a per game basis from this page.

BCTV+ live video is available on desktop and laptop devices, as well as mobile devices through the official app, to users outside of the UK & Ireland. Costing £110 for 12 months, or for a £12.50 monthly fee, 

Apparently there are naughty ways of circumventing this but whilst my understanding is that it's not illegal for you to try other providers, as yet, it's certainly not recommended by me. So there!

Personally, I've booked my place at a friend's house who has Sky Sports and that lil ol' Red button ....here we come!

All that on the official site?

:thumbsup:

I saw a bit of the Bolton game on ifollow, the standard of the home commentary was at best biased at worst laughable. It was like when Sky use to get a couple of fans to commentate on games. Every decision fo us was met with uproar and they were still moaning about our first goal being offside well into the 90th minute. ?

Tom F - BCTV - pretty sure its only League games as Cup games have different TV rights.

Archived