IGNORED

New Tv

bissellredhead

Looking at getting a new tv, budget is a maximum of £400.

Had a brief look in Currys today and was told that sony or Samsung are the best ones to go for. A few out of our budget unfortunately. Is it worth hanging on for the bank holiday sale? Or even black Friday?

Looking for 4k hd smart tv around 43"

48 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Had a brief look in Currys today and was told that sony or Samsung are the best ones to go for. A few out of our budget unfortunately. Is it worth hanging on for the bank holiday sale? Or even black Friday?

I bought a 44” Samsung Smart HD tv from Curry’s around 18/12 ago. It’s absolutely fine. Easy enough to set up.  Tuned in to my WiFi but entering the password is a bit laborious but I guess it would be any new smart tv.

No idea what k it is tho.

1 hour ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Why do you want 4K? Nothing is actually transmitted in it in this country yet.

Yes it is, nearly all sky sports main events are (football, cricket, F1) and BBC do 4K iPlayer 

I like Richer Sounds or John Lewis for TV's... Both do exceptional free extended warranties'  5/6 years.. (one tv I had for three and a half years developed a non viable repair problem - John Lewis refunded in full, prompt, no nonsense, & excellent service … they also price matched no quibble the initial purchase when I noticed a short while later that Richer Sounds were offering the same tv £50 cheaper.  Good experiences with both companies..

Also, bought an LG smart 43inch 4k ready set last year for about £430... asked if it would be cheaper if I waited for Black Friday, they said if price drops they would honour B Friday price.. It did and R Sounds refunded difference (about £40) no problem)

Plus the staff know their subject, unlike some of the floor staff in some pkaces .  

20 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

Why do you want 4K? Nothing is actually transmitted in it in this country yet.

Netflix, iPlayer and Sky all do a decent amount of 4K content now, certainly enough to make it worth getting a TV capable of showing it.

It'll become the normal way to watch TV in the next 2-3 years.

What I will say about 4K is you need 55-60” screen to really get the best out of it. If you’ve got a 40” 1080P and to get a similar sized 4K you really won’t see that much difference 

9 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I was under the impression on virgin even the new TiVo boxes don’t acrually deliver 4k 

Sky Q does - as does iPlayer/Netflix 

24 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

So virgin doesn’t? 

So had I read correctly and currently virgin doesn’t transmit at all in 4K? 

BT sport 4K is on virgin 

On 12/08/2018 at 18:27, bissellredhead said:

Bought the Panasonic 43 4K prior to world cup

Thought the picture sharper than the Samsung which is what I had in my mind

Bith around the same price (Just over £400 at John Lewis , Richer Sounds)

Delighted with it

Archived