IGNORED

Match Report: All style and no substance at Bolton

Olé

7 hours ago, cityboy said:

Last season, before his injury, he was shaping up to be an excellent player. Indeed, I personally don't think it's any coincidence that our attacking threat greatly diminished after his injury took him out of the team. I imagine he is just working his way back in after such an extended absence, but once he's fully back up to speed then I'm expecting him to be a big asset. 

O'Dowda was certainly making more of a positive impression but iirc. he had publicly apologised to the fans for his previous performance - did he give away a goal, can't remember? - in the days before the match he was injured.

Although he's shown promise I don't believe he's played well enough, for long enough, so far to see him as a potentially key player.

5 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Callum had a very nasty ankle injury. Much more serious than a broken leg. Listening to the physio last season talking about it made me shudder. Bits of wire twisted around parts of the ankle to hold it together. 

The physical injury is probably gone now but the psychological side now comes into the frame. It could be months before he is back to what he was before it. 

And continuing the gloom, from what little we've heard about Adelekun, the wire holding the joint together, he could well take as long to heal physically and mentally. 

Hakeeb's injury is a real 'bummer' as they say, but on the other hand we're pretty well covered in that area and it will give other players more opportunities to establish themselves.

We can then look upon him as more or less a new signing when he returns, hopefully fully fit and raring to go, in January, which will be a Winter boost.

No disguising the fact his injury is a great disappointment though, particularly right at the start of his City career and hopefully all those at the club are working hard to ensure he feels as fully involved and integrated into the squad as possible.

Forgot to mention the two good shouts for a penalty Patersons was definitely a pull back and Eliasson could and should have had a penalty but as the Ref had to do something he booked him for diving .

Something else that has not been mentioned is their first goal-did it cross the line and do we have goal line technology in the championship ? If we don't its a big call to make.   

12 minutes ago, foghornred said:

Forgot to mention the two good shouts for a penalty Patersons was definitely a pull back and Eliasson could and should have had a penalty but as the Ref had to do something he booked him for diving .

Something else that has not been mentioned is their first goal-did it cross the line and do we have goal line technology in the championship ? If we don't its a big call to make.   

We do have goal line technology, Paterson scored a free kick v Derby last season where it was used

9 hours ago, foghornred said:

The call 99% of refs will make in those circumstances is a goal for the home side . 

?

Archived