IGNORED

Two matches in and panic aboard

Major Isewater

I am really amazed at how many ' supporters ' are criticising the team after just two games in .

There's already people saying that NM isn't up to it as a replacement for FF, Baker needs replacing , Pato etc 

Do you not realise that we have had major surgery on the team and squad and it takes a little time for players to adapt to the changes ?

I'm guessing that these people have never played football other than in their bedrooms .

Part of the pleasure of following a football club is to watch the evolution of the squad and team .

I have never seen a City team so comfortable on the ball and we have a squad chockablock with talent. 

These are human beings not robots. Give them a chance and your backing as they find their place .

There will be surprising losses and victories just enjoy the ride .

These "supporters" are just expressing their own views on players/performances etc; maybe you should allow for them being "human beings and not robots" as well.

Supporters should not be continually jumped on by others either for merely expressing their thoughts on a forum.

Or maybe we should all think do and say the same and agree with everything that the manager/coach/chairman does without question....maybe in North Korea or somewhere but not here.

Its a forum for fans views, however diverse they maybe. :dunno:

The old "supporters" in commas bollocks you get from super-fans.  

Not everyone has a hard on over 4 wins all year, underwhelming transfer business and another year of the Lee Johnson experiment. 

Happy to see what happens and they do need to be given a chance but nothing wrong with criticism. 

Now give me your bins.

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am really amazed at how many ' supporters ' are criticising the team after just two games in .

There's already people saying that NM isn't up to it as a replacement for FF, Baker needs replacing , Pato etc 

Do you not realise that we have had major surgery on the team and squad and it takes a little time for players to adapt to the changes ?

I'm guessing that these people have never played football other than in their bedrooms .

Part of the pleasure of following a football club is to watch the evolution of the squad and team .

I have never seen a City team so comfortable on the ball and we have a squad chockablock with talent. 

These are human beings not robots. Give them a chance and your backing as they find their place .

Absolutely major. Especially the last comment.?

What you say about the evolution of the squad at team is very reminiscent of what Mr Lansdown said at a Q&A away at Wolves a few years ago (season we got relegated with S O'D) - he was looking for the team to be competing in the Championship with a view of trying to get promotion to the Premier League using younger players who would grow together over the years, with the occasional experienced heads coming in (my question to him was along this line), ala Paul Hartley / Shaun Taylor esque players. Funnily enough, we ended with Elliot and Wilbrahimovic who both exceeded their duty for us in my opinion.

With match experience comes game management, knowing when to conserve energy and learning how to dictate the game to our advantage. The players being good on the ball does have it's advantages, but the team (and the coaching staff) must drill it into them that the chances we create with all this possession must be converted into goals and the defensive side of things needs to be shored up too. That isn't just defensive drills, it's mental fatigue and strength too. But the more games they play, the more they'll develop and improve.

2 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Absolutely major. Especially the last comment.?

What you say about the evolution of the squad at team is very reminiscent of what Mr Lansdown said at a Q&A away at Wolves a few years ago (season we got relegated with S O'D) - he was looking for the team to be competing in the Championship with a view of trying to get promotion to the Premier League using younger players who would grow together over the years, with the occasional experienced heads coming in (my question to him was along this line), ala Paul Hartley / Shaun Taylor esque players. Funnily enough, we ended with Elliot and Wilbrahimovic who both exceeded their duty for us in my opinion.

With match experience comes game management, knowing when to conserve energy and learning how to dictate the game to our advantage. The players being good on the ball does have it's advantages, but the team (and the coaching staff) must drill it into them that the chances we create with all this possession must be converted into goals and the defensive side of things needs to be shored up too. That isn't just defensive drills, it's mental fatigue and strength too. But the more games they play, the more they'll develop and improve.

Great player - shame he went back to Russia.

38 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Good post Major but I’m amazed that you’re amazed.

This otib remember and you’ve been around long enough to know that there are always plenty of negative posters who jump into posting without thinking too deeply about it...............

49 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Amen 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I won't knock that, although I do find it a bit sad when it seems to be the same old names being negative again.

Anyway........

I've had a look on a couple of different Bolton forums, and find it very encouraging reading what they thought of City, and how well we played/were superior to them.

Maybe a more realistic assessment than the blinkered views (on both sides of the fence) that we often get on here?

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good post Major but I’m amazed that you’re amazed.

This otib remember and you’ve been around long enough to know that there are always plenty of negative posters who jump into posting without thinking too deeply about it...............

Yeah but, I' m amazed that you're amazed that he's amazed.

Maybe I'm amazed

5 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I won't knock that, although I do find it a bit sad when it seems to be the same old names being negative again.

Anyway........

I've had a look on a couple of different Bolton forums, and find it very encouraging reading what they thought of City, and how well we played/were superior to them.

Maybe a more realistic assessment than the blinkered views (on both sides of the fence) that we often get on here?

I doubt many Bolton fans had much praise for us after our fixture there last season & rightly so. 

For me, the summary so far is - decent point against big spending Forest, who are expected to do well. 

Good performance, overall, at Bolton. Very disappointing to concede 2 soft goals, but excellent character shown to come back and rescue a well deserved point, with excellent goals. 

So far, ok, in my book.  

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I think the thing too many forget us that there’s an opposition out there, some of the 11 we come up against are better individually than our own too.  

I thought  wed start the season a bit slowly as players integrate.  We could have 6 points already, but we could by the same token have zero.  We have two draws, some encouragement from the way we are trying to play, but not a cohesive unit just yet.

Hiw many managers sit there 8-10 games in with the side they thought was perfect in Day One.  Very, very few.  There are always changes, one player surprises the manager in a positive way and another isn’t quitecat the races.  Some teams do a u-turn on their formations, approach etc.

I think we will need to wait til end of Sept to get a real idea of where this squad are.  No idea of individual results but I can see us drawing a fair few, could be something like P10 W2 D6 L2 or something like that.

I’m quite relaxed, but I haven’t seen a game in the flesh yet!

Good thread. If we are in bottom six at xmas i will be moaning with the best of them and calling for a change at the helm. But i think that we will be ok and we have enough to comfortably avoid that scenario. When big Fam comes back we will have more of a cutting edge. Too early for doom and gloom. Especially as we have two draws. Anyone would of though we lost both games by 3 or 4 goals!!!

I've got a feeling that, at Christmas, we will be around 10-12th and without really firing on all cylinders.

We will strengthen in January and get better, probably finding our top form in February, keeping equilibrium, then peaking in April-may, sneaking into a play off place and securing our place in the premiership with a comfortable win at Wembley.

I think we will just keep getting better as the season goes on, almost a reverse of our form last season.

I've got a really good feeling about this season, we've got a system and the squad to play the system, we will get more comfortable as the season goes on and January will see us enter the window with an abundance of players who want to join the club and play our brand of football. It's our time.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Fair points,.................... but really??

You are either a great deal younger than I thought, or your memory is playing tricks on you.

6 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I've got a feeling that, at Christmas, we will be around 10-12th and without really firing on all cylinders.

We will strengthen in January and get better, probably finding our top form in February, keeping equilibrium, then peaking in April-may, sneaking into a play off place and securing our place in the premiership with a comfortable win at Wembley.

I think we will just keep getting better as the season goes on, almost a reverse of our form last season.

I've got a really good feeling about this season, we've got a system and the squad to play the system, we will get more comfortable as the season goes on and January will see us enter the window with an abundance of players who want to join the club and play our brand of football. It's our time.

I don’t remember a January we’ve ever truly strengthened, especially the seasons we’ve been in good positions, so not sure I’m confident it would be any different this season.

also where was that abundance of players that wanted to join us last Jan when we were in the playoffs, just beaten Man United and were in the semi finals of the league cup?

admire your optimism but ultimately money talks and that’s what we will need to strengthen (if indeed the squad needs it).

that said, I’m fairly positive about our chances and we’ll be top half around Xmas I reckon.

8 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I love the positivity of this post, although paragraph by paragraph, it is akin to spotting a woman on the dance floor after 4 pints and rating her as a 5 or 6 out of 10 and then watching her become an 8, 9, 9.5 as you reach the 10/12 pint mark..! ??

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I love the positivity of this post, although paragraph by paragraph, it is akin to spotting a woman on the dance floor after 4 pints and rating her as a 5 or 6 out of 10 and then watching her become an 8, 9, 9.5 as you reach the 10/12 pint mark..! ??

I see it more as going for the girl in the office with glasses and her hair tied up. She makes you laugh and she sends you funny emails, full of slight sexual innuendo, you email back and after every email you find her more attractive. Then comes the Xmas party and she turns up in a tight, little black dress, hair down, glasses off......and you realise not only is she fit, you've already put all the ground work in, without really knowing it, and hey presto.......

The big problem is that we are so predictable.

When we got the early goal v Forest, I turned to those next to me and said that we'll now try and defend that lead. So after twenty minutes in, we started allowing Forest to get a toe hold and from then on, we never looked like winning. 

On to Bolton, where we dominated possession but hardly looked like getting a goal. After half time, the realist in me took over and I'm thinking when do Bolton get the winner. Not one but two in five minutes and we have to play catch up against one of the nailed on favourites for the drop. 

We haven't won away since Sheffield United last December. It's all so predictable isn't it. We've had five wins since 30th December. 

It's not moaning for the sake of moaning. It is the total understanding that we are struggling to get any positive consistency in our play for the last five months of football. 

And now, Major, you are saying we should all be upbeat and content. 

I love watching City and hope everyone involved is a success.

The thing that has surprised me most is the pass Steve Lansdown has been given for his 15 years in charge. It’s almost like the clock resets every couple of years. 

I understand and appreciate the whole “he’s the best owner in the league” arguments, I just think that 15 years down the line, none of this has really panned out the way he thought.

I just hope we at least have a sustained, stress free run at this level now. Relegation in the next couple of years would be a joke really.

9 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I see it more as going for the girl in the office with glasses and her hair tied up. She makes you laugh and she sends you funny emails, full of slight sexual innuendo, you email back and after every email you find her more attractive. Then comes the Xmas party and she turns up in a tight, little black dress, hair down, glasses off......and you realise not only is she fit, you've already put all the ground work in, without really knowing it, and hey presto.......

....you find out after you’ve bought her a drink she’s already going out with the good-looking senior guy from Marketing and has used you to make her own work look better. You then end up with the 4/10 from Accounts, and have to do the walk of shame into the office the morning after!

Archived