IGNORED

Team v Plymouth

JackiDziekanowski

10 hours ago, pillred said:

not sure about cup matches, last season was great getting to the semi final and beating man utd, but the way it seemed to affect our season overall not sure in hindsight it was all worth it.

But it also worked the other way. After that dire 3-0 defeat to Leeds, we beat Palace 4-1 3 days later. If that game hadn’t have happened, I don’t believe we would’ve been able to grind out the 2-1 away win at Sunderland in the next league game. Momentum is so important and the cup can give you that 

18 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

You understand the point of a discussion forum, right? ?

Of course I understand this is a discussion forum.......

Personally I think  posting what team you’d like to see doesn’t promote much, if any discussion particularly when is against lower league opposition. Championship matches are slightly different of course but we are still in the dark with whatever is going on behind the scenes and that can and does effect the team selection.

For example - we know that LJ rates Korey Smith but he hasn’t started either of the two games so far. Is that because Smith isn’t 100% fit but fit enough for 20 mins or so? Or maybe it’s been a tactical decision - point is we don’t know.

I can’t remember if I’ve ever posted the line up I’d like to see, simply because I don’t have the information on each player to qualify me  to do so.

Tonight I’d like to see Eisa and Taylor start up top as many of us would but will they?  :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Of course I understand this is a discussion forum.......

Personally I think  posting what team you’d like to see doesn’t promote much, if any discussion particularly when is against lower league opposition. Championship matches are slightly different of course but we are still in the dark with whatever is going on behind the scenes and that can and does effect the team selection.

For example - we know that LJ rates Korey Smith but he hasn’t started either of the two games so far. Is that because Smith isn’t 100% fit but fit enough for 20 mins or so? Or maybe it’s been a tactical decision - point is we don’t know.

I can’t remember if I’ve ever posted the line up I’d like to see, simply because I don’t have the information on each player to qualify me  to do so.

Tonight I’d like to see Eisa and Taylor start up top as many of us would but will they?  :dunno:

A slightly strange choice of topic to troll about even for you Robbo, of course people are going to debate what lineup we may see in a cup game. We have a large squad, a few players to give minutes to and some to make their competitive debuts. It's fairly interesting discussion.

You've said you'd like to see Eisa and Taylor play together.. what about your midfield, defence and keeper selection?

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A slightly strange choice of topic to troll about even for you Robbo, of course people are going to debate what lineup we may see in a cup game. We have a large squad, a few players to give minutes to and some to make their competitive debuts. It's fairly interesting discussion.

You've said you'd like to see Eisa and Taylor play together.. what about your midfield, defence and keeper selection?

Not that bothered tbh. 

Macca has said that there’ll be some youngers tonight. Bakinson possibly. Will Dasilva make his debut?    :dunno:

My entire point is that none of us know who’ll play tonight. All we can do is speculate based on very little information and to me it’s pretty pointless trying to select/predict the team.

That said, like everyone else I’ll be very interested in who starts the game tonight.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not that bothered tbh. 

Macca has said that there’ll be some youngers tonight. Bakinson possibly. Will Dasilva make his debut?    :dunno:

My entire point is that none of us know who’ll play tonight. All we can do is speculate based on very little information and to me it’s pretty pointless trying to select/predict the team.

That said, like everyone else I’ll be very interested in who starts the game tonight.

Bakinson on loan. Was on the OS...

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

My point is - whatever team we fans would like to see it is ultimately just speculation. None of us know which players LJ feels need some minutes or which younger players he’d like to have a look at.

I could post the team I’d like to see but I’d almost certainly be way off the team LJ actually selects.i don’t have the inside info that he has - none of have.

For all you know everybody else might know what the team for tonight is as it is all scripted because you are the unaware subject of a global reality TV show. Rather like The Truman Show. So it might not be speculation at all on our part but simply a clever ploy to throw you off the scent by getting you to speculate that we are speculating.

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

Yes they were, or Joe anyway. League 1 season was 4 years ago, Bryan’s 24 now, this was 20 for the league 1 season. 

Sorry then, first team at this standard, the league we were in when we won league 1 was very poor bar 3/4 other teams. Compare that to the division we're in this season.

• Admin

Just off on a tangent.

Remember there is no extra time in the league cup anymore

Penalties are taken in the ABBA order

Bookings in the league cup, only count in this cup and not against league games

VAR will be used by Premier league sides when playing at home

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Just off on a tangent.

Wait for a controversial moment at a non prem ground to get ignored/talked about depending whether a big team is or isn't involved then

No idea what the team will be but it's very important LJ treats the game seriously and puts out a team he fully, and genuinely, expects will be good enough to win.

Losing at home to a div.3 team is not acceptable or good for the morale of either players or fans.

I wouldn't attend an early League Cup game these days after witnessing the home defeat to Oxford a few years ago which seemed to be treated as part of the season's plan.

Part of the plan it might have been but a complete waste of my time and money.

Bristol City should be aiming to win every single game they compete in.

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Just off on a tangent.

I think the ABBA system for penalties has now been scrapped?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Not that bothered tbh. 

Not as pointless as pulling people up for stating the team they’d like to see on a thread specifically set up to do that surely?

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Not as pointless as pulling people up for stating the team they’d like to see on a thread specifically set up to do that surely?

He's one of our own, yet no one is willing to admit to it.

22 hours ago, Slacker said:

Looked on the OS and I can't see if this one is POTD.I assume it is but does anyone know for sure?Many Thanks. 

Yes it is.

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Show me where I’ve slated someone’s team selection..........

I think you’re missing my point here Tlc.

1 hour ago, Jcolebristol said:

You obviously do care a little bit if you're on page 2 of a topic...

It is funny @Jcolebristol how often he says he doesn't care about things yet it always on a thread talking about it. I reckon deep down we all know he will be there tonight

14 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I don't but then I don't spend all my time on here ...tin pot cup, but like  say a chance for fringe players, might go fishing, more exciting.

If you are as good at real life fishing as you are internet fishing on here you must eat a lot of fish suppers ?????

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

My point is - whatever team we fans would like to see it is ultimately just speculation. None of us know which players LJ feels need some minutes or which younger players he’d like to have a look at.

I could post the team I’d like to see but I’d almost certainly be way off the team LJ actually selects.i don’t have the inside info that he has - none of have.

Pedantic **** 

Archived