IGNORED

the spine is not right

where's the joy

get the spine right and the rest of the team will grow in stature

so what's on the shopping list

not sure about our goalie yet. we need a new no1

very not sure about baker in the middle of the central defence. if Bailey's fit hope to see him play right side central with webster on left or kelly

not sure about smith not playing, not fully fit?

not sure about the centre forward without Fammy up top and Weimann playing off his flicks.

but the first six games were always going to be tough without our no9

and we have a few more days to get the loan players in that we need

Think the early indications support the shopping list / points you’ve raised......IMO it would be stunning to bring in quality loanees at keeper, central defence, a really creative midfielder and a striker. Let’s see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Genuinely think we’ll be ok for goals when Fammy comes back and can make do until then (although if Tammy Abraham turns up on loan I’d be pretty pleased), GK I think we need to let the new guy settle. CB and a creative/controlling CM would be great if there is anyone better than what we have available and willing to come here. Two difficult things!

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

Oh sorry one save and three conceded in two games. Top class keeper then?

I don't think anyone's' said top class keeper. But you said he hadn't made a save.

But, agree we need another no 1, and I get the impression that was the first objective this summer but just never got the ones we really wanted. I'm still hoping we tie up the American, permit and all, in January.

Typically as football fans, we are apparently writing off a keeper after two games, so, ignoring that...

Maenpaa

Webster - Baker

Pack - Smith

Diedhiou - Weimann

OP makes a fair point, but should we be fielding our strongest XI, I don't have any problems with that spine of players at all. In fact, I'd say it's pretty damn good compared to teams of a similar calibre to us.

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

Couple of posts up you can see I was there. So one save in two games? I’ve noticed in the post this morning that we’re after another keeper, I wonder why?

I don't think if we had Pickford as keeper he would have saved any of the 3 goals we have conceded so far, just down to poor defending in front of the keeper, mainly by Baker.

Too early to judge Maenpaa, but having watched both games I've not seen him fail to do anything you would want from a keeper and his distribution is good. 

10 hours ago, swanker said:

An easy save is what I’d call that, it was stuck from outside the box. Any keeper could have saved that. 

What goal do you put down to him? He’s not had a chance with any of them - he’ done fine from what I’ve seen

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

I don't think if we had Pickford as keeper he would have saved any of the 3 goals we have conceded so far, just down to poor defending in front of the keeper, mainly by Baker.

Too early to judge Maenpaa, but having watched both games I've not seen him fail to do anything you would want from a keeper and his distribution is good. 

Not been impressed by Baker so far this season.. hopefully improves as he plays more games with Webster 

5 hours ago, swanker said:

Couple of posts up you can see I was there. So one save in two games? I’ve noticed in the post this morning that we’re after another keeper, I wonder why?

We are after another keeper as O’Leary won’t develop sitting on the bench. Thus we need competition for the goalkeeper. Who ever we bring in will be competing and hopefully make our goals conceded stat better. BUT we need to sort out what’s in front of the goalkeeper the CBs have been bang average

Archived