IGNORED

Barnsley - Mental Health/MIND Charity (Merged)_

Coppello

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Very good - assuming it’s not a wind-up. 

Why would you think it's a wind up? I have loads of mates who are Barnsley fans that have been talking about this. The recipient of the letter is a Barnsley fan who's been chronicling (not sure that's the right word) his mental health difficulties on twitter and the CEO (who's new and 29 years old) sent him that letter. The club didn't publicise it at all, it was the guy who got the letter.

You can be cynical about it (God knows I'm a cynical soul!), but I think this is just a great gesture by a club which from personal experience is pretty good at community engagement

44 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Why would you think it's a wind up? I have loads of mates who are Barnsley fans that have been talking about this. The recipient of the letter is a Barnsley fan who's been chronicling (not sure that's the right word) his mental health difficulties on twitter and the CEO (who's new and 29 years old) sent him that letter. The club didn't publicise it at all, it was the guy who got the letter.

You can be cynical about it (God knows I'm a cynical soul!), but I think this is just a great gesture by a club which from personal experience is pretty good at community engagement

I’m suspicious of such things. I guess I’ve grown up in a world of vicious ‘banter’. Getting relegated hurts as a fan, but I’m used to people actually WISHING it on me (I live in Swindon) so I just grit my teeth and bear the pain when/if it happens  

I absolutely support this initiative and hope other clubs might do similar. Mental health (or lack of it)  is not visible   

Not belittling it at all. 

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’m suspicious of such things. I guess I’ve grown up in a world of vicious ‘banter’. Getting relegated hurts as a fan, but I’m used to people actually WISHING it on me (I live in Swindon) so I just grit my teeth and bear the pain when/if it happens  

I absolutely support this initiative and hope other clubs might do similar. Mental health (or lack of it)  is not visible   

Not belittling it at all. 

I wasn't having a go at you as such (as I said, I'm a bit of a cynic myself). Sometimes you have to just take things on face value I guess

That’s really nice, it’s good to hear the human side of clubs sometimes. They could give back so much if they thought about it, I know a lot do publically and privately but usually they have to be approached officially first. Barnsley seem to have made the first move in this case which is even better, so good on them.

Archived