IGNORED

Marlon Pack ....... quality

1960maaan

Not sure how I was supposed to end the heading, fact or end of ? you get the gist .
I've liked him for some time but he has improved year on year, along similar lines to how Flint improved.  He has always had more to his game than 'just' a holding MF but even now and then he comes up with a pass that shows his vision, like today.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure how I was supposed to end the heading, fact or end of ? you get the gist .
I've liked him for some time but he has improved year on year, along similar lines to how Flint improved.  He has always had more to his game than 'just' a holding MF but even now and then he comes up with a pass that shows his vision, like today.

That is an obnoxiously good pass. Love how he disguises those through balls.

Was a superb pass.  I really rate Marlon....but guilty in second half (only saw a few minutes of first half) of hitting two many long balls out to our left wing that didn’t find their target.  Imho, he just needed to keep playing the shorter ball.

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

Your on another of your fishing trips again aren’t you

Hey! This is a forum...........

If you consider that I’m ‘fishing’  then simply put me on ignore.......

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Pack's passing and ability to dictate play far superior to Skuse. 

In your opinion.......

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was a superb pass.  I really rate Marlon....but guilty in second half (only saw a few minutes of first half) of hitting two many long balls out to our left wing that didn’t find their target.  Imho, he just needed to keep playing the shorter ball.

I agree , keep it simple, keep it moving, and find a Red shirt. Worked for Wade Elliot. 
I think some, or a lot of the problem is lack of movement in front of him, when we are playing well and people are showing it is a lot easier. There are periods during games , for whatever reasons, that the options are limited. I'd like to see Eisa and Weimann paring up front (not sure who would drop off), I think the movement could be really good , then it makes it easier for others. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Pack does the same job that Cole Skuse did and equally as well but back then some posters simply didn’t rate CS. I wonder if they now rate Pack? 

Well I’m one of those who didn’t rate Skuse and yet I totally rate Pack. To your untrained eye all you see is a deep-lying midfielder and say that they do the same job. That’s nonsense and Pack is a far far far more superior footballer than Skuse ever was. 

That pass from Pack today has never been in Skuse’s locker. Only thing Skuse had over Pack was a bit of pace - though Skuse tended to never use that ability and meandered or trotted his way about for 90 mins. 

They do completely different jobs. Just because they operate in the same area of the pitch does not make them similar players. 

41 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well I’m one of those who didn’t rate Skuse and yet I totally rate Pack. To your untrained eye all you see is a deep-lying midfielder and say that they do the same job. That’s nonsense and Pack is a far far far more superior footballer than Skuse ever was. 

That pass from Pack today has never been in Skuse’s locker. Only thing Skuse had over Pack was a bit of pace - though Skuse tended to never use that ability and meandered or trotted his way about for 90 mins. 

They do completely different jobs. Just because they operate in the same area of the pitch does not make them similar players. 

Untrained eye?...................:cool2:

Its true I have no coaching badges but not many of us do. My awareness of the beautiful game comes from decades of froth playing and watching. 

If im trying to understand a particular player’s role, I tend to specifically watch them ahead of the rest of the team. That’s how I came to appreciate CS and more recently Pack. Both excellent footballers, both able to protect the defensive. Skuse tho quicker than Pack lacks the ability to nick a goal once in a while as Pack does. 

As I posted before, they’re very similar in style. 

@Harry Will tell you all I have never been his biggest fan, but I have to say last week apart from a dodgy 10/15 minutes at the start of the 2nd half last week and a couple of misplaced passes passes today he has been terrific IMHO, he looks the part in every way shape and form, just a pity he doesn't have somebody who is more creative alongside him.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Pack does the same job that Cole Skuse did and equally as well but back then some posters simply didn’t rate CS. I wonder if they now rate Pack? 

I’ve always rated pack never rated skuse. Skuse never had the range of passing pack gas or influenced the game like pack can. 

Skuse wouldnever put in a mom performance but pack has put in plenty, 

skuse was garbage

Archived