IGNORED

BCTV from iPad to TV

Jerseybean

Thinking of getting an iPad lightening to HDMI cable in order to view BCTV on the TV rather than on an iPad. Does anyone know if this will work and if anyone has done the samething please can you recommend a suitable cable. Some cables say they do not support apps that have HDCP video copyright protection (not sure if this applies to BCTV).

23 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Thinking of getting an iPad lightening to HDMI cable in order to view BCTV on the TV rather than on an iPad. Does anyone know if this will work and if anyone has done the samething please can you recommend a suitable cable. Some cables say they do not support apps that have HDCP video copyright protection (not sure if this applies to BCTV).

I know it works via laptop to tv via a HDMI cable - or it did last season.  Mentioned to me that they couldn't see an option to chrome cast it on Saturday though. 

Buy a Chromecast dongle for £30 https://store.google.com/gb/product/chromecast_2015  then download chromecast browser for free from app store. You can now stream from Ipad to TV! You can then open a new tab in chromecast (the game will keep streaming) and follow the OTIB matchday thread. 

This is how I have it set on matchdays and works perfectly.

On top of that, you can now stream anything from any phone, computer, laptop or tablet to your TV.

Archived