IGNORED

the spine is not right

where's the joy

30 minutes ago, swanker said:

He didn’t come as third choice from Brighton for nothing?

Ive seen as good in the suburban league!

He had little chance for all the goals, I did think the first goal Saturday he could of done better but seeing it again the bloke deflects it right in front of him.

18 hours ago, Distortia said:

Typically as football fans, we are apparently writing off a keeper after two games, so, ignoring that...

Maenpaa

Webster - Baker

Pack - Smith

Diedhiou - Weimann

OP makes a fair point, but should we be fielding our strongest XI, I don't have any problems with that spine of players at all. In fact, I'd say it's pretty damn good compared to teams of a similar calibre to us.

On here a keeper's written off once they let a goal in so not much of a honeymoon period. Every keeper since Basso has had loads of stick on here and some used to moan about him when he had an off day.

9 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Agreed.

We could replace his aerial dominance with a big commanding keeper. Neither Baker or Webster are first ball winners. So pointless asking them to do that kind of job.

You don’t have to have a dominant “first-ball winner” (I like that term, will use it myself - ta) to do well in this division.

Ream and Odoi weren’t last season.

Moore and McShane weren’t the two seasons before last either.

But you do need good positional players who anticipate and cover danger if you don't have that type. 

On 12/08/2018 at 19:21, Jerseybean said:

Think the early indications support the shopping list / points you’ve raised......IMO it would be stunning to bring in quality loanees at keeper, central defence, a really creative midfielder and a striker. Let’s see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Yes I agree with you. But do you really see that happening. ,?

Archived