IGNORED

Ian Wright spouting crap!

formerly known as ivan

45 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Do you have stats on how many have relevant badges, apply for jobs and get turned down?

Im sure when this came up before someone posted stats about the lack of reprensatation on the coaching courses and actually applying for jobs.

I don't know if these stats exist, and if they do, I don't have possession of them. What I do know, and can see, is the lack of diversity in managers across the 92 league clubs - in stark contrast to those that play the professional game. 

One might take the view that if the issue filters down to job applications and representation on the coaching courses then therein lies an even bigger problem. The perception being that for those who aren't white there is no point even enrolling on said courses because there is little to no hope of securing a job @ the end of it. And so it goes on, a vicious cycle...no job prospects...so no enrolment on the coaching course...so no diversity within the management cohort. It's self-propagating and is quite possibly the evidence that you asked me to provide, albeit by another name.

6 hours ago, EnderMB said:

Ian Wright chats some absolute bollocks most of the time, but he is right on the money with this.

The Sun, Sky, and many others have been pushing an agenda against Sterling for years, and before the World Cup their attack on his gun tattoo was despicable. He got the tattoo because his dad was shot dead, yet both outlets refused to post about this until the FA stepped in, and even then they pushed the other side of the agenda, that he shouldn't be able to display the tattoo. 

To be fair it would be pretty dumb for any high profile person to get a prominent gun tattoo because they hate guns.

Just as a comparison, imagine how the papers would react if Wayne Rooney got a swastika tattoo, as anti holocaust protest.

2 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I don't think that's really been part of his character since Daniel Craig. The Scottish part I mean. Gerard Butler is not in the same league as Idris Elba as an actor - would be a real step down from Daniel Craig in acting talent, and would underwhelm me if chosen. 

I just meant the Scottish bit which I thought was still carried on in the Craig films.I reckon its daft to lobby for Idris Elba to be Bond because he isnt short of top roles and as good as he may be this is not about his acting prowess.

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

This, I’m not sure if it’s racially motivated but there’s an agenda. He never chose to be bought for silly money at a young age but that seems to have put a target on his back. Thankfully he seems to have a decent head on his shoulders and can deflect the criticism.

as for being England’s worse player, that’s subjective. He didn’t score goals but he did a lot of work that people just won’t see / admit.

I LIKE KANE AND THIS WON'T BE POPULAR BUT HE WAS AS BAD AS STERLING FOR OVERALL EFFECTIVENESS(the goals will mask that) and Alli was probably the worst IMO because he appeared to be injured the whole time.

Sorry Marcus but can't agree with that. As a striker coming home with the golden boot at a world cup I would say Kane had done his job and was the most effective striker at the world cup.

2 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

I don't know if these stats exist, and if they do, I don't have possession of them. What I do know, and can see, is the lack of diversity in managers across the 92 league clubs - in stark contrast to those that play the professional game. 

One might take the view that if the issue filters down to job applications and representation on the coaching courses then therein lies an even bigger problem. The perception being that for those who aren't white there is no point even enrolling on said courses because there is little to no hope of securing a job @ the end of it. And so it goes on, a vicious cycle...no job prospects...so no enrolment on the coaching course...so no diversity within the management cohort. It's self-propagating and is quite possibly the evidence that you asked me to provide, albeit by another name.

Maybe it’s an attitude change for those thinking “why should I even bother” that’s needed?

48 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Did you watch it? I’m not knocking his goal return but did he actually play better than say griezman? 3 were against Panama 1 of which he knew nothing about

Sorry your trying to have it both ways here. 

I have no problem with your defence of Rahem but to say Harry was ineffective apart from his goals and point out that some of the goals were against poor opposition is rubbish. Let's not forget that Rahem didn't score against this poor opposition. 

Harry put the ball in the net more than any other player from any  other country did. I would say he efficetively did his job very well.

I suppose after the bellend that is Stan Collymore accused him of being an Uncle Tom he just had to spout predictable drivel like this to try & stay relevant.

Oddly enough, I do enjoy Wrighty's banter at times even if his actual punditry is found wanting at times.

That old race card is becoming ever more boring by the day & I think most of us are more than fed up with it & this very sad liberalist PC mad country we now have to endure.

16 hours ago, Leveller said:

To be fair it would be pretty dumb for any high profile person to get a prominent gun tattoo because they hate guns.

Just as a comparison, imagine how the papers would react if Wayne Rooney got a swastika tattoo, as anti holocaust protest.

The point is that it's a personal symbol to him, and a symbol that represents the death of a family member is as personal as it gets. A gun in itself is not a representative symbol of hate in the same way that a swastika is. A gun is an object in the same way that a knife is, but no one would bat an eyelid if someone got a knife or a sword tattoo.

Regardless, the media knew this was the case, and they still attacked him for it.

Trouble with Sterling, which he may never live down is that he got bad publicity for knocking women around which isn't widely admired whether charges were dropped or not.

Rooney was/is widely despised because despite all his fame and wealth he is a chav, and a white one...

No race or earnings issues so far as I can see, as loads of black or mixed heritage  footballers in the country are  adored by the white majority and have been for years.

Archived