IGNORED

Cornwall Stadium - works starts today

cheshire_red

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

Truro to be the next plucky non-league club to get better facilities then the gas

I listened to a bit of the interview with Geoff and the Gas man the other day, he didn't sound very forthcoming about any major developments with the training ground or the stadium…

Sadly, I would be surprised if Truro City survive to play in the stadium. The switch to Torquay has obviously killed ticket revenue and the manager and his assistant have already walked following fallouts with the chairman over the future of the club. The Council, by delaying the stadium for so long, may have killed one of its future residents. Obviously the chairman selling Treyew Road before the club could move to the SfC didn't help but it would be a real shame to see the closest thing resembling a football team in Cornwall die like this.

52 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

Sadly, I would be surprised if Truro City survive to play in the stadium. The switch to Torquay has obviously killed ticket revenue and the manager and his assistant have already walked following fallouts with the chairman over the future of the club. The Council, by delaying the stadium for so long, may have killed one of its future residents. Obviously the chairman selling Treyew Road before the club could move to the SfC didn't help but it would be a real shame to see the closest thing resembling a football team in Cornwall die like this.

Perhaps thr Sags could move there, they are use to non league grounds, and its better than what they desicrate now?

Archived